GUILTY CO - 5 Dead/18 Injured in Shooting at Club Q, Colorado Springs, Nov 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish this thread was getting more attention, I think CoS use to be the cleanest, safest place in the country (early 2000s) with so many wonderful things to do. I feel for all those impacted by this senseless event and hope this perp finally gets his due.

We stop this by making sure offenders with arms length rap sheets do not see the light of day. So many red flags for this guy, should have never been sat free free making bombs and targeting houses.
As far as I know he didn’t actually make any bombs.

(Article June 18, 2021)

The Regional Explosives Unit cleared both homes and did not find any explosive devices.

He was booked into the El Paso County Jail on the following charges:
2 counts of Felony Menacing, and
3 counts of First-Degree Kidnapping.

As far as I know he didn’t actually make any bombs.

(Article June 18, 2021)

The Regional Explosives Unit cleared both homes and did not find any explosive devices.

He was booked into the El Paso County Jail on the following charges:
2 counts of Felony Menacing, and
3 counts of First-Degree Kidnapping.
Oh. And that is so much better???? If he were charged, sentenced and controlled,5 people would still be alive and I guarantee the bomb issue was real a the evacuated Sand Creek High School……he should be in prison

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California.

I wonder what caused him to be in need of a therapist specializing in trauma and PTSD.

1669001021692.png

["Unapologetic. This is who I am and you can adjust or not. That’s the kind of person he was, very strong and proud," Charter said of his friend, Daniel Davis Aston, who is among the victims of the deadly shooting.]

[“He was the happiest he had ever been,” said Sabrina Aston. “He was thriving and having fun and having friends. It’s just unbelievable. He had so much more life to give to us and to all to his friends and to himself.”

Despite crippling shock and grief that her youngest child was killed, the Astons said they wanted to speak out about what happened to their son to bring more “exposure and acceptance” about the transgender community.]

Press conference scheduled for 10 a.m. ET.

View attachment 381386

["Unapologetic. This is who I am and you can adjust or not. That’s the kind of person he was, very strong and proud," Charter said of his friend, Daniel Davis Aston, who is among the victims of the deadly shooting.]

[“He was the happiest he had ever been,” said Sabrina Aston. “He was thriving and having fun and having friends. It’s just unbelievable. He had so much more life to give to us and to all to his friends and to himself.”

Despite crippling shock and grief that her youngest child was killed, the Astons said they wanted to speak out about what happened to their son to bring more “exposure and acceptance” about the transgender community.]

Additionally from the above link:

“Denver7 spoke to another man, who didn't want to be identified, who is mourning the loss of a friend who was also bartending that night. That victim's name has not yet been released.

"He was friendly, loving. He got along with everybody. He was the resident bartender. Everyone knew him. Everyone loved him and he loved everybody," he said.”

—-

Eta:
(A side note, coincidentally and quite oddly I was just referencing both James Holmes, theater/Batman movie shooter, and Robert Dear, the Planned Parenthood teacher, earlier today in the University of Moscow, Idaho students thread...I hate to type the killers’ names and but had to in this/that instance because I was referring to them specifically.)

Last edited:
My experience with the Colorado legal system (mostly regarding DV) is that they will often plea bargain a first offense (even if it's serious) for a year of probation. If probation is successfully completed, the conviction is sealed. If it involved his mother, which it sounds like it did, that makes it domestic.
That's a little bit beyond simple DV though...

“People at a gay club in the US state of Colorado have been hailed as heroes for subduing a gunman and preventing a deadly shooting from being even worse. Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers said one patron grabbed the attacker's own gun and hit him with it during the shooting in Club Q on Saturday night. Another club-goer reportedly helped to keep the gunman pinned down until police arrived.”

- “Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez said the gunman began shooting as soon as he entered the nightclub.”

- “Police said the first call came in at 11:57 p.m. local time after which the first officer arrived three minutes later. The suspect was taken into custody at 12:02 a.m. MT.”

- Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez said the shooter carried an "AR style platform" long gun along with multiple magazines with ammunition. ‘That speaks to the preparation that he took for before entering that club,’ Vasquez told NPR's Rachel Martin on Morning Edition.”

Moo..is the shooter known to be anti..lgbtq? Does he have any sm? Are we for sure it was not about an ex or something?...moo

Moo..is the shooter known to be anti..lgbtq? Does he have any sm? Are we for sure it was not about an ex or something?...moo

It’s not just it is a gay nightclub - it’s the timing. Before a drag *show* and on the eve of Transgender Day of Remembrance. Even if you ignore the timing, LE said he started shooting immediately upon entry. “Immediately” suggests he wasn’t looking for anyone specific (unless his target was an employee working the front door) IMO. While I haven’t seen anything on motive, I’m inclined to believe the shooter targeted a specific demographic, not a specific person like an ex or a general target like a movie theater/grocery store.

"Joshua Thurman told CNN affiliate KOAA he was inside the club dancing when he heard gunshots and saw a muzzle flash.

“I thought it was the music, so I kept dancing,” he said. “Then I heard another set of shots, and then me and a customer ran to the dressing room, got on the ground and locked the doors and called the police immediately.”

Thurman said he heard the sounds of more gunshots, people crying and windows being shattered. When he came out, he saw bodies lying on the ground, broken glass and blood, he said.

The violence lasted just minutes. Police received numerous 911 calls starting at 11:56 p.m., officers were dispatched at 11:57 p.m., an officer arrived at midnight and the suspect was detained at 12:02 a.m., police said. A total of 39 patrol officers responded, police said, and Fire Department Captain Mike Smaldino said 11 ambulances went to the scene.

- “Investigators filed murder and hate crimes charges on Monday against the suspect accused of shooting up an L.G.B.T.Q. nightclub in Colorado Springs on Saturday night, killing five people.”

- “Colorado court records show that Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, was charged with five counts of murder and five counts of bias-motivated crime causing bodily injury. A Colorado judge granted prosecutors’ request to seal court records related to Mr. Aldrich’s arrest until the conclusion of the investigation.”

Murder Charges Filed in Colorado Springs Attack: Live Updates

Moo..just general curiousity, there a lots of gay bars just wondered why that bar? ..moo

1669052662512.png

[Ashley Paugh capped off a day trip in this city with a night of fun at the LGBTQ nightclub Club Q when a lone gunman opened fire, killing her and four others, her sister told NBC News in an exclusive interview.
"It just doesn't seem real," Clark said. "We're heartbroken. We're sad. We're mad, angry."

Paugh, who is not part of the LGBTQ community, spent Saturday in Colorado Springs with a female friend. They had driven up from La Junta, Colorado.]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM
Back