Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, it bothers me so much that certain people get barely a glance or search when they are missing, while some families get all the help in the world. I'm not talking about children here, although the same applies to them as well- some searches are intense, while others get barely a glance.

It looks to me like the police out there aren't doing crap to find Adam. Yes, I could be wrong, but looking at other threads where intense searches are being performed looking for adults in other towns/cities/states, Adam's family has really gotten the crap end of the stick here.

I feel like we should be doing something more to help, but what? I live on the opposite coast, but if I lived near there, I'd be out looking. Somebody besides his family and friends need to help and show this family that they care.

What can we do that we haven't already?

:bump:

I am consolidating the everything necessary and recent from all sources into one post so I/ we can just bump in one quote in the future, as well as get a draft necessary for an introductory post in case we get to thread 2:

"You can help! If you have any information you believe may be helpful, please contact the Denver Police, re: case number 17-837-972, at 720-913-2000

For any tips leading to Adam's whereabouts, please emailhelp@helpfindadam.com

If you are in the Denver area, please consider printing and posting our missing flyer:

http://helpfindadam.com/

Media Coverage (source: www.helpfindadam.com )

COLORADO

FOX31 Denver - 12/21
FOX31 Denver - 12/17
7NEWS Denver (ABC) - 12/18
7NEWS Denver (ABC) - 12/17
CBS Denver
The Denver Post
Out Front Magazine

MINNESOTA

KARE 11 (NBC)
Pioneer Press
KSTP (ABC)
Fox 9
Fox21 News

WYOMING

KCWY 13 (NBC)
KGWN

http://helpfindadam.com/

https://m.facebook.com/Find-Adam-Ronald-Gilbertson-162550087694434/

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?l=&q=#helpfindadam since:2017-12-14&src=typd

https://m.facebook.com/findadamrona...50087694434/163770490905727/?type=3&source=54

attachment.php

attachment.php

You know, it bothers me so much that certain people get barely a glance or search when they are missing, while some families get all the help in the world. I'm not talking about children here, although the same applies to them as well- some searches are intense, while others get barely a glance.

It looks to me like the police out there aren't doing crap to find Adam. Yes, I could be wrong, but looking at other threads where intense searches are being performed looking for adults in other towns/cities/states, Adam's family has really gotten the crap end of the stick here.

I feel like we should be doing something more to help, but what? I live on the opposite coast, but if I lived near there, I'd be out looking. Somebody besides his family and friends need to help and show this family that they care.

I know it might be an out-there idea, but I think it would be really helpful if a couple people volunteered to set up outside near the entrance of the bars he went to that night. Maybe a little table with several photos of Adam and flyers "Have you seen Adam Gilbertson? Last seen here [name of bar] on Dec 14, 2017." Just a quiet, approachable presence -- nothing overwhelming, because that would be a buzz-kill and might affect business.

But if there's a source of inquiry and information at the same location and the same timeframe as when Adam was last there, it might jog someone's memory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know it might be an out-there idea, but I think it would be really helpful if a couple people volunteered to set up outside near the entrance of the bars he went to that night. Maybe a little table with several photos of Adam and flyers "Have you seen Adam Gilbertson? Last seen here [name of bar] on Dec 14, 2017." Just a quiet, approachable presence -- nothing overwhelming, because that would be a buzz-kill and might affect business.

But if there's a source of inquiry and information at the same location and the same timeframe as when Adam was last there, it might jog someone's memory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is a great idea!

I just can't believe that he just vanished into thin air. I feel so bad for his family.

You read my mind, I was coming to post the same thing! I’m looking at the Blaze Bernstein case and watching how LE have jumped into action with dogs, organized searches, drones, news coverage and SAR - as well as the family constantly posting and updating.

Such a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You read my mind, I was coming to post the same thing! I’m looking at the Blaze Bernstein case and watching how LE have jumped into action with dogs, organized searches, drones, news coverage and SAR - as well as the family constantly posting and updating.

Such a difference.

It's breaking my heart! He's been gone for almost a month- something happened to him!

Even if foul play isn't involved, searches need to be done to find this poor man so his family has an answer.

I just don't believe he committed suicide, but I could be wrong. I'd rather think he was alive and happy and on some fun adventure, but I doubt he would leave his family worrying like this for this length of time, if he was fine.

I had brunch this morning with a group of LGBTQ and Straights folks from across the area. The majority are in their 20's and 30's, very active in the community, frequent the same places as Adam, and probably know many of his acquaintances. When I mentioned this situation, most remembered hearing about it a few weeks ago, but since it fell out of the media, they either forgot about it or assumed it had been solved. I'm concerned that this is probably the case with many other folks in the community. Perhaps it suggests that there needs to be a renewed strategy or now different strategy for getting the word out again. Unfortunate but true.

I had brunch this morning with a group of LGBTQ and Straights folks from across the area. The majority are in their 20's and 30's, very active in the community, frequent the same places as Adam, and probably know many of his acquaintances. When I mentioned this situation, most remembered hearing about it a few weeks ago, but since it fell out of the media, they either forgot about it or assumed it had been solved. I'm concerned that this is probably the case with many other folks in the community. Perhaps it suggests that there needs to be a renewed strategy or now different strategy for getting the word out again. Unfortunate but true.

Many of us have reached out to the family, given ideas, posted helpful info, links, ways to stir up interest, etc., but we keep getting excuses.

Apparently some people here think the case is on the front burner and LE knows what’s going on, but they are keeping it all hush hush so as not to compromise the investigation. So there must be a logical reason why it’s not in the media, and why most of the young folks in Denver have forgotten about it or assumed it’s been solved, right? Because it’s all part of LE’s plan.. right? :thinking:

Well, I know that none of us intend to be judgmental at all of the choices the family has made to this point for communicating with the community. It is their family member and their decisions on how to proceed. And, all we can assume is that there is information that they feel is best not shared at this time. Given that, I could imagine a new campaign to include: a financial reward for information leading to his discovery, a media event to include family, LE, Community Leaders, Close Friends to bring folks back into a connection to the story, a blitz at any bar frequented by Adam to include family and close friends meeting customers and talking about Adam, media stories written by friends and family sharing stories about Adam that would create a personal connection, finally sharing some information from the investigation if even to confirm that something hasn't been discovered (e.g. no unauthorized use of his credit cards), anything that would peak the interest of the community again. Tough situation for the family I can only imagine especially with them not being from the Denver area.

Stopping by to check in. Still no news. Sitting in the comfort of my warm home and wondering where is Adam Gilbertson?? 💔

Such a difference.

So sad that Adam has been missing for almost a month, and Blaze, who went missing almost a month later, has four less pages now than Adam's thread. Don't get me wrong Blaze deserves all the caring and help, but what about Adam? This poor hospice nurse deserves to be found, deserves to have folks trying to find out what happened to him.

I have no idea why this is bothering me so much, I just feel like he's been forgotten by LE and most of his community. He looks like the type of guy that if he knew that somebody went missing, he'd volunteer and go look for him/her.

So sad that Adam has been missing for almost a month, and Blaze, who went missing almost a month later, has four less pages now than Adam's thread. Don't get me wrong Blaze deserves all the caring and help, but what about Adam? This poor hospice nurse deserves to be found, deserves to have folks trying to find out what happened to him.

I have no idea why this is bothering me so much, I just feel like he's been forgotten by LE and most of his community. He looks like the type of guy that if he knew that somebody went missing, he'd volunteer and go look for him/her.

I wish I could like and thank this post 1000 times. We’re definitely on the same page Steelslady. :(

Is there any indication that Adam's family has info that's being kept from the public? Anything that would suggest suicide or voluntarily leaving? Blaze's family is driving much of the attention in his case. Is it simply that they are overwhelmed or perhaps unable to afford an active presence in Denver?

[emoji813]️ Steelslady [emoji813]️ Adam is a blessed man to have you in his corner. I know it's discouraging, but you keep fighting for him in the ways you can. Some cases just call to you, and I can see how deeply Adam's has.

Even though I'm not a prolific poster in Adam's thread, I'm subscribed to it and have been googling his name each day, hoping to see, I don't know what, something -- an article, a trace, a site I hadn't seen before. He's very present in my thoughts, too. I ache for his friends, family, his patients...it's heartbreaking.

I don't know how bold you are, what kind of time resources you have, but I think you might have a positive impact of you try to reach out to Adam's community. Write a letter to his local newspaper (Letter to the Editor) and express how you feel, how the internet has allowed Adam's story to touch your life despite the distance. Let the paper know, you're fighting for him in your own way and want others to fight for him, too.

Send copies to his employer, any community groups he was part of, the staff at his yoga studio. Let them know Adam is being fought for.

Someone will read your story and want to share their with you. It's amazing how one single connection can change the course of a mighty river.

I wish I could like and thank this post 1000 times. We’re definitely on the same page Steelslady. :(

Believe me, writing this post and the one you just responded to above, has been hard to type because I can't see through my tears.

I probably should get off of these boards, because it hurts to much to see a beautiful human being almost forgotten about, with exception of his family, close friends, and us here at WS.

This is killing me- the world needs more people like Adam in it, not less. I wish I lived closer, I'd be out there looking daily- it might not do any good, but at least I would know that I tried my best to help, like the nice poster on here who's been searching for him every chance they get.

Is there anything more that we can do? Folks are sleuthing left and right for others on here, what about Adam?

[emoji813]️ Steelslady [emoji813]️ Adam is a blessed man to have you in his corner. I know it's discouraging, but you keep fighting for him in the ways you can. Some cases just call to you, and I can see how deeply Adam's has.

Even though I'm not a prolific poster in Adam's thread, I'm subscribed to it and have been googling his name each day, hoping to see, I don't know what, something -- an article, a trace, a site I hadn't seen before. He's very present in my thoughts, too. I ache for his friends, family, his patients...it's heartbreaking.

I don't know how bold you are, what kind of time resources you have, but I think you might have a positive impact of you try to reach out to Adam's community. Write a letter to his local newspaper (Letter to the Editor) and express how you feel, how the internet has allowed Adam's story to touch your life despite the distance. Let the paper know, you're fighting for him in your own way and want others to fight for him, too.

Send copies to his employer, any community groups he was part of, the staff at his yoga studio. Let them know Adam is being fought for.

Someone will read your story and want to share their with you. It's amazing how one single connection can change the course of a mighty river.

Great suggestions, and I am going to take your advice and work on them tomorrow when i get up. Thanks for understanding. For some reason, when I look into his eyes, I see a beautiful, gentle, loving soul. For some reason, I just feel called to help, but being so far away, I couldn't think of anything purposeful that I could do until I read your suggestions. Thank you.

Great suggestions, and I am going to take your advice and work on them tomorrow when i get up. Thanks for understanding. For some reason, when I look into his eyes, I see a beautiful, gentle, loving soul. For some reason, I just feel called to help, but being so far away, I couldn't think of anything purposeful that I could do until I read your suggestions. Thank you.
I believe gentle souls recognize gentle souls. What you see in Adam is also in you. Sleep well, my friend.

I’ve been following this page just three days after poor Adam went missing, when I heard about the case on the news. I am an optimistic person, and I don’t want to give up hope that Adam is okay; but I also have to be realistic, and consider that he is deceased.

I wanted to weigh-in with my arm chair theory. I keep reading so much about the possibility of Adam being in the lake at Washington Park, and I don’t see this making sense because of how popular and crowded WP is. Not only does this increase the likelihood of Adam already having been discovered, but it also increases the chances of the perp(s) of having gotten caught discarding Adam. I see WP being too risky for the perp(s) to have wanted to go there to take Adam. Instead, I think the lake at Overland Park makes more sense, since it’s less popular and easier to be sneaky there, in my opinion. Overland Park is also close to Syntax (1.6 miles to the south of Syntax and just a tad west). I’d attach a map but don’t see how to on my phone.

My theory is colored from my high school locker mate being kidnapped and murdered. In HIS case, as he was leaving work he was kidnapped and shortly murdered thereafter and quickly discarded. He wasn’t abducted for very long before he got killed, but it took a while for LE to find him. With Adam, I indeed have optimistic theories but in my gruesome one-very shortly after he left Syntax he met with foul play and the perp(s) didn’t take long to discard him. I do not think the perp(s) did so in a place so easy to get caught such as WP, however. I do think it’s important for everyone to keep an eye out not just for Adam, per se, but articles of clothing he had on or (fragments of) his phone that the police nor family has ever disclosed what type he had.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back