Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We know he had a car and also had the Lyft app on his phone and used it at least sometimes. To me, it would seem strange that he would take a train at 1 in the morning instead of taking a Lyft wherever he was going. I can understand why he wouldn’t want to drive (drinking), but as someone who uses Lyft and Uber regularly, I wouldnt think to take a train at that time. Since he took Lyft earlier, why wouldn’t he do that again? Obviously the train would be a little more cost effective if he were going a relatively long distance. However, being in the same age demographic as Adam, I don’t really know anyone who would take a train at that time of night because we are so accustomed to relying on ride-sharing services.

We know he had a car and also had the Lyft app on his phone and used it at least sometimes. To me, it would seem strange that he would take a train at 1 in the morning instead of taking a Lyft wherever he was going. I can understand why he wouldn’t want to drive (drinking), but as someone who uses Lyft and Uber regularly, I wouldnt think to take a train at that time. Since he took Lyft earlier, why wouldn’t he do that again? Obviously the train would be a little more cost effective if he were going a relatively long distance. However, being in the same age demographic as Adam, I don’t really know anyone who would take a train at that time of night because we are so accustomed to relying on ride-sharing services.

Just saw a news broadcast about the updated location for the last sighting of Adam. The surveillance camera captured him in the old K-Mart parking lot kitty-corner from Syntax. In my opinion, he would only cross through that parking lot if he were heading somewhere west or northwest of that parking lot, but probably NOT across I-25 and the river (excluding the theory that he got on a light rail train or met someone at the light rail). If a correct assumption, this would narrow down his ultimate destination quite bit. There does not appear to be any food places in that trajectory. There are, however, several apartment buildings in that direction, including Denizen and and IMT Alameda, as well as a neighborhood of single family homes to the north. It seems crucial to check out those apartment buildings. And, it turns out, I actually know the property manager at Denizen. I am going to ask him if anyone has approached him asking for surveillance footage. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this theory.

Actually, I revise my statement slightly -- I supposed he could have been going to Denny's, which is open 24-hours.

so he left the bar at 12:50, his phone last pinged at 12:53, and walked near RTD at 1:05? maybe once he left the bar he turned off his phone so no one could trace where he was going next and took RTD to the airport?

I don’t know if anyone will know this, but has his family been able access his atm or credit card records? If he drew out a large sum of money, he could have went anywhere but at least this would show intent to get away for a while. Credit card would be great because it would be easy to see if went on the light rail that night.

New Plea For Help 28 Days After Man’s Disappearance
DENVER (CBS4)
Jan 12 '18 a@ 01:35 p.m.

"...
"He was walking through the parking lot of the old Kmart on South Broadway in the video."
Denver police have been investigating his disappearance since then and say so far there’s no indication of foul play.
According to the Facebook page Find Adam Ronald Gilbertson, a search party has been planned for Adam on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers should meet in the old Kmart parking lot off South Broadway. The search groups will break off from there."

Could he have tried to cross the river on Alameda and ended up in the river somehow?

I've been pondering the possibility that he headed for the airport, albeit at a very late hour. The University of Colorado A-Line leaves from Union Station and takes about 40 minutes to arrive at DEN. I believe the train runs beginning at 3:15 a.m. and stops service somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. So, there is only maybe 2 hours when the A-Line is not in service. However, there is always a security entry open at DEN as there are flights that leave even after midnight on several airlines. The reason for his going to the airport is still a big question. But, if for some unknown reason he wanted to leave the state, that would be an obvious destination. The question would be whether his credit card and some form of ID was used to access the security line at DEN.

Good point but if his phone died or was dying and had a destination in mind he may not have wanted to rely on phone app and opted to travel via light rail

So you ask a fascinating question- my guess is family HAS to have had access to credit card because they knew he took a Lyft super quick - yes maybe they had his Lyft password but that’s seems unlikely. To me it seems like one of the first things they obtained was recent purchases, saw the Lyft charge then contacted Lyft for info about the trip

I think they need to search downstream of the Platte considering the first week this happened several of us said he might have walked that way.

If the Kmart camera caught him walking in that direction it's very probable this was a suicide IMO. Again reiterating past the parking lot is the light rail, Home depot, and the river.

Could be until the weather warms up before they find a body though, unfortunately. Decomposition would cause a corpse to bloat and float. But the cold weather would work much like a fridge and slow that process.

I think they need to search downstream of the Platte considering the first week this happened several of us said he might have walked that way.

If the Kmart camera caught him walking in that direction it's very probable this was a suicide IMO. Again reiterating past the parking lot is the light rail, Home depot, and the river.

Could be until the weather warms up before they find a body though, unfortunately. Decomposition would cause a corpse to bloat and float. But the cold weather would work much like a fridge and slow that process.

With the newest development, and given the direction Adam was headed, I do think this is a good possibility:(.

Is the river fairly accessible from where Adam was captured on camera? Would something like this be feasible?

658441c192ab42ca02c54806391daa35.jpg

Any bridges close by :(?

Also, I do think Overland Lake is still a possibility also:

f6b1e7380152470ee71becea1bd2a150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the newest development, and given the direction Adam was headed, I do think this is a good possibility:(.

Is the river fairly accessible from where Adam was captured on camera? Would something like this be feasible?

658441c192ab42ca02c54806391daa35.jpg

Any bridges close by :(?

Also, I do think Overland Lake is still a possibility also:

f6b1e7380152470ee71becea1bd2a150.jpg

I’m sorry for quoting my own post.

I can see the images I inserted in Tapatalk, but not in Safari, so will attach them here, just in case:

IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

OT: Also, if anyone knows why this “glitch” is happening (just started a couple of weeks ago), would you please let me know?

On the helpfindadam website, there is a nice timeline of events and locations. Interestingly, he didn't stay at either bar very long. 10:45-11:32 at Charlie's and 12:38-12:53 at the syntax opera. So why so short? Charlie's was not in the direction of his car but he didn't stay long.

So you ask a fascinating question- my guess is family HAS to have had access to credit card because they knew he took a Lyft super quick - yes maybe they had his Lyft password but that’s seems unlikely. To me it seems like one of the first things they obtained was recent purchases, saw the Lyft charge then contacted Lyft for info about the trip

Very good point. I didn’t even think of that, and I’m not sure why. Since they only knew he was at Syntax from the background in his last instagram post, I’m guessing he paid with cash there...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back