Closing arguments- thread #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get any clarity of how the murder happened?

Not me. He explained NOTHING. He brought up things but explained nothing.

Sex, sex, sex, chaos, sex, disgusting bad Travis, sex pedophilia, doesn't make sense.

That is all I heard. There was nothing to explain the most important part. WHAT HAPPENED?

Nope, all he's trying to do is show the jury TA deserved this I guess. :banghead:

I'm on HLN at the moment and a bit behind. I'm happy because this ending is so incredibly offensive to any decent person.

I hope it is a good omen that Travis was an overwhelming presence to me when I awoke this morning. And I only mention it because I have never had an experience like this while following a case. Not Caylee, or Hailey Dunn, or Lacey Peterson, or the many others over the years.

#1. I wasn't there. Didn't do it.
#2. I was there but 2 horrible monsters did it.
#3. Self defense dontcha know?
#4. Ummm can we have a super deluxe combo? Self defense AND heat of passion. Thank you.

Oh, she's fixin' to snap all right. Right up into Nurmi's ineffective closing argument that makes him sound like he's working for the prosecutor's office.

Does Nurmi know he's on the DT?

That was my thought are you siding for the prosecution. That was a terrible closing. And changing their defense. I don't believe the jury is buying this.

I hope nobody is far from their computer or television after the jury starts to deliberate because I don't think they will be there long.

I liked how he uses that she's friends with her ex boyfriends....like they had a choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan HAS to explain why she waited to kill him, she waited because she wanted to have sex with him to shame him and he couldn't repent before he died and she waited to kill him with the knife so he would SUFFER, she wanted him to suffer like she thought he made her suffer.

I lived through it. I survived Nurmi's Closing Argument. I want my free tee shirt.

Somebody make this t-shirt & sell it for us on Zazzle!! I'll buy 3!!!!

"I survived Nurmi's Closing Argument & all i got was this T-Shirt...

But his client got the death penalty!"

My husband just angrily commented "Nurmi should be a prosecutor. He just prosecuted Travis."

Except prosecutors have to take on people who can actually defend themselves. Nurmi can only attack people who are already dead.

what scares me most?? Is, is this horrible badly formulated and delivered closing grounds for ineffective counsel and an appeal?

I doubt it. And most anyone will try "ineffective counsel" when they run out of other options.

Micheal Skakel was having an ineffective counsel appeal heard last week. And he had Mickey Sherman, a media ho but not a slouch. Skakel claims (11 years after the trial and countless appeals later) Sherman only wanted the media attention and money so he didn't do a good enough job.

And just because someone appeals (and you can count on appeals from Jodi, no matter how this trial was handled) doesn't mean they win.

Watching Juan now, is like drinking a glass of wine, or for you non-drinkers out there..a glass of warm milk or hot-coco... just soothes the nerves after watching Nurmi :)

So was it overnite that they changed their mind and dropped self defense to go with heat of passion ?
No, no, not overnight. They changed the defense when the took ALV off the mitigation witness list. grrrrrrr

Nurmi made JA out to be genius level capable of mastermind level planning. Instead of her being smarter than your average bear who accidentally got caught and made a ton of mistakes because she is not that bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori