Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I echo the absolute heartbreak of everyone here...this was a wonderful man with a beautiful soul who didn't deserve this end. I was so hopeful for another outcome. It's so miserably unfair that this light has been extinguished.

I'm also disgusted beyond words with LE. The fact that they did NOTHING to involve a community ready and willing to assist in locating Adam is just infuriating. There is no excuse for Adam's family, friends, and concerned community members being the ones to finally find him, a month later...where in God's name was LE all that time?

I am trying to remember the vibrant, joyful man I knew...how do you keep yourself out of the rabbit hole of imagining what happened, and wishing you'd been there to help? It's just...I can't stand it. Having closure and knowing he is no longer in pain is not much comfort at this point. It's just awful. All of it.

But I also have to say, I've been so grateful to read the concerned and caring thoughts of everyone here. I'm glad I found you all.

Safe journey and gentle rest, my friend...be at peace.

Like others I am very angry. I just cannot fathom how there was never a search before now or the fact that he was not found before now. I just cannot wrap my mind around it. There were homeless people camped out by that river... how could no one have discovered him before now?! It’s so infuriating. MOO RIP Adam. My heart aches for his friends, family and community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rest in peace Adam. Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

I've been following several cases this last year in Colorado and in every case it seems like LE has really dropped the ball. Jmo. Something needs to be done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My understanding is they didn’t get the most recent surveillance footage from LE but the product of the family’s PI.

Yep, just around the 45” mark in the attached video (broadcast just Friday night), the reporter says Adam’s family had just learned of the existence of the video from their PI:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/01/12/adam-gilbertson-denver-disappearance/amp/

Within a couple of hours of hearing about a body being found and its location, I started getting a really bad headache, stayed in bed, purposely staying away from my phone and off this thread all day today, avoiding the inevitable truth.

Reading all of your posts for the last hour or so has been so comforting. I really can’t explain why, but Adam’s case has really touched me, and I don’t even know him nor live anywhere near Colorado. He just seemed like someone who really cared. Someone who knew what truly mattered. And we need more like him.

As for his friends and family, I can’t even begin to imagine what they must have been through for the last month. I am so very sorry.

I am usually not one to criticize LE, but they really dropped the ball big time in this case, IMO. They have failed not only his loved ones, but Adam. For example, yesterday’s search: To the best of my knowledge, there was no LE involvement whatsoever. What happened here?

Last but not least, I could never thank enough those who came out to help yesterday. It really speaks volumes as to who Adam was.

Rest In Peace, Adam. I wish I had gotten to meet you, kiddo.

I echo the same disappointment as others here. LE should have done more.

I also just wanted to take a moment to thank and wish everyone who took part in the search, especially fellow WSers, peace and easy dreams after all of this. It is not an easy thing to do to go out and search, and it's even harder when you find what you were looking for. I hope Mr. Dillon is doing alright.

Justsomedude called this days ago. He was spot on. If a random Denver resident speculated correctly, why didn't LE?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Has any one heard from margarite I know she was a good advocate on here for Adam and I know she said she was going on the search. I really hope she is OK.
I've forgot her full websleuths name.

For everyone who has remarks about how this couldn’t have been seen by persons walking by: I tell you with the certainty that I walked the opposite side of the river. You can’t see in detail all the way across the river and you can’t see unless you walk down to the river edge. I walked the edge of the river with Adams dad. I assure you that the river is dark even during the day.

I personally also believe law enforcement dropped the ball. However, if we hadn’t all been there together to help we may never have found Adam.

I have such sincere thanks for every single person who posted here and inspired people to get out and do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I'm disgusted with LE I'm just happy that Adam was found and his parents can bring him home.

For everyone who has remarks about how this couldn’t have been seen by persons walking by: I tell you with the certainty that I walked the opposite side of the river. You can’t see in detail all the way across the river and you can’t see unless you walk down to the river edge. I walked the edge of the river with Adams dad. I assure you that the river is dark even during the day.

I personally also believe law enforcement dropped the ball. However, if we hadn’t all been there together to help we may never have found Adam.

I have such sincere thanks for every single person who posted here and inspired people to get out and do something.

YOU rock. Thank you for helping Adam's family. No doubt, Adam's father felt blessed having you with him searching. People don't realize just how much it means to the family that all of you kind volunteers were there. You folks are all amazing.

Minnesota is heartbroken...
Adam was an amazing human being. The sweetest guy ever. He didn't have a mean bone in his body. His smile was contagious. I'm so sad. Pray for Adams family. I can't imagine what they are going through. There is no doubt that God took him to Heaven. Rest in piece Adam. You touched so many people in your short time on this earth.

:welcome4:
Jessica2007

I agree completely. Adam exudes kindness and warmth.
Thank you for taking the time to join and for your great words. I hope you stay with WS as we learn more of what happened to Adam.

I hope anger stemming from anyone's belief that LE wasn't on top of this, isn't being used to relieve the deep loss so many may feel. I have yet to hear the family or friends complain of LE in any MSM.

