CO CO - Abby Blagg, 6, Grand Junction, 12 Nov 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this link works from the local newspaper article. It gives a clearer description of the day.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/blagg-back-seeks-new-trial/

I cant open the link without joining up - but thankyou for all the tweet reports. Great work.
What a debarcle this is!!

http://www.kjct8.com/home/headlines...Charlesworth takes the stand in Blagg hearing
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. Before questioning began on day two, Judge David Bottger warned Marilyn Charlesworth if the statements she makes while on the witness stand contradict what she said under oath years ago about her ex-husbands abusing her she could incriminate herself and face perjury charges. She refused to plead the fifth because she said she has nothing to hide.
-----
The hearing continues Wednesday morning when the final witness will take the stand.
It could be weeks before the judge makes his ruling on the motion.

May 21

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 5h

1 witness, Mcso investigator Jim Hebenstreit, and we're done #blagghearing

judge says he'll allow closing arguments in writing; due 2 weeks or so from today. Written ruling follows #blagghearing

My Blagg story from 8-11-13 was just admitted into evidence by the judge #blagghearing

Well, turns out we have 1 more after Jim's brief testimony. Don't know this person. Stand by ... #blagghearing

Dave Thomas, ex husband of Charlesworth's, just called #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 4h

We're done folks. Look for a ruling mid-June. Confident public defenders today. I'll get a new story up online. #blagghearing

Anyway, MB needs to stay behind bars forever!:jail:

I agree.
Thanks for the updates - been offline with 'puter problems - back now ;)

So he's going to get another trial.
This will be interesting.

Source: Blagg's team recently filed a motion for a retrial, claiming that one of the jurors who ultimately found him guilty, was biased.

Just watched the episode of “My Dirty Little Secret” on ID about this case. I can't believe he is getting a new trial, all because of some juror not being honest in jury selection (that is what I am inferring from the updates on here). How nauseating! This guy is the lowest of scum, and I am sure he will be found guilty again – I know a lot of the case is circumstantial, but it just seems beyond evident to me that all signs point to the husband being behind this horrendous crime. If anything, perhaps a new trial will give them a chance to find new evidence, clues, testimony, etc., that will help finally either find Abby or find out what actually happened to her.

This whole story is so heartbreaking. The husband seems like one of those "family annihilators"; a lot of the details in the case, at least, certainly paint him in the shape of one. Absolute worst of the worst. Anyway, whomever was keeping us updated with news about the motion for a retrial and all that: I hope you keep us informed about what is going on from here on out. Thanks for sharing the tweets and news and so forth!

Updated: Fri 10:32 PM, Jun 13, 2014
Michael Blagg's retrial grant adds possibility of posting bond
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.- Once convicted murderer, Michael Blagg, was granted a retrial this week and could be released while he awaits his new trial.

The idea of this guy being released on bond makes me want to puke. He should never see the outside of a jail cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone else is following the Baden-Clay case on WS which is now in the 'awaiting verdict' stage - after reading a bit more about this (Blegg) case and comparing it to that one - they are so similar, I am amazed. Right down to Jurors who just don't seem to understand their roles and responsibilities.
The BC case is not American - it is Australian - but in essence, the lies, the cover-ups, the sex addiction, the Police reporting, the voice when talking to Police, the tiny amount of blood in the car - so little evidence... but essentially and universally, husbands who kill their loved ones - and try and get away with it.

Im just appalled with both cases right now.

The headshake at 1 minute in and the taped phone call to 911....

30th June 2014

A re-trial?
He should stay where he's been for the past years.

[video=youtube;S2q49SWy8bQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2q49SWy8bQ[/video]

Well, he has been moved back to the Mesa County jail. This makes me sick and heartbroken. I read in the local paper a day or so ago that the DA is looking into charges for the juror that caused this. Anyway I do hope there is a re-trial , and a conviction.

KJCT8.com‏@KJCTNews8·39 mins
Michael Blagg was transported back into Mesa County, and he is currently residing in the Mesa County jail as he... http://fb.me/3KU1SmTRj

Well, he has been moved back to the Mesa County jail. This makes me sick and heartbroken. I read in the local paper a day or so ago that the DA is looking into charges for the juror that caused this. Anyway I do hope there is a re-trial , and a conviction.

KJCT8.com‏@KJCTNews8·39 mins
Michael Blagg was transported back into Mesa County, and he is currently residing in the Mesa County jail as he... http://fb.me/3KU1SmTRj

Thanks for the link Worry Wart.
Yep, there are many in agreement in that thread that agree MBlagg shouldn't be anywhere else but in jail.
If anything, I'm sure the Justice system can deal with a Jurer who lied on the questionnaire without him being released.
The retrial is going to cost many dollars.

Source 30th August 2014
The inquiry system states that he has open charges, and that he may have a hold or his bond has not been set yet.

Judge David Bottger granted Blagg a re-trial in June after a lengthy motions hearing.

He determined juror Marilyn Charlesworth lied on her juror questionnaire during the original trial back in 2004.

Judge Bottger has just vacated Michael Blagg's murder conviction. Bond hearing set Oct. 27. #gjco #mesacounty #gjsentinel

Blagg ordered held without bond at MC Jail until Oct. 27 bond hearing. That may change, however. #gjco #mesacounty #gjsentinel

https://twitter.com/PaulShockleyGJ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back