Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope to go out to the spot sometime where Amy's car was found (and where her remains were found). I'm just not buying the "falling into the creek" theory (maybe I'll see it differently if I visit the location physically). jmo The floods most certainly must have had an effect on where her locations were found, jmo.

Sounds like the bones (two so far as I know (?)) were some distance from where her car was parked...
No indication of homicide in articles I've read.. so at this point, no one knows what happened to her....

Women falling into rough water reminds me of the three women who wound up in the rough waters of Reversing Falls and who's deaths were listed as accidental:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Mary Cormier, 19, Saint John NB, 29 September 2013 #2

You know, I just had a thought. I remember hearing about some sexual assaults along the trails near Boulder Creek. Might be worth trying to look up those incidents...

Sorry to quote myself, but thinking back to it, I think murders might have even been mentioned...:lookingitup:

marking my spot. next analysis: complete assessment of river / creek flow, etc.

I'm also new to this thread but was able to read about half of it. I send my sincere condolences and prayers to Amy's family and friends.

I haven't read anything so far that would cause me to form an opinion about the case, but I'm wondering what local LE has to say.

I do consider it odd that her purse, phone, and keys were found in her unlocked vehicle. There are times that I leave my purse and phone in the car, but during those times, I hide the items, lock my vehicle, and take the keys with me. However, finding Amy's remains close to where her vehicle was pretty much rules out an abduction, albeit not an attack.

I'm also new to this thread but was able to read about half of it. I send my sincere condolences and prayers to Amy's family and friends.

I haven't read anything so far that would cause me to form an opinion about the case, but I'm wondering what local LE has to say.

I do consider it odd that her purse, phone, and keys were found in her unlocked vehicle. There are times that I leave my purse and phone in the car, but during those times, I hide the items, lock my vehicle, and take the keys with me. However, finding Amy's remains close to where her vehicle was pretty much rules out an abduction, albeit not an attack.

Agree about it being strange! Why leave things like that? - forced out of car? tricked by someone pretending to need help? or left things like that on purpose because she did not intend to come back to car (only about 1/3 of suicides left a note behind IIRC).

Just to clarify a point, Amy's remains were found about 12 miles downstream from where her car was found.

Update: News is now reporting that more of Amy's remains were found today in another area.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/more-of-amy-ahonens-remains-found-in-clear-creek/

"Two bones belonging to Ahonen were found in Clear Creek. One was a long bone near Marshall Street in Wheat Ridge. The other was found further east in unincorporated Adams County. Adams County says it found a piece of a human skull fragment in June of last year. Ahonen’s DNA matched her to the remains."

Update: News is now reporting that more of Amy's remains were found today in another area.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/more-of-amy-ahonens-remains-found-in-clear-creek/

"The next step in the case is deciding which agency will lead the investigation. It was a missing person’s case for Denver, but with remains being found in Wheat Ridge the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department could also lead the case.
So far investigators have not ruled Ahonen’s death a homicide."

Sounds like they don't have enough - and IMO might not ever get enough to unravel the mystery of l what happened to this unfortunate woman - so sad, whenever there's the loss of a young (at least compared to me) life!

So, the Clear Creek location of I-76 and Sheridan (where a piece of Amy's skull was found yesterday) is technically Arvada according to google maps (trying to link, having trouble linking map).

I think her remains llikely drifted to that location, but I think its interesting to note that ARS used Arvada as a disposal site in the past.

The 2 locations where her remains were found are 6.3 miles apart (I-76/Sheridan and Marshall Rd/Wheatridge).

Ugh, looking at the map, its very close to ARS.

Sigg would have been 16 at the time, right?

IIRC, he traveled Hwy 6 in Golden for school. What was Sigg doing in July 2011?

He did attack an adult female jogger before killing Jessica.

All 3 points are within 17 miles (approx).

Can someone pls help and link a map? TIA

Ugh, this is very possibly looking like Sigg to me.

Hi Spamelope, :seeya:

I'm freaking out over here. Is this the work of ARS? I'm getting a really bad feeling looking at the maps. This has Sigg written all over it, possibly. jmo

Bringing over from page# 10 - ws Jessica Ridgeway thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144226&page=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post

Family marks anniversary of Amy Ahonen’s disappearance
Posted on: 5:14 pm, July 6, 2012
http://kdvr.com/2012/07/06/family-marks-anniversary-of-amy-ahonens-disappearance/

Family members also asked investigators to find the man who responded to a roommate ad Amy placed on Craig’s list. Amy thought he was so “creepy” she immediately took the ad down. Andrea said police searched Amy’s computer but found nothing.

I am still in awe at the amount of resources; 40+ local, state, and federal agencies, as well as the amount of awareness generated in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction/murder.

Imo, sexual predators do not begin their deviant behavior dismembering their victim's bodies, taunting investigators, and collecting and storing body parts in their crawl spaces. Imo, many serial killers prior begin their evil trails of terror at around the age of 14 years old...If this pattern holds true Austin Reed Siggs should be investigated for all missing persons from the Westminister area over the past 3 years...
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cle...f744417!2m2!1d-105.0372046!2d39.8366528?hl=en
Clear Creek Canyon Rd, Golden, CO to Westminster, CO - Google Maps

Originally posted by margarita25
Holy crap foxfire. I always assumed Travis Forbes is responsible for Amy's disappearance. But, the way you worded this post...makes me wonder!

ARS is so young. I guess wishful thinking prevented my brain from going there....9 months later...He was brazen, wasn't he...

I wouldn't rule it out, that's for sure!
Who killed Adrienne Salinas?
In Loving Memory of Jessica Ridgeway

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member