Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was a part of the search party on Saturday and the person who found him was in my search group (we were broken into 5 groups). To clarify this once and for all, here is what I am fairly certain happened. Our search group was assigned to search the river both north and south of Alameda. We began by doing the north route. When we got back to alameda, we were told another group had already searched the south route, so we went back to the parking lot where everyone met. I believe this particular searcher who found Adam continued on his own to cover the east side of the river south of Alameda instead of going back to the Parking lot with the group, and that he was more or less by himself at the time he made the discovery. Another group had searched South of Alameda but apprently did not find Adam’s body. So we owe this searcher a debt of gratitude for continuing to search on his own. Please someone who was there let me know if I have my facts wrong, but I feel this is fairly accurate.

I was a part of the search party on Saturday and the person who found him was in my search group (we were broken into 5 groups). To clarify this once and for all, here is what I am fairly certain happened. Our search group was assigned to search the river both north and south of Alameda. We began by doing the north route. When we got back to alameda, we were told another group had already searched the south route, so we went back to the parking lot where everyone met. I believe this particular searcher who found Adam continued on his own to cover the east side of the river south of Alameda instead of going back to the Parking lot with the group, and that he was more or less by himself at the time he made the discovery. Another group had searched South of Alameda but apprently did not find Adam’s body. So we owe this searcher a debt of gratitude for continuing to search on his own. Please someone who was there let me know if I have my facts wrong, but I feel this is fairly accurate.

Thank you for this information based on your participation in the search and for everything you did to help find Adam, lalalins.

It's an honor to share this thread with such great and committed websleuthers. Having had the privilege of being our great late Foxfire's friend, who went on searches and found answers for grieving families, friends and communities even, he always seemed surprised, very moved and in awe of these experiences. Never took them lightly. I hope Adam's family finds more answers and healing, in time. I also hope all you who searched and witnessed these events take time and care with yourselves.

Did the person who found him know him? It says the person who found him went and looked on his own and I’m just curious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. John was an amazing volunteer who donated his time to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post lands at random.

Please do not enquire as to the whereabouts of other members. They may not wish other members to be discussing them.

:tyou:

Sending my deepest condolences to Adam's family. Through an amazing collective effort, this wonderful man has been finally been found. Thank you to all for being there for Adam and his family.

I also want to thank you guys for checking in to see if I'm okay...we are like our own special family here and I can't thank you enough; I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post, couldn't quite find the words and still can't. I've written several drafts but just keep deleting them. I have finally decided that is in the best interest for me and everyone else for me to just disengage here, at least for now. Maybe I will want to discuss things at a later time, but not now.

RIP Adam.
:rose:

Eta: What matters is that Adam has finally been found!
:grouphug:

Sending my deepest condolences to Adam's family. Through an amazing collective effort, this wonderful man has been finally been found. Thank you to all for being there for Adam and his family.

I also want to thank you guys for checking in to see if I'm okay...we are like our own special family here and I can't thank you enough; I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post, couldn't quite find the words and still can't. I've written several drafts but just keep deleting them. I have finally decided that is in the best interest here for myself and everyone else for me to disengage here, at least for now. Maybe I will want to discuss things at a later time, but not now.

RIP Adam.

:heartbeat:
Magz

See ya when we see ya. Take care.

I also want to thank you guys for checking in to see if I'm okay...we are like our own special family here and I can't thank you enough; I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post, couldn't quite find the words and still can't. I've written several drafts but just keep deleting them. I have finally decided that is in the best interest for me and everyone else for me to just disengage here, at least for now. Maybe I will want to discuss things at a later time, but not now.

RIP Adam.

Thank you Margarita and take all the time you need. Your friends here at WS will always be here for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Nightingale Tribute Reading (Kansas State Nurses Association). I think this is beautiful for Adam, RN, our hospice nurse. I know how hard he worked for that RN behind his name.

Nursing is a calling, a lifestyle, a way of living. Nurses here today honor our colleague, Adam, who is no longer with us and his life as a nurse. Adam is not remembered by his years as a nurse, but by the difference he made during those years by stepping into people's lives, by special moments.

This is not the end any of us were hoping for. Prayers go out to Adam's family and friends.

Body of UW graduate found in Denver: Police investigating Gilbertson’s death
By Cameron Walker, Laramie Boomerang

4 hours ago

"...
“There were a lot of concerned community members and family members that pulled together a group of individuals to search for Gilbertson,” White said. “Because of their great efforts, Gilbertson’s body was found in the area of Virginia and Kalamath streets here in Denver.”
“Extreme care and caution would have been used to remove the body (and) obviously the scene would have been very well documented.”
“At this point we are awaiting the results of an autopsy,” White said. “The cause and manner of death will determine which way our investigation goes, so right now we are waiting to hear (the results).”
..."

I just saw it now ...

Rest in Peace dear Adam!

I'm very relieved he was finally found. Kudos to those who searched! Well done!

Its day four since Adam was found and still no cause and manner of death released and no updates. Usually there would be a finding of “undetermined pending tox” or something like that by now. What do people make of this?

My thoughts? It's only day 4. Not at all odd that there's been no pronouncement of anything yet.

So glad those who knew and loved Adam don't have to wonder anymore. It's those who live on who suffer the most IMO. I hope they can find healthy ways to grieve. so heartbreaking.

Its day four since Adam was found and still no cause and manner of death released and no updates. Usually there would be a finding of “undetermined pending tox” or something like that by now. What do people make of this?
Four days isn't very long, especially with varied states of decomposition. Can't really pull any conclusions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I tend to disagree that four days isn’t long, in my personal experience. I used to be a breaking news reporter for major newspaper in Chicago and the ME almost always had a preliminary cause/manner of death conclusion within a day or two of the autopsy and the autopsy was always conducted within one or two days of the body being recovered. Even if that conclusion was just “underermined pending ———”. However maybe the Denver ME is different or maybe the Denver media outlets are less proactive about getting this information. At my Chicago paper we always talked to the ME office at least once a day and always visited the ME office once a day on the overnight shift.

I tend to disagree that four days isn’t long, in my personal experience. I used to be a breaking news reporter for major newspaper in Chicago and the ME almost always had a preliminary cause/manner of death conclusion within a day or two of the autopsy and the autopsy was always conducted within one or two days of the body being recovered. Even if that conclusion was just “underermined pending ———”. However maybe the Denver ME is different or maybe the Denver media outlets are less proactive about getting this information. At my Chicago paper we always talked to the ME office at least once a day and always visited the ME office once a day on the overnight shift.

It does depend on the area - the ME, the media, and how LE in that area conducts things. Another case around Denver, the Natalie Bollinger case: her body was found at the end of December, still no COD released, and that one has been media heavy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back