CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session “The State gets the last word, if they want. They don’t have to have a rebuttal, if they think their case is so great . . . they go last because they have the burden of proof . . . I just ask you to do one thing: growing up as a kid, I never got the last word in with my mother, never! But think what our response would be to their rebuttal . . . what would Lopez and the others say? That’s deliberations. You’re going to go back, and then you can start your deliberations. You don’t have to come back at 5:00. You can come back whenever you want to . . . but when you go back there, I want you to think of that, how that lawyer [Harry Smith] laughed in this courtroom. Think about that!” That ends the defense summation.

WOW. Lopez sure does SOUND defensive. That tone alone speaks of how weak the defense really is. I am disappointed in them. I thought that they would give us a real fight.
The Prosecution closing was MUCH better than I expected. It exceeded my expectations...smooth, compelling and strong.
The defense was angry and disjointed ....they had a couple of points in there, but not enough if you use your noggin'

The jury is now gone. The judge announces that he extended the time for each side’s closings from one hour, forty-five minutes to two hours, fifteen minutes. The defense took two hours, twenty minutes. So the State has one hour, five minutes
.”

The judge leaves the bench. The trial is in a brief recess.​

Those last two are reversed.......if someone else would like to take over that is fine.....my computer has sputtered on me and WS won't let me post as quickly as I need to.......but I will continue if you like. It is my pleasure

Your doing great, WindyCityGirl, and I very much appreciate it!

wow what a bunch of pigs that defense team are....how they put women down, and try to intimidate the jury...I'm not happy and if I were a juror...I would have some words for that DT after the verdict is read.

If he brought them home and washed them(whatever them are, cause we were never told)then he is completely stupid.

imo it would be more stupid to throw out clothes that had Kathleen's blood and DP's dna on them. Kinda hard to explain that if they're found - how'd the dna and blood end up on the same clothes, why were the clothes disposed of......

Bringing SP back in the mix is not a good move, Lopez. Sooo, SP tried to milk DP for more money but then has a change of heart, takes "25k" and figures that is more than enough for me?

PLEASE! If she wanted to milk him for more dough, she would have got more than 25K and she never would have ran off as is what has been reported. Of course, we know she did not run off.

n Session “Stacy wanted to squeeze money out of Drew by spreading a rumor, or a campaign of rumors . . . when that all failed, she came up with, ‘Oh, I’ve got something on the Bolingbrook Police Department.’ Campaign of rumors, campaign of lies. Let’s twist it to make it a homicide. We don’t do that in America . . . put someone in a target and do everything they can to get him. You don’t have to like him. You can hate him. You have to like America . . . the Framers of the Constitution would barf at this evidence! There’s nothing but doubt in this case. Mary Parks completely contradicts Kristin Anderson . . . people get on the TV and lie, just like they do in this courtroom . . . people lie when it’s for their own agenda . . . it doesn’t matter what was said to poor Rev. Schori, who had to bring a chaperone . . . because if it’s not a homicide, it doesn’t matter . . .we suggest to you that it’s not credible.”

BBM:

Classy, classy guy.

wow what a bunch of pigs that defense team are....how they put women down, and try to intimidate the jury...I'm not happy and if I were a juror...I would have some words for that DT after the verdict is read.

I wonder if the jury is as sick of hearing Lopez go on and on as I am?

I am sick of hearing their spin. I am, however, dying to hear what Glasgow is going to say!

MOO

imo it would be more stupid to throw out clothes that had Kathleen's blood and DP's dna on them. Kinda hard to explain that if they're found - how'd the dna and blood end up on the same clothes, why were the clothes disposed of......

They could have been disposed of where they would not be found or seen. Why would he throw them away where others could see them?

The jury is now gone. The judge announces that he extended the time for each side’s closings from one hour, forty-five minutes to two hours, fifteen minutes. The defense took two hours, twenty minutes. So the State has one hour, five minutes

The judge leaves the bench. The trial is in a brief recess.​

Thank God Lopez is done.​

There is one point I have to give the Defence. If anyone has more info I would appreciate it. It does disturb me Kathleen's Sister kept the briefcase so long and never looked in it. The only sensible reason i can come up with and not based on any fact was the Family felt defeated. DP had won. Case was deemed accidental. Who would really help other than somebody like Greta. Perhaps they even feared what DP may do to them?

I still think DP will walk.

I don't think I would be able to find someone guilty based on hearsay.

So if the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict, I will not be mad.

going by the law, I would have to find him not guilty.

JMO

Happy dance?

Why do I keep hearing Jean C on IS say there were no objections during the PT closing this morning?????

I have heard several things from her that were not factual, and not just involving this case....................other cases too.

In Session “They can’t even tell you when she suffered these injuries . . . the science ain’t there! Dr. DiMaio is a renowned expert from around the world; he worked for the U.N. Think they just pulled up some quack to do that? Absolutely not!”

BBM

lol. Quack quack quack!!!
I'm with Vinnie.

I still think DP will walk.

I don't think I would be able to find someone guilty based on hearsay.

So if the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict, I will not be mad.

going by the law, I would have to find him not guilty.
JMO

:seeya:

1st BBM: I hope NOT ! But after the CA and OJ trials, honestly, nothing would surprise me ...

2nd BBM: While I understand what you are saying regarding the "hearsay", the Prosecution was severely limited as to what they could bring into evidence by this judge ... and add to that the defense's outrageous number of objections and number of sidebars ... the trial was a "joke" IMO ...

3rd BBM: While I understand what you are saying about "going by the law", but IF I were on the jury, I would vote GUILTY !

And the main reason being : Stacy Peterson who is still MISSING.

There is just no way I could put this aside ... I know I know :innocent: ... I would not make a good juror ... :innocent: But it is "common sense" to ask the question : WHY wasn't Stacy Peterson there to testify at the trial ?

The fact that DP's 4th wife is "missing" and DP's 3rd wife "allegedly drowned in her bathtub" is NOT a "coincidence" ...

One wife, maybe ... Two wives ... NO way !

:moo:

There is one point I have to give the Defence. If anyone has more info I would appreciate it. It does disturb me Kathleen's Sister kept the briefcase so long and never looked in it. The only sensible reason i can come up with and not based on any fact was the Family felt defeated. DP had won. Case was deemed accidental. Who would really help other than somebody like Greta. Perhaps they even feared what DP may do to them?

BBM:

This. IMO

Happy dance?

No happy dances.....but if he gets off on these charges and more comes down the pipe for SP, I wouldn't be surprised to see a JP repeat of some kind....

They could have been disposed of where they would not be found or seen. Why would he throw them away where others could see them?

But it was the middle of the night in a small sleepy neighborhood. Where is he supposed to go and dispose of the bloody evidence without being seen by someone he know? He cannot get caught being out at 3 am or he is done for.

The safest thing was for him to go home and throw the clothes in the wash, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3