Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We should be treated to juror instructions before Juan starts his closing arguments. Counsel is still in chambers. #JodiArias

Just saw a tweet from someone in the court that JM's brother is there today. :)

Just got back from having an MRI. Serious pain here, but still trying to decide if I can take pain meds and still comprehend the closing statements.

Please take care. Hope watching JM fight for Justice will help you a bit...

If I were on this jury I'd sure hate for anyone to compare me to or think of me as if I were a member of that other P12 jury. As an intelligent and independent adult I'd expect to be thought of and treated as me and not part of some other group way back a couple years.

I'd be insulted that anyone would worry that I wouldn't do the job I took an oath to do and wouldn't follow the rules of the court and of the judge. I would only judge the case I was on and not try to "right a wrong" from some other case.

It insults every other jury to worry they are like anyone else.

I think this jury deserves respect and acknowledgement they are different human beings. The past is the past.

Good morning all :seeya:

Im not having a good morning, but Im hoping that Juan will turn it around for me. Im glad its almost over, but Im actually sad this chapter is closing. Im happy Justice will be served (I believe, anyway) and I am elated that the Alexander family will be able to move on (as much as one could after losing a loved one and going through all this). My prayers will be with them always, and I think that Travis will be in my thoughts daily, he wasnt perfect, but he was a good man and didnt deserve what happened to him. He was murdered for being a good person who couldnt just turn his back on someone he (once) cared for, and then his memory is dragged through the mud by the one who killed him and the ones she hired to get her off. I pray for her soul (the very very tiny one that she MIGHT have) and I pray for her family.

May Justice be served for Travis and his family!

Carrying over from the last thread

Beth says manslaughter IS in the instructions. Think, jurors, THINK.

Please don't anyone go :panic: when you hear the jury instruction for manslaughter..

Cases have been reversed due to the lesser included not being instructed

Here is one case I can think of off the top of my head:

STATE OF FLORIDA vs ALEJANDRO FERRER

We therefore hold that appellate counsel was ineffective in failing to argue
that the then-standard manslaughter by act instruction was fundamentally erroneous because it included an additional element of intent to kill. Because a new appeal would be redundant in this case, we reverse Ferrer's conviction for second-degree murder with a weapon, vacate the sentence, and remand for a new trial. See Del Valle, 52 So. 3d at 19.

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2011/September/September%2009,%202011/2D10-5981.pdf

Yes, Ferrer was released from prison after his petition was granted!

I don't think I can take another jury travesty like we saw in Orlando......I will totally lose faith in our judicial system. I just have to stay positive and not let negativity enter my mind....

JVM says ja's Granny is there again to day and a VERY LARGE Family Group of Alexander's!! YIPPEE Justice for Travis and his family.

Nice assault on JA's grand mom by HLN. At least no comment from her.

I have FIVE windows open for live streaming. lol They can't ALL go down, but I hope we don't have the stuttering and replays we did yesterday.

Well, I must say friends *taking a long swig from Gatorade bottle that smells oddly like flavored vodka, then grabbing a quick swig from Diet Sprite bottle, tucking both back in purse quickly* it would have been just wrong to start closing arguments on time, leaving us with no seal time. Did anyone bring Cheetos?

Is the Jury instructions first, then the closing statements?

Yes! I forgot about this. Hopefully we start on time and the DT and/or the PT don't want any last minute changes!

Chris Williams@chriswnews

Brother of #JodiArias pros Juan Martinez is sitting in front of me on the left side of the courtroom gallery

Well, wait. Correct me if I am wrong, but once she is found guilty, don't we have another mini-trial for punishment phase?

Would you guess another 3 weeks?

Yes.

And I would guess longer than 3 weeks. That's when the defense will really pull out all the stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX