Closing Arguments- thread #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG...I had to take an important phone call and I almost had a heart attack!!

....now where are my computer glasses...everything is a blur...

I made it!

I was thinking today that the Judge told the jurors several times yesterday to make sure their clocks were the same time. Could it be that jurors have been coming back late?

Carrying over from the last thread

Please don't anyone go :panic: when you hear the jury instruction for manslaughter..

Cases have been reversed due to the lesser included not being instructed

Here is one case I can think of off the top of my head:

STATE OF FLORIDA vs ALEJANDRO FERRER

We therefore hold that appellate counsel was ineffective in failing to argue
that the then-standard manslaughter by act instruction was fundamentally erroneous because it included an additional element of intent to kill. Because a new appeal would be redundant in this case, we reverse Ferrer's conviction for second-degree murder with a weapon, vacate the sentence, and remand for a new trial. See Del Valle, 52 So. 3d at 19.

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2011/September/September%2009,%202011/2D10-5981.pdf

Yes, Ferrer was released from prison after the petition his granted!

Thank you for pointing that out but of course it will be hard to hear that instruction. it is a necessary evil

Ugh. The 2 drama queen talking heads, Casares and JVM, are front and centre today, amping up the circus atmosphere. JVM yells, and Casares' voice throbs with drama. Shameless.

When Juan does his final closing after the defense can he put up photos of the Travis that we have seen in life--photos with Naps etc...I just feel that TA deserves to be remembered as the delightful young man he was--I feel its time to humanize our true Victim.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We should be treated to juror instructions before Juan starts his closing arguments. Counsel is still in chambers. #JodiArias

Arrgggg...I'm worried about this judges instructions... :banghead:

Beth Karas implied that Nurmi might do closing arguments (Willmott did opening). If its Nurmi, this could take days. If its Willmott, I might decide to find some chores to do. Either way, the defense arguments will be chock full of lies and I'm not sure if I can stand it.

I will place my wager on Willmott. She did the opening and she'll do the closing. We may get to hear how JA "had" to kill Travis. :banghead:

:seeya: Ready!

Any body add up the number of hours of yesterdays' testimony?

Did we get 1, 2 or 3 regular full AZ court WEEKS stuffed into one day??? :giggle:

Yeah makes me wonder and its really interesting that Jodie's dads not there! Not even Jodie's siblings.
I actually feel for him! I'm sure he is very ill and who knows maybe he is embarrassed that she could do this. Don't throw rocks at me! I'm just sputtering.

I hope it happens for Travis, his family, and us. No...I believe. Justice will happen.

My prayers for the Alexander Family as we go forward towards justice.

Now feeling like I'm waiting for hours on the tarmac for takeoff

poor BeachGirlfromPA...

she just texted me, her internet and cable TV both just went down... she's franctically calling them to try and see what's up...

lets cross our fingers for her, that would suck so bad right now...

Oh no! Send her to starbucks for the wifi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove