Closing arguments- thread #175

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about premeditation any more.....what ever happened there was because of something that happened at the moment....not sure what it was..because jodi has no memory.....but something happened that caused all this...i guess we will never know....but i don't think this was premeditated.

How do you account for the fact that she went so far out of her way to lie about the gas cans?

It took me a while to get the whole picture of premed, but once I saw it altogether it clicked.

If the gas cans weren't to hide her whereabouts, why did she have them? She spent $13 on the can which is more than she would have saved buying gas out of state...and then buys it in Ca anyway.

If they weren't nefarious there would be no reason to lie about them. I've seen the video showing that she did in fact say she returned it to THAT Walmart.

I'm not sure about premeditation any more.....what ever happened there was because of something that happened at the moment....not sure what it was..because jodi has no memory.....but something happened that caused all this...i guess we will never know....but i don't think this was premeditated.

You are, of course, allowed your opinion. But if you listened to Juan, and have listened to the whole trial, I don't know how you came to that decision. Car, gas cans, hair,phone off the grid, CDs, timing, break in at GP's, gun stolen, timing to get TA in vulnerable position in shower,etc., etc.,etc.

JW looked shocked when Nurmi said the 9 out of 10 deal. Worried actually. I guess she really didn't know he was going to say that by the look on her face.

I can't explain premeditation anymore. All that matters is that the jurors understand and vote for a murder one verdict.

OMFG I know! It's such a crazy thing to think that premeditation means an organized plan over weeks or days..

I hope anyone who doesn't understand is not on the jury. THE CHANGE OF WEAPONS IS PREMEDITATION. THE DECISION TO SLIT HIS THROAT, THE ABSOLUTE KILLSHOT IS PREMEDITATION.

Geez Louise already ffs. :banghead:

Good observation from atty. Jeff Gold re JA laughing. When Nurmi said: "9 out of ten days I don't like Jodi"...Jodi started laughing. Gold equated this to 'abuse' and pointed out how JA seemed to enjoy it....adding that they have been together for about 5 years now.

That remark will down down in history right next to 14k a$$hole comment Garagos made about Scott Peterson .,..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't explain premeditation anymore. All that matters is that the jurors understand and vote for a murder one verdict.

I don't understand.

If there was no premeditation, maybe there was no murder.

If there was no murder, maybe there is really no Jodi Arias.

If there is no Jodi, what are we all doing here?

Really? I'd be interested in reading your explanation for the gas cans, the dyed hair, the avoidance of being tracked anywhere in Arizona, etc.

TIA!

well..if i were on the jury.....i wouldn't put someone to death because she had gas cans on a road trip...her hair looked brown to me earlier in may...and why would she show up at his house and have sex and leave all the dna if she really planned all of this......i know you all hate her and i do too..but i think i would have to have more proof to kill someone with a needle. If we don't know for sure there is doubt. And i do have doubt of what happened that day.

I am sitting here thinking I would not want to be anyone on that defense team with the bad karma swirling around them that they are inviting into their lives.

I am a firm believer that karma, in some form, exists. It is not like they are truly defending a down-trodden victim of the system because of their staunch beliefs in justice. It is their stauch belief in the almighty dollar.

Kinda goes with the law of attraction, right?

I agree

Look at where OJ's attorneys are now....

What's ridiculous about KN's suggestion is that between JA and her attorneys, they came up with the best possible lie for her situation and that is for her to stay silent about it and only say she can't remember anything after the shooting to avoid having to explain the inexplicable. Can you imagine the jury questions regarding why she didn't just run out of the house after she shot him in the head? She'd also have to give details of the stabbing that don't match up to the evidence at the murder scene. The safest bet was to feign memory loss of the stabbing and keep repeating, "I don't remember."

It was also ridiculous for KN to suggest that if JA really wanted to ruin TA's reputation, she would have told the world during her TV interviews that he was a pedophile, abuser, and so on. I guess he's counting on the jury forgetting that those interviews were given during the time when JA was still trying to sell the "TA was wonderful / Ninja story."

JA's only hope is that her make-believe memory loss rubs off on the jury and wishful thinking, on her part, is not going to make that happen.

There hasn't been anything in KN's closing argument that he hasn't said before. Garbage in, garbage out. Can't wait for the jury to get this so JA is out of the spotlight and in her animal cage until she's gone for good.

Ok, this is what I would be thinking if I were a juror: Okay so now Nurmi is lying to me too? I know they know it's his job, but he was speaking directly to them like it's the truth, so what else r they supposed to think?

And I also keep thinking back to Juan's "they want you to think up is down and down is up."

Oh great at the same time I'm writing this, Jean C is saying the male jurors seemed to be connecting with Nurmi when he was talking about "this doesn't make sense" with regard to premeditation. She always gets me worried!!

Interesting take. If I could get past the staged burglary to get the gun, renting the car out of town, dyeing her hair, borrowing gas cans, buying a gas can, taking the battery out of her phone, and setting up the alibi with Ryan then, sure, I could get past the idea of premeditation. No wait, I can't.

I hope Juan comes back at sometime during his final closing to address the "it doesn't make sense" and "wouldn't she have come up with a better story than this?" by countering with "well if criminals were that smart we wouldn't have to build jails." I mean DUH.

Oh dear God! As if all of the stabbings alone weren't overkill, WHHHHY is this trial continuing? I feel very sorry for the jury. The time out of their lives for this has been too much. If the attorneys are so insecure about their own presentation of the "facts" after all this time that they have to keep prolonging this trial, then they are a big failure and this trial is a joke. Unbelievable. I thought that today the defense would give their closing arguments, the prosecution would have a brief response and then off to the jury it would go........no such luck. Very sad for the victims family for the jurors, and for the family of Jodi as well.....a long drawn out trial that should have been done long ago.

Premeditated in the legal sense means time to reflect. It can be a very short period of time; it only takes seconds to reflect. Thus switching weapons from a gun to a knife is enough time to be considered premeditated. Likewise, the purposeful action pursuing Travis down a 12 foot hallway and slicing his throat from ear to ear is premeditated.

Still unsure about premeditation?

Or "tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies..."
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
can't remember the name of the song

Me either, but it was by the Eurythmics I think. Couldn't find it but I found this one though:

[video=youtube;Uhpu2N4rQZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhpu2N4rQZM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member