Closing arguments- thread #174

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest. IF I were on this jury, that one lie about the gas can would make me tune out to this closing. The Defense lawyer cannot be trusted, he lied.

Period!
fran

Exactly Fran. Which is why I think Nurmi was the one who is doing the closing. Jennifer has already lied to the jury on numerous occasions so they had to bring in a attorney who still had a little bit more credibly with the jury.

Darn it all. I'm watching without the.

Why oh why is Wilmott wearing red?
Why is Nurmi invading jurors personal space? Is he gonna jump on their laps and ask for a hug?

Jodi wanted to usher Travis into "her eternity" after she was the last one to have sex with him, he would never have another woman or take that other woman to Cancun...or "Go off and marry a gold-digger" like his blog post said. (not actually do that but Jodi knew she was done for by that blog post, too) ....knife...axe-murderer...condition of Travis' dead body. Yeah, Jodi the axe murderer.

Just got back - couldn't listen to Nurmi in the car - no distractions but have I missed anything of significance? TIA

Nurmi, she had no intention of anyone every see those pictures. The master photographer thought she had deleted them for good. No one told her that LE has ways of getting deleted photos out of cameras that have been deleted and put through the wash cycle with bleach.

I have always wondered if she emailed those pics to herself before deleting them....trophy pics.

I think Mark Geragos used a similar argument in the Scott Peterson trial. I think its a standard "liar but not a murderer" defense strategy.

Another common defense technique.

Point out that there was a better, or more optimum, way of doing something. Therefore the defendant is innocent because she didn't choose that option.

"Why would she not just throw the Walmart receipt in the trash if she was on a covert mission?"

"Why didn't she just shoot Travis while he was sleeping?"

Dear Mr White Shirt Man,

I don't know who you are but you really are in the wrong spot to fall asleep without anyone noticing.

*calling bailiff anytime soon*

Attachments

• whiteshirtman.gif
    whiteshirtman.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 83
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m
Nurmi keeps asking why would #JodiArias let Travis take pics of her if she was going to kill him? It doesn't make any sense he says.
Expand
Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 5m
The difference between #JodiArias closing arguments... Defense talking about what JA DIDN'T do... Prosecution talking about what she DID do!

doesn't it look like Jodi's thinking, "Gosh Jodi, why didn't you plan the murder like that?"

Who is the woman sitting next to her and why is that woman sitting next to JA?

That's JA's mitigation spec ...

JMO but it is ALL FOR SHOW having JW and the mitigation lady sitting next to JA ... it's so obvious ...

:moo:

Those pictures of her lying naked with the braids are not from 6-3 her hair color is too light!

Looks a lot more like the color in the picture with her sister and her and the dog pic, huh?

Do ya'll think he's going to go on all day like JM did? I can NOT imagine the jury or me being able to listen to this for 5 more hours!

Im thinking she still could with all her note taking
It's possible that we could see her address the DV, PTSD vs. BPD aspects of their argument. Nurmi is first chair and handled Jodi's direct testimony and most of the LE-related crosses, plus several of Travis's friends. It could also be that Willmott is the better note-taker and/or she simply likes to write everything down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member