CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it correct that the jury will not start deliberations until tomorrow? My daughter just told me.

I'm without internet, so came to my local McD's to get web access to catch the closing.

I read the pros. closing. Very Strong! Very stong and very clear. I like that they actually pointed out what happened the day she was found and what DrewP did not do (that as a police officer you would have thought he would have done)

I didn't read all of the defense closing. Had trouble with the "you the jury are important people" love God and country and you can't find this man guilty argument.

Ok, prayer time:

I pray for wisdom, faith and common sense for the jury. I pray for resolution. And I pray for some resolution for Kathleen's family. And most of all I pray for Kathleen's soul. May she get better in Heaven than she got here on earth.

Judge B has sent the jury home saying he did not anticipate the closings going that long. He instructed the jury to be back in the morning for instructions.

Oh, man! I wanted the jury to start deliberations with Koch and Glasgows words ringing in their ears.

I am disappointed. I wonder if the jury had any input in this decision? They could have at least started the deliberations by taking a quick vote around the table to see where everyone stood.

IDK, may be better to start fresh in the morning.

ETA: Just how long would it take for the judge to give jury instructions?

It would be nice if they returned a verdict tonight...for I have an all day testing at a hospital tomorrow and won't be home until 1 am. So I'll miss the verdict probably.

Take care, Lera213, and let us know how you are.

:blowkiss:

I identify with you, Lera213, as far as the bolded. LOL.

I just cannot stay away from this case and do not want to miss a minute of it. I want DP to go down for Kathleen's murder so badly. DP is the epitome of a bad cop. My late husband was retired LE and ironically was night commander of the 3rd largest city in Louisiana. I know a bad cop when I see one. I think I even know a murderer when I see and hear one. The bad cops are the very reason a lot of people either hate or do not like cops. The good ones are the best guys, husbands, and fathers in the world. I was so lucky to have such a good one for a husband and a father to our children.

I honestly hope DP is never in the free world again and that his children can heal. I wish the very best for them and Kathleen Savio's family!

*end of rant.

Great post! I've followed this case since it first hit the news when Stacy becaming missing and I so hope and pray that Drew Peterson is found guilty of this murder and that he is also charged with Stacy's murder. I lost a lot of faith in the justice system after that last horrific verdict and I'm not sure how I will be if there is a "Not guilty" verdict in this one.

Well, dang. I didn't expect that the judge wouldn't want to give instructions. It's not even 5:00 yet!

Well, dang. I didn't expect that the judge wouldn't want to give instructions. It's not even 5:00 yet!

This is the laziest judge I have ever seen! He takes every easy out he can. I hope I never have to follow another trial where he is the judge.

I will watch and follow any trial for Stacy, but surely Burmila won't be the judge!

Judge B has sent the jury home saying he did not anticipate the closings going that long. He instructed the jury to be back in the morning for instructions.

:seeya: Thank You for this update !

So ... Jury Instructions will be read first thing tomorrow morning and IMO, there will be a verdict sometime tomorrow, probably afternoon ...

JMO ... but I am sure this jury wants to be done with this trial !

:moo::moo::moo:

I Pray for Justice for Kathleen,Stacy everyone affected by DP's actions. If he walks I know he will "prey" again on some naive young girl :jail: :please:

Sure hope they can start on time tomorrow :maddening:

So ... Jury Instructions will be read first thing tomorrow morning and IMO, there will be a verdict sometime tomorrow, probably afternoon ...

I would think this jury will come back with a verdict by weeks end. It could be by tomorrow but you never know. They have a very big case here.

In total agreement. I also expect a verdict tomorrow afternoon. I am still :fence: as to what that verdict will be. :please:

Great post! I've followed this case since it first hit the news when Stacy becaming missing and I so hope and pray that Drew Peterson is found guilty of this murder and that he is also charged with Stacy's murder. I lost a lot of faith in the justice system after that last horrific verdict and I'm not sure how I will be if there is a "Not guilty" verdict in this one.

Thanks, lonetraveler!

I'm telling you, I almost couldn't take that 'other' not guilty verdict. I would not even listen to the 'not guilty' when it was played over and over on TV. I just couldn't.

The justice system has definately changed and not for the better, IMO. I did not used to believe the change was because of the CSI effect, but I do now. It is unrealistic, and not as it is in RL, yet some people feel that LE can or should just run right in and solve the crime. It is not as easy as portrayed on TV.

DP honestly thought he could outsmart his fellow LE, and he almost did, IMO. He thought he had considered everything LE would look at and think. It almost worked. BUT, when you miss in horseshoes, almost is not good enough. It wasn't in this case either.

All we have now is hope and prayers that Kathleen Savio will have justice from this jury.

MOO's

LaLaw I totally understand the bad cop....he has done so much damage to the many many good cops out there. It only takes one bad apple to poison the lot. This is also why I'm more critical and want justice and hard justice. I'm pissed off that he is not doing hard time. Isolated not hardly, he is laughing it up and probably has a guard or two (bad seed again) bring in crap for him. I much rather see him in General population! Cop or no cop, what is that saying again? If you cannot do the time, don't do the crime and as a cop, even more so they know this statement therefore no protection from other prisoners (period) can you feel my anger over this scum? On a lighter side...I'm full of crap...literally...colonic inertia is killing me...I'm hoping that he is found guilty and just maybe this will help me release. LOL

I feel the same. Exactly don't do the crime especially if your in LE. And especially if your a bad cop you should be put in w/ all the other criminals, no excuse except your scared spitless what those other bad guys are gonna do to you. I think this thinking enables the bad cop to continue. They know there is ALWAYS another bad guy willing to help ease their time. imo

Can I petition to have drew serve his time in a women's prison?? well that's no good either, there is always a woman wanting to hook up w/ the bad guy, no matter how smarmy they are. I don't get it cause that kind of guy makes my skin crawl. mho

I keep thinking i need to stock up on provisions. For the Verdict. I'm just not sure what. Gravol? Pepto? Imodium? Liquor? Kleenex? Muzzle for screams? Hand restraints? Champagne for a toast? I know with the last verdict i didn't need anything. I walked around for days like somebody hit me with a 2 by 4. Took me a week to cry. Best i cover all bases.

Tonight the jury will have a chance to think over what they have heard today and put it together with they evidence they have seen over these past weeks. Give them a chance to solidify their opinion before they start to deliberate.

Anyone want to guess how DrewP will sleep tonight in solitary? He heard the prosecution closing too. How much second guessing will he be doing? "Yeah I guess I should have called somebody before I called the locksmith. And why didn't I pull my gun when I heard the scream?"

you guys can discuss away on the deliberations thread

btw... has the jury gotten the case yet???

(Hi, bee! :seeya: I hope this response isn't the 5th one you've gotten...)

Closing arguments are done -- now awaiting instructions to the jury, so we're close!

n Session The sidebar ends. “Again, these are the people in the circle of trust. The hearsay instruction; basically it says the statement rests upon the credibility of the person who said it. The two most trusted people in the world you would have expected her to tell, she didn’t do it . . . that raises credibility right there . . . it’s an accident. This bath tub’s a hard surface; it’s not a marshmallow. Anna Doman says, ‘My sister told me a hundred and fifty million times her husband was going to kill her.’ So what does she do? She invites him over to the luncheon after the funeral. Does that make any sense? . . . isn’t that ridiculous? Preposterous? Does that make any sense to anyone? . . . she didn’t say one word, not one word . . . not one word! . . . not one word about any of this. She didn’t even know the specifics of the divorce. ‘Promise to take care of my boys’ . . . she didn’t do anything for those boys. Remember the brief case? According to her, Kathy said it would tell the world what happened to her. What does she do with it? She puts it in the garage, where it collects dust . . . you didn’t see one document out of that briefcase. It was empty! Susan Doman, she got the movie contract. She has a movie and a book in the works, pending the end of the trial . . . she gets to have the final say in this movie, and she gives the producers the right to make it more colorful. Well, you know what? It’s not going to be colorful, because the darn briefcase is empty! It’s got to be a juicy story. And an accident is not a juicy story. The only movies they make about accidents are airplane movies, or train movies . . . not about someone who slips and falls in a bath tub.”

I'm obviously way behind again. BBM. Really, Lopez is digging himself in deeper and deeper. Of course Kathleens family would invite her childrens father..

The Savio's wanted to show support for Kathleen's sons loss. For Lopez to suggest such is preposterous shows he really hasn't a clue. Maybe the DT is gutter diving. IDK, but the comments coming from Lopez are really bottom diving.

LOL the fact that the PT didn't mention the blue towel themselves was a smart calculated move. PT allowed the DT to bring that tidbit up, PT didn't have to, cause the DT did it for them. LMAO...what clowns those defense attorney's are.

I wouldn't hire them for a traffic ticket. I hope their biz goes down in the sewer after this case.

Agreed, Lera -- I hope there will be a really good reason their biz goes into the ker-rapper!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member