Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone doing about a "Verdict Watch Alert"? I can't find an app for my iPhone or for my MacBook Air. I don't relish being tethered to HLN for days on end, either. Any ideas? :please: :please: :please:

I re-watched the LE interrogations over that long Easter weekend. JA said 3 times "...I would have worn gloves...", and then there was "I have a box of gloves". She was being very persistent about it, like repeating it would make that nasty palm print go away. Did she wear gloves but the one she was holding the knife in was torn off when she damaged her hand? Was that her left palm print? Too much sleuthing :scared:

How would she have explained the gloves to Travis? It was left.

Did anyone notice how Jodi held her hand to her face to pretend fake crying. when the gruesome autopsy photos were shown of Travis...yet she peaked out of her fake crying to look at the photos...out of the corner of her eye and then fake cry again...she took a moment to look at those photos...yet trying to pretend to the jury that she is so shocked by them....Busted

I really enjoy the feed when it slows down a bit.....sigh......I can read everything and keep up! But it's almost 1:00 am!!!!! Got critters to feed in the morning and I really can't miss the DT closing........it should be "interesting" to say the least, maybe they WILL pull a hoard of skate boarders wielding screw drivers out of their hat! :floorlaugh:
And, God willing, JM will be able to finish tomorrow when DT is done.
Have a wonderful evening, morning, afternoon, fellow sleuthers!
:offtobed:

Did anyone notice how Jodi held her hand to her face to pretend fake crying. when the gruesome autopsy photos were shown of Travis...yet she peaked out of her fake crying to look at the photos...out of the corner of her eye and then fake cry again...she took a moment to look at those photos...yet trying to pretend to the jury that she is so shocked by them....Bustied

And it was a Juanderful moment when the prosecutor drew the jurors' attention to that fact. I loved the red nose comment he made too! :floorlaugh:

I re-watched the LE interrogations over that long Easter weekend. JA said 3 times "...I would have worn gloves...", and then there was "I have a box of gloves". She was being very persistent about it, like repeating it would make that nasty palm print go away. Did she wear gloves but the one she was holding the knife in was torn off when she damaged her hand? Was that her left palm print? Too much sleuthing :scared:

I have always thought the same thing....she did wear gloves but it got a hole in it while stabbing him and she didn't put new ones on in time.

OK…so the bedding was in the dryer. But, if she had bloody hands (in the desert) why is there no blood on the bedding?

Now it seems it is likely that the camera in the washer was NOT an accident, but it really was to wash her DNA off the camera.

</snip>

Jodi testified that the bedding was washed shortly after the first sex (I think she said something along the lines of "Travis always washed the sheets after sex"), which was after they woke up at 1pm.

So at any point from then until just prior to the murder Travis or Jodi would/could have placed the bedding in the dryer. At least it seems likely to have occurred that way since there was no blood evidence on the bedding.

The camera in the washer was found with the bloodied towel, so either could have been wrapped up in that, or placed in the washer deliberately. I don't think it matters all that much. Though it has boggled my mind trying to work that one out.

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas. Nurmi is going to say she probably, by mistake, went to a different one to return the gas can. After all, they all look alike.

Salinas Walmart Supercenter Store #5751

1375 N Davis Rd. Salinas, CA 93907 Phone: (831) 998-9080

Salinas Walmart Supercenter Store #2458

1800 N Main, Salinas, CA 93906 Phone: (831) 751-0231

You know Juan checked them all waiting for that lie.

Do we know for sure that Jodi brought the CDs? Sure she said she did. But I'm not really considering that premeditation since idk if she made that up. I think there's enough premeditation to get a conviction but there seems to be a bunch of hype around the CDs right now.

But it is very important when you can prove premeditation, from something out of the suspects own testimony. Think of it this way-- The defense is going to say that the gun is open to reasonable doubt, maybe it was Travis's, as there is no solid evidence. Same with the gas cans, as some women have said, they too put extra gas in their trunks if alone on a road trip, as a precaution. So on and on, the DT will try and eliminate these factors, as unreliable.

So if you can get some of the premeditation factors, coming out of the suspects own testimony, BINGO. What can the DT say? Our client was lying, don't listen to her...

Maybe Nurmi can use JM's words to free JA, it wasn't her fault, it was everyone else's LOL

Juan really singles ALV out in the final part of his narrative before he gets onto jury instructions at the end ..

'We can talk for example about ALV .. one of the things that ALV has, and she has an extensive CV or Resume, and one of the things that she hasn't included on there is she is also a liar!'

He really hates her I truly believe Juan HATES ALV .. then he does an impersonation of her voice ..

