Closing arguments- thread #175

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
" Somebody was not going to make it out of there alive."

Is it really helpful for Nurmi to state it like that? I think that statement fell flat for the jury. Are they really going to believe that seconds after that shower picture, he was in a MURDEROUS RAGE, and over a dropped camera?

The most she ever had before in terms of injuries, was a [ ahem] broken finger from a kick to her. Why would she believe she needed to shoot him in the head this time?

I hope Juan comes back at sometime during his final closing to address the "it doesn't make sense" and "wouldn't she have come up with a better story than this?" by countering with "well if criminals were that smart we wouldn't have to build jails." I mean DUH.

Or perhaps if Jodi had time and another opportunity she could do better with her next senario ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well..if i were on the jury.....i wouldn't put someone to death because she had gas cans on a road trip...her hair looked brown to me earlier in may...and why would she show up at his house and have sex and leave all the dna if she really planned all of this......i know you all hate her and i do too..but i think i would have to have more proof to kill someone with a needle. If we don't know for sure there is doubt. And i do have doubt of what happened that day.

The jury isn't deciding if they should put her to death or not right now.
This is the guilt phase of the trial ... and once again premeditation can be formed in a second.

well..if i were on the jury.....i wouldn't put someone to death because she had gas cans on a road trip...her hair looked brown to me earlier in may...and why would she show up at his house and have sex and leave all the dna if she really planned all of this......i know you all hate her and i do too..but i think i would have to have more proof to kill someone with a needle. If we don't know for sure there is doubt. And i do have doubt of what happened that day.
Here's something to think about...

She killed him 3 times

I'm not sure about premeditation any more.....what ever happened there was because of something that happened at the moment....not sure what it was..because jodi has no memory.....but something happened that caused all this...i guess we will never know....but i don't think this was premeditated.

im surprised by this response.

every bit of evidence presented shows premeditation. there is logically absolutely nothing that says otherwise...........unless one is to believe the words out of her mouth such as she has no memory or that ninjas did it.

i am not one of those people.....

ETA. id suggest reading THIS POST Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Closing arguments- thread #176 on the new thread....

I'm not sure about premeditation any more.....what ever happened there was because of something that happened at the moment....not sure what it was..because jodi has no memory.....but something happened that caused all this...i guess we will never know....but i don't think this was premeditated.

Remain calm friend. Premeditation does not have to be , although I believe it was, the long plan since the end of May. The premeditation can take place in the amount of time it took to grab the gun, grab the knife, pull the trigger, stab the knife in him, stab him for the second time, decide to attack him rather than run away after the first blow, at ANY time during the entire ordeal, the minute it took to reflect. The premeditation can be formed in the twinkling of an eye. Jodi, by her own account, thought many times, if you buy her story. She thought about the gun, she remembered the time before when she tried to run out of the room, so this time she DECIDED to run into the closet, she climbed up to get the gun, she thought the gun was unloaded, but THOUGHT she would scare him with it...I could go on and on, but even if you buy her story....there are ten thousand times in it, she had enough time, legally, to reflect.

Juan Martinez is going to help the jury be VERY clear on that in the jury instructions. It is not at all what I once thought it meant, a long plan. When I served on a jury and I learned how quickly, within the time it takes to pull the trigger, premeditation could be found, I was astonished.

Juan Martinez has been explaining this standard to hundreds, thousands of juries, for twenty five years now. Don't worry friend, there may be fog right now, but Juan Martinez is going to make the sky blue again!!!

Just wait till he gets back up again. Hell hath no fury like Juan Martinez walking toward the jury, the fog in the distance, bright light of truth shining through. Picture it!!!!! I can. He is gonna make you proud.

http://youtu.be/iYnKsdK50c0

well, my dog (seen above waving to Jodi) got restless so I took her for a walk. I stepped on a loose stone, fell and now I can do nothing but sit with ice on my knee and wrist and watch the trial. And try to post with the wrong hand.

Hope you feel better soon.
Sending prayers to you.

So....I gots me a hot date tonight. He's picking me up at 6:30 (4:30 AZ time). Should i tell him to pick me up a little later?? I really don't want to miss Juan!

(And yes, I realize how pathetic that sounds....)

Remember the jury instruction, Kate, premeditation could happen the second she slashed his throat. If the GSW had killed him immediately, then no. If the knife wound to the heart had killed him, then no. But whatever happened Travis was alive and fighting for his life all the way down the hallway. Jodi premeditated killing him as soon as she struck the second blow.

New thread... lets move over and get situated before they return from lunch...this thread is now closed...

Closing arguments- thread #176 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

s239_zps2db852d8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members