From Earlier

[video=youtube;ox7UWSamiQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7UWSamiQI[/video]

[video=youtube;BjNcxqFcDJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjNcxqFcDJk[/video]
paraphrased below:

Friends and family says

'...on the other side of the river, the first time we came down here we searched here.'
'We always knew this was a possibility'
'They're very grateful to a volunteer, who went out on his own, and decided to search here.'

~

Questions Remain After Minnesota Native's Body Found in Colorado River
KSTP
Jan 14 18 10:45 pm

"We're just doing the best we can trying to find out everything we could," said his cousin...

Officers are reviewing Gilbertson's cell phone records.

On Saturday, volunteers spread out along South Platte River, retracing Gilbertson's last known steps.

[MW] met Gilbertson when he moved to town and he organized Saturday's search. "From where it happened to where he walked away to where they found his body, it was less than a mile, it was something that happened quick," he said.

Adam was an amazing human being. The sweetest guy ever. He didn't have a mean bone in his body. His smile was contagious. I'm so sad. Pray for Adams family. I can't imagine what they are going through. There is no doubt that God took him to Heaven. Rest in piece Adam. You touched so many people in your short time on this earth.

Shame on CO Law Enforcement for doing NOTHING. They are truly worthless!! I'm so ANGRY

I am so sorry for your loss. You could see he was a beautiful and gentle soul just by looking into his eyes. He really touched a lot of hearts here, and many of us were hoping and praying he would be found alive, safe and sound. I am grateful that at least family and friends have an answer now- the not knowing is just haunting and devastating, keeping loved ones and friends up many nights with anxiety, worry, and fear for them. This is definitely not the outcome anyone wanted, and I just grateful that the Gilbertson family had support from wonderful friends and volunteers- 130 people showed up- that is amazing!

I think you will find that just about the majority of people in this thread, if not all of us, are damned angry at LE for brushing Adam's disappearance under the rug. I have LE friends myself, and I can tell you they would not be sleeping well if they had a missing person in their town. I know of a couple who have actually searched on their own time for a missing person, because they felt bad for the family so they helped with official searches as well as tried to search on their own. That's what's so sad, some LE are jerks, but many are caring and compassionate and do try to help as much as possible. This isn't the case with LE in Adam's case. Shame on them, just shame on them.

Shame on CO Law Enforcement for doing NOTHING. They are truly worthless!! I'm so ANGRY

[video=youtube;BjNcxqFcDJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjNcxqFcDJk[/video]
paraphrased below:

Friends and family says

'...on the other side of the river, the first time we came down here we searched here.'
'We always knew this was a possibility'
'They're very grateful to a volunteer, who went out on his own, and decided to search here.'

~

Questions Remain After Minnesota Native's Body Found in Colorado River
KSTP
Jan 14 18 10:45 pm

"We're just doing the best we can trying to find out everything we could," said his cousin...

Officers are reviewing Gilbertson's cell phone records.

On Saturday, volunteers spread out along South Platte River, retracing Gilbertson's last known steps.

[MW] met Gilbertson when he moved to town and he organized Saturday's search. "From where it happened to where he walked away to where they found his body, it was less than a mile, it was something that happened quick," he said.

Indeed, it was something that happened quick- that was my feeling as well. God, I pray he didn't meet up with foul play. I'd rather it be that he slipped and fell into some water or had a stroke and died instantly or something. Blah, it's bothering me that he found so close by......

<modsnip>

For everyone who has remarks about how this couldn&#8217;t have been seen by persons walking by: I tell you with the certainty that I walked the opposite side of the river. You can&#8217;t see in detail all the way across the river and you can&#8217;t see unless you walk down to the river edge. I walked the edge of the river with Adams dad. I assure you that the river is dark even during the day.

I personally also believe law enforcement dropped the ball. However, if we hadn&#8217;t all been there together to help we may never have found Adam.

Bloken

I haven't had the opportunity to thank you for your great contributions to this thread from early on and all the time, love and concern you've shared in finding Adam. It's very much appreciated. I hope you stay around and continue to look out for people, as you have here on WS.

Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 3.02.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 3.09.19 PM.png
From here:
Adam's family's page, where more pictures, tributes... are being shared

http://www.kgwn.tv/content/news/Missing-UW-graduate-found-dead-469373873.html

Gilbertson's family said he went to nursing school in Wyoming while he lived in Fort Collins. He graduated from the program last spring and moved to Denver for a nursing job back in August.

~

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...e-Adam-Gilbertson-dead-near-river-Denver.html
video from Denver 7

~

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/s...cle_f154435f-37d5-52f2-899f-6b740db464e9.html

"Gilbertson, a registered nurse, did not show up for work on Dec. 15. His employers called his family, who initiated a search.

~

http://www.kgwn.tv/content/news/Missing-UW-graduate-found-dead-469373873.html

Did the person who found him know him? It says the person who found him went and looked on his own and I’m just curious...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay