Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What prove do you have that AG was doing drugs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Moslym3 indicated "scenarios for leaving a car at home in Denver would be" and then listed reasons why people would leave their car at home and not drive. Nowhere was there any inference that AG did drugs.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree about the instagram being very eerie. I know people are saying it’s being read too deep, but I disagree.

This is my opinion too. It may not relate to his disappearance at all but it seems like an awfully big coincidence he posted such an unusual video(blowing out a candle?) that has a lot of symbolism behind it(IMO) right before he disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What prove do you have that AG was doing drugs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oh, none at all. I was throwing out scenarios of what might make someone in Denver leave their their car at home when going out late. I also have no proof that he went back downtown but that's still a reason (in my mind) someone might leave their car at home.

Also - this is Colorado where pot is legal. So "doing drugs" is something people from all walks of life do with less stigma than boozing. my opinion only, of course.

OK. So just gonna throw this out there. I've been staring at the map showing the places he went to the night he disappeared. I don't know the temperature the night he disappeared but with it being Denver I'm pretty sure it was chilly if not outright cold. He didn't leave his apt to walk to Syntax, that's far, far to long of a walk from his apt in that kind of weather. He had to have driven to Syntax first then returned home.and after he got home something happened, something drew him outside and since the door was left unlocked he intended to return. If he was going to hurt himself I don't think he would have left an unlocked door. JMO

Oh, none at all. I was throwing out scenarios of what might make someone in Denver leave their their car at home when going out late. I also have no proof that he went back downtown but that's still a reason (in my mind) someone might leave their car at home.

Also - this is Colorado where pot is legal. So "doing drugs" is something people from all walks of life do with less stigma than boozing. my opinion only, of course.

Keep in mind he is a Registered Nurse. So while pot may be legal in CO he would more than likely not be permitted by the state board of nursing to partake in the demon herb. :-)

Did he interact with these friends who saw him talking to a Hispanic man? Or did people he knew see him across the room,or what?

On December 20, the family posted that they are waiting on information from police about his mobile phone activity. So hopefully they've completed that analysis and the phone is full of leads for the police to pursue. And hopefully that's what's happening right now.

*We are sitting and waiting for Denver pd to update us on his phone history, contact with others that night, who he may have been speaking with over apps, texts, calls, social media/Snapchat, facebook messenger, etc, dating apps, social denver apps and messenger on his phone.
source: https://www.facebook.com/findadamronaldgilbertson/

OK. So just gonna throw this out there. I've been staring at the map showing the places he went to the night he disappeared. I don't know the temperature the night he disappeared but with it being Denver I'm pretty sure it was chilly if not outright cold. He didn't leave his apt to walk to Syntax, that's far, far to long of a walk from his apt in that kind of weather. He had to have driven to Syntax first then returned home.and after he got home something happened, something drew him outside and since the door was left unlocked he intended to return. If he was going to hurt himself I don't think he would have left an unlocked door. JMO
I'm hoping someone can clarify the locked door situation to me.

Did the apt (or duplex) have a front door and also a side door? If so, was the front door locked and the side door unlocked? Thanks in Advance.

Did the apt (or duplex) have a front door and also a side door? If so, was the front door locked and the side door unlocked? Thanks in Advance.

It seem from reporting that yes, there are two doors - and the side-door was left unlocked.

Family members say his keys were found inside his apartment and that a side door had been left unlocked.
“The apartment door was unlocked. His keys were on the counter and he has been missing for three days," said Gilbertson's cousin, Shannon Saesan.
source: http://kdvr.com/2017/12/17/man-goes-missing-after-leaving-denver-nightclub-on-thursday-night/

I don't think it was ever mentioned. The only thing I've seen mentioned is that the "side door was unlocked." This leads me to believe there were two doors, a front door and a side-door. Since there was no mention of the front door I would assume that means it was locked while the side door was left unlocked.

I don't think it was ever mentioned. The only thing I've seen mentioned is that the "side door was unlocked." This leads me to believe there were two doors, a front door and a side-door. Since there was no mention of the front door I would assume that means it was locked while the side door was left unlocked.
Thanks. To me that's kind of an important issue. He keeps the front door locked but probably uses the side door as entry and exit? I would have more concern if the front door had been unlocked.

Just to update a little bit of information regarding Adam's apartment. It's not an actual apartment, it's a house. The street address is 441 S. Logan St.

Here's a link to google street view:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...4b47a4d232bcc!8m2!3d39.7084747!4d-104.9831908

ETA: His "apartment" is the left hand door in the street view image.

