Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The words: "You are the worst thing that ever happened to me" just keep resonating in my head.

Well she did ... She already had the knife .. She wanted to feeeeeeel it IMO she wanted to sink the knife into his flesh .. She took the gun because she was worried he'd overpower her so had it for backup .. She shot him to make sure he was dead and because she wanted to keep killing him.

Jodi wanted to make d**n sure that Travis was not only merely dead; he was really most sincerely dead. :angel:

A couple of descriptors I heard and agree with regarding JM today = Passionate and Effectual.

I would add Persuasive and Zealous.

I'll see your gopher and raise you a
250px-Pr%C3%A4riehund_P1010308.JPG
(Cynomys ludovicianus).

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I changed my avatar yesterday in honor of Juan throwing the gopher into the mix. That still makes me laugh thinking about it

Juan had a co-pilot today - angel wings on his shoulder! When he referred to the blood smear in the hallway as a 'rainbow arch'...I lost it.
If JA had a conscience, she would not have been able to stay in that courtroom during Juan's flawless re-creation of the heinous murder she committed. She has no remorse and will never beg for Travis's forgiveness. Rotten to the core!

I am not being snarky, but it took me a few seconds to figure out what JM was referring to as a "rainbow arch". My first thought when I heard it was Gay Pride? No. Then the Rainbow Bridge (the place that animals go when they die) It did not take me long to figure out what he was talking about and I hope the jury got the metaphor before I did. I found JM's metaphors (is that the correct term?) kind of distracting. I am not Pro-Jodi.:moo:

I was waiting for the bombshell about the remote that she returned to DB---I cannot help but think it would be the smoking gun to her involvement in the burglary at her grandmas.

Me too, and unless I missed it, JM didn't mention a dvr was taken during that burglary. hmmm

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone else was watching JA's face when Juan put that photo up of Travis sitting in the shower. Watch her face very closely and she looks up at it and I see a flash of INTENSE anger. It was, (in my opinion) as if for a split second there she was re-living it and she became mad.

It made me wonder just what was it at that moment in time, that split second that triggered her? Something about that instant triggers her.

But that's the reason she didn't get the receipt and walmart has no record. She just left it there by the cleared trees. It's not hear fault walmar wasn't build yet, and she needed to return the gas can.

BBM

The part where Juan pointed out that Travis could see Jodi stabbing him in the mirror was particularly heart wrenching.

That got me too, Mrs G Norris! I had never thought of that aspect of the attack and killing before. He could see her in the mirror stabbing him! Tears just rolled down my face. That poor, poor, poor man! How horrific that must have been for him. How unreal. How confused and scared and in pain he must have been. He suffered.

Yet even though he saw her coming back at him - he didn't attack back! She had NO wounds from him. Even while she was brutally attacking him - he still never laid a hand on her!

"I'll kill you beeotch" - he never said that. He never even thought it - NEVER!

In the previous thread today, a poster posted the screen capture of that gesture.:seeya:
I'm happy someone else saw this, and, was able to post a screen capture.

I've been reading all of the threads - however, I have not seen this particular screen capture (of Arias appearing to be giving JM the middle finger).

Ahem... Jodi faked everything. She lied and manipulated to get her way with Travis. She "faked it" because she knew she could use the sex over him.

imo, she also faked so she can save the recording away for future use and to drag him through the mud.

But, it backfired right in her face.

Haha, maybe that wasn't the best point he made. But it is a weird moment to fake it. Why fake it on the phone unless you're being paid?

He was the one doing the objecting during the JM's closing-that's typically a clear sign as to which attorney will present the closing (or cross during testimony). Nurmi is first chair and handled Jodi's direct testimony, so it makes sense that he'd do the close. Also, while JM touched on ALV & the BPD vs. PTSD/fog, the bulk of his closing focused on Jodi's manipulations, lies, and connecting the dots to a clear case of premeditated murder. I think that's Nurmi territory. It wouldn't be unheard of for Nurmi and Willmott to split up the close (a la Baez and Mason in the CA trial), so we'll have to wait and see.

BBM

That's my vote. Can't see JW exiting stage left just yet.

So far, it's going according to the script...

TheBadSeed1956Ending_zps2947f7c4.jpg

Patty McCormack is a most convincing Jodi Ann Arias.

Juan's close was brilliant. Was watching this through the wee hours all the way from Australia, and it was well worth the sleep deprivation!

He strung together the evidence near perfectly, and it really told a clear story - supported by direct and circumstantial evidence that is very difficult to undo, even if some Jurors are giving weight to the Self Defence claims.

I hope that in the final closing statements tomorrow, Juan really rings home the notion that ALL. EVERY SINGLE ITEM of defence evidence, or mitigating circumstances relies on Jodi's words alone. There is NO physical, witness or any corroborating evidence. Only the words of a proven liar. There is not a single piece of evidence brought into the defence case that doesn't require a huge leap of faith to believe Jodi Arias.

Also, ring home the unlikeliness of Jodi Arias being the unluckiest woman on earth. There is overwhelming evidence against Jodi, but there is an extraordinary reason behind every single item. What exactly is easier to believe? Direct and circumstantial evidence is telling a very clear story, or the universe is conspiring against Jodi to make it look that way in nearly every way possible.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member