:floorlaugh:

http://youtu.be/1XJsW-_hmFY?t=1h4m42s

I really do believe that ALV has been charged with perjury. The defense didn't jump to object any of the times Juan called her out on being a LIAR. To me, that is telling. Also, Juan doesn't take kindly to lying. Thirdly, Alyce got a whoppin' so I hear while in chambers being questioned by Juan. I doubt Alyce with her pseudo freudian glasses and tweetie bird hairdo will be testifying in more trials anytime soon.

She just likes to be in the light so she can try to cast a REALLY BIG shadow, but ends up makin' stink all over the place instead.

I love Juan. He knows his *advertiser censored*.

It seems to me like Nurmi has an impossible job to do now.
All he has left to do is argue about lies.

I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot about wooden spoons and spidey underwear. Oh, and another 2 hour lesson about the Mormon faith.

Lordy help us!

MOO

Mel

I really do believe that ALV has been charged with perjury. The defense didn't jump to object any of the times Juan called her out on being a LIAR. To me, that is telling.

I love Juan. He knows his *advertiser censored*.

I agree. The last we heard of ALV was when Judge Sherry said she didn't want to hear about her personal issues. Then she vanished and never returned!

Telling right there!

MOO

Mel

Do we know for sure that Jodi brought the CDs? Sure she said she did. But I'm not really considering that premeditation since idk if she made that up. I think there's enough premeditation to get a conviction but there seems to be a bunch of hype around the CDs right now.

Whether she really brought them is not relevant. What matters is just the fact that in her lying mind it made sense to even pretend she did to give a cover story in case LE found any evidence of her being in the office the day of the murder. To cover her tracks she used a lie that she brought them not realizing that if she had really brought them it was more proof she planned all along to go to Mesa. That is why JM pointed out the pics were only interesting to JA and TA cuz who brings pics of your ex to share with your new boyfriend.

I agree. The last we heard of ALV was when Judge Sherry said she didn't want to hear about her personal issues. Then she vanished and never returned!

Telling right there!

MOO

Mel

One of our loyal WSers saw ALV approach and contact one of Travis' sisters, and took action, telling the sister that was a violation of the Victims' Bill of Rights. The sister then went to one of the court security people about it. I believe this happened the day before ALV was told she was to be in court for a meeting with the judge.

How would she have explained the gloves to Travis? It was left.

Oh man, you caught me just as I was going to shut down! IDK, maybe she got him in the chest and as he staggered to the sink, she slipped them on. It's just incredibly weird, no fingerprints, palm prints ANYWHERE, except that one place in the hall. Not anywhere near the shower, the sink, walls, or anywhere else in the house. She obviously had the knife close by, she could have had latex gloves in her pocket. Could she have been wearing a hoodie to help speed up the cleaning process as far as blood on her person? One with front pockets for the knife and the gloves, and possibly the gun?
It has me stumped. Nothing, but that one print, with the mix of TA and JA's blood, just how strange is that? It's like the camera, it goes through the wash cycle with bleach, but the deleted photos are retrieved. Something or someone, beyond us, had a hand in this. I'm not religious, but I am spiritual...it really does blow my mind!

But it is very important when you can prove premeditation, from something out of the suspects own testimony. Think of it this way-- The defense is going to say that the gun is open to reasonable doubt, maybe it was Travis's, as there is no solid evidence. Same with the gas cans, as some women have said, they too put extra gas in their trunks if alone on a road trip, as a precaution. So on and on, the DT will try and eliminate these factors, as unreliable.

So if you can get some of the premeditation factors, coming out of the suspects own testimony, BINGO. What can the DT say? Our client was lying, don't listen to her...

Interestingly, AFAICR, the CDs were never submitted into evidence either. I have a feeling the CDs existed, but of course I don't know... But if they did, Jodi once again had the wherewithal to gather incriminating evidence (from another room no less) before leaving. www-no-fog-dotcom.

She obviously didn't know what her story was going to be at that stage and thought it best to get those as well. Turns out, that these would have helped her, in a way - especially if they were damaged in any way from being thrown against the wall.

I also wanted to ask if anyone noticed the 2 white cars- one in the driveway and one in the garage. I wondered if Jodi preferred the 'white' rental car as it was less conspicuous to the neighbors. Then in addition to this, she takes off the rear license plate while the car is in the driveway and reattaches it after the murder- either on purpose upside down or in a panic upside down. Wasn't sure on this one. I just really thought the rental car agency offered her white and that is what she really would have chosen as it would have appeared to fit in with the cars at Travis' house. ??? IDK???

Yes, I heard it was the same car and color as the roommate who was out for a couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213