ETA 2: I retract my previous speculation that it would have been too far for him to walk from home to Syntax. Based on this Google map image walking would only take about 8 minutes from his home to the bar.

y3RgeOv.jpg

Just to update a little bit of information regarding Adam's apartment. It's not an actual apartment, it's a house. The street address is 441 S. Logan St.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...4b47a4d232bcc!8m2!3d39.7084747!4d-104.9831908

ETA 2: I retract my previous speculation that it would have been too far for him to walk from home to Syntax. Based on this Google map image walking would only take about 8 minutes from his home to the bar.

View attachment 128072
Thanks DAnthrplgst- You can only see a bit of a view of steps leading up to the "2nd floor". But I suspect it mirrors the apt. next door.

Why use the side door vs the front door? Parking in the back? Easier access to trash containers? Entry on the side puts you immediately in the kitchen? Looks like the same # of steps. Easier to leave unlocked? Maybe the front door has a deadbolt and a door lock. The front door has a screen but the back door, can't tell but probably not.

I'll always lock my front door but not always the back door if I'm stepping out for a bit.

attachment.php

Thanks for that! I was searching for the apartment address and couldn't find it.

Given that his place is a duplex there are two scenarios I'm exploring:

1. Adam brought his own car home - so either he left the house on foot or someone picked him up.
2. Someone else brought his car home -- if this is the case my follow up questions are - how did this person know where he lived? Had he been there before? Had Adam gotten his drivers license changed in the 4 months he lived in Denver to show his new address? Did he have something on him showing the address? Was his car parked in a designated space for Adam's apartment or was it simply "at his house".

I would think for a stranger to return the car to the house and unlock the door using the keys in the middle of the night would be risky - and not worth it - when they could just ditch the car anywhere else without risk of actually being caught driving it. Unless this person knew exactly where to park the car, which door to unlock and a way to get out of there.

Would be interested to know if Uber or Lyft did any pick-ups overnight in the immediate area...

If he is intentionally missing, maybe he left the side door unlocked knowing friends/family would eventually need to get in there to search for him.
Just being considerate? I remember a story about a wife taking off but leaving the vehicle because she knew her husband would need it.

I doubt this means anything or that he would even do this. But I noticed on the map that down the street from Syntax is a Yoga studio. If he did leave his car at home and walked to Syntax, I wonder if he would have walked the few blocks to the studio just to get some Yoga in, maybe relax and unwind from whatever happened during the night. I doubt that happened since it would double his walking distance back home if he walked to the studio from Syntax.

On the question if Uber or Lyft may have picked him up later in the night. I don't believe they did. Since his family knew about the ride from Charley's back to his car I would have to assume they had access to his Lyft or Uber account to know he had gotten that ride in the first place. If there were any other rides from that night they would have known then.

I doubt this means anything or that he would even do this. But I noticed on the map that down the street from Syntax is a Yoga studio. If he did leave his car at home and walked to Syntax, I wonder if he would have walked the few blocks to the studio just to get some Yoga in, maybe relax and unwind from whatever happened during the night. I doubt that happened since it would double his walking distance back home if he walked to the studio from Syntax.

On the question if Uber or Lyft may have picked him up later in the night. I don't believe they did. Since his family knew about the ride from Charley's back to his car I would have to assume they had access to his Lyft or Uber account to know he had gotten that ride in the first place. If there were any other rides from that night they would have known then.

The yoga studio south of Syntax isn't open late.

Regarding Uber/Lyft - I was saying I'd like to know if Uber/Lyft had any pickups in his area for anyone else during the time period - if someone other than Adam brought the car home.

Still wondering about this:
Gilbertson had been at a Denver night club late Thursday and was last seen early the following morning "hanging out with a Hispanic man that his friends did not know."

If Adam had left the LODO/Ballpark area and was traveling home, he would have been southbound on Broadway (which is one-way). It would be natural for him to park his car across the street in the parking areas. We do not know if he parked his car at home and walked. I think that is a huge assumption. It would be more likely he parked near Syntax and he then drove home AFTER leaving that location. This would also explain why the keys were inside his apartment and car outside. It is more likely that his last known location is truly his residence. Unfortunately, there is no way to confirm this.

In terms of the ping on his phone. The phone was most likely powered off immediately after leaving Syntax. Email servers “push” emails every 5-10 minutes (set by user). If the phone was on, it would have pinged a tower the moment the email server pushed to his device.

As a former 20-year LE officer, my theory would be he switched his phone off, returned his car and keys to his apartment and the mystery continues from there.

So, as far as we know he has his phone with him. Why would he power down his phone but then take it with him but leave his keys at home?

Unless his battery died, that would explain it not pinging?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back