Closing Arguments- thread #172

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JA were claiming she wasn't there and didn't kill Travis, the palm print would be an issue to prove otherwise. She admitted to being there, to killing Travis. The presence of the palm print is not essential and is already entered into evidence. JM doesn't need it to convince anyone of what it represents. He may mention it but the jury already knows about it. We're way past having to prove she was there and did it. If it proved premed then it would be a big deal. IMO

All true but also....I thought he was going to say how she thought she cleaned up so well EXCEPT for that palm print.

Seeing Steven, the other brothers and Chris crying today really breaks my heart. I hate Jodi for saying, she knows they are hurting, but it is only temporary. They will miss him, every minute of every day. Forever.

I think Juan is saving a lot of the clips of Jodi in her own words for his final wordsl after Nurmi. If I pm someone my number can I get a text when Nurmi ends and Juan is back up? I do not think I can sit through Nurmi trying to go on and on about Travis being a pedophile and abuser. I'm done with that crap!

Jodi once again snuck a peak at each photo Juan showed of Travis and his wounds. Photos she has ALREADY seen. I put them together and will be putting them in the media thread since it may not be of interest here.

I just find it interesting that even at the very end of the road. The time she is supposed to be on her best behavior, she can't help gawking at what she did.

The only way I feel better about it is to talk about it and how horrible she is. Oh, and post photos of her doing it.

:stormingmad:

Juan, wow. I could listen to him speak for days and days straight. How I love Juan. The amazing human being that he is. He is doing Travis proud.
I hope the jury can see that. Sick, sick, sick, and evil beyond comprehension.

I dunno...maybe she's used to putting on a "front" in court b/c obviously it's her job, but sometimes I just find it so strange when the camera is on her and Jodi, that she just stares at the gruesome pics on the monitor with her hand under her chin and shows absolutely no emotion. It has happened lots of times. Even though they don't show a close-up of Nurmi, I sometimes see him getting uncomfortable, fidgeting in his chair - I can tell he doesn' tlike to look at the pics. But JW has no problem with it!! I understand she's trying to not show any emotion for the "other side" to protect her client, but we're all human after all. I don't know...maybe she goes home and breaks down there, but sometimes I feel like she hates Travis as much as Jodi does....like hey look at this mean guy he hit my client and was going to kill her look what he did to her.

Nurmi is doing this because he has to. He derives no pleasure from doing it unlike well....

I love how Juan said she killed him 3 times over, even conceded it doesn't matter whether she shot stabbed or slashed first or second. She was intent on killing him. Who cares which came first? It was still a vicious premeditated killing.

Had to post a great big thank you to everyone for all the comments today so that I could kind of keep up at work with what was going on in the courtroom. I am so pumped now to watch everything I missed!! I'll watch live until Nermi comes up, and then I'm going to bask in Juan's Juanderfullness. You guys are da bomb! :rockon:

:tyou:

I zoomed in on Jodi and at one point she had her eyes closed just enough, and yet she shifted her eyes to the left to see those pictures. That was eerie.

She is keeping watch on the jurors. I swear she is letting JW know which jurors are submitting what questions. I've been watching her watch them! Lol.

JW looked shell-shocked during much of Juan's closing. I think that this is really the first time that she has heard the "real" story - the TRUTH - about what her client did to Travis Alexander. :moo:

You hear that ,,in the wind from the desert,,the trumpet of the elephants of truth is crying out load and clear

Websleuth's is fortunately Travis friendly but even on Twitter where anyone can post, I've hardly seen a negative comment about JM or any comments about JA not being guilty.

I like how Juan explained the blood contamination from the crime scene. He kept it really tight and specific, none past the threshold where she cut his throat, no where, not the closet, bedroom, stairs, washing machine, not even the bottle of bleach.

I also appreciated his whole rainbow analogy.

The rainbow analogy got me - I'll never look at them the same way again. I'll think of Travis.

We are at the tail end and wouldn't you know, the family wants dinner.....sigh. Guess I will have to oblige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb