GUILTY CO - Ashley Mead, 25, & daughter (fnd safe), 1, Boulder, 12 Feb 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont think it has been mentioned but is it known how Ashley went missing with it. Did she leave willingly, was she taken by force or threatened?
My heart breaks for Winter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It gets even worse. Because it's graphic I won't post anything from this article that's too descriptive. If you're not squeamish you can read the rest for yourself.

Densmore’s exact travel route between Sunday and Wednesday remains under investigation.

“We believe he left boulder then traveled south to Colorado Springs and Pueblo then once he hit New Mexico, he shot south and east through the Texas Panhandle and then to Louisiana,” said Boulder Police Department spokeswoman Shannon Cordingly.
Police believe that a portion of Mead’s body could be in a purple Reba brand suitcase. If anyone sees a suitcase in an odd location, they are asked not to touch it and contact police immediately.

Police believe the remains must be in at least one suitcase that matches that set.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/02/17/police-ask-for-help-to-locate-young-mothers-remains/

:tears: Only a monster could do this.

I just came across this case while reading another news article from a local station so came over and found Ashleys thread. How absolutely beyond horrific and sickening. It takes a monster to do something like this. :tears:

"They lived together, but it was not a romantic or sexual relationship," said Jeknavorian. "He never really worked. She was the bread-winner, and he watched Winter."

But Jeknavorian said that Mead recently met someone, and decided to tell Densmore about it last week.

"She told him about it, and he cried, and then he apologized to her. But then he kept drinking, and he would say 'I’m drinking because of you. You’ve made me an alcoholic,'" said Jeknavorian, who had been talking and texting with Mead all week. "I think that he just saw that she was so happy, and he was just so miserable. I don’t know. I think that he just snapped."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new.../boulder-mother-dismembered-remains-scattered

ETA from the article:

"Ashley and Winter frequented the libraries in Boulder, and librarians we spoke to said that they recognized her," stated Owen Brown, a friend of Ashley's, in a statement. "We will invite the community to share loving thoughts, memories, and wishes for this beautiful woman. Please wear bright colors, tie dy

So here we have a loving mom who wasn't on drugs or abusive to her child - refreshing compared to so many other cases - and this monster couldn't stand that she was happy in a new relationship.

I "knew" Ashley from some parenting/babywearing groups. Not well, but enough to recognize her. She was an attached parent who wanted good things for her kid. I'm shocked by this.

this is so ghastly. I hope the rest of her is found.

RIP Ashley, I pray that Winter grows up surrounded by love

Perhaps slightly off topic but something I've been wondering...

When tragic stories like this one unfold with a citizen locating remains in a dumpster, who is that citizen? Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious but is it assumed they are vagrants or homeless? Or maybe just someone who notices something out of place?

When tragic stories like this one unfold with a citizen locating remains in a dumpster, who is that citizen? Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious but is it assumed they are vagrants or homeless? Or maybe just someone who notices something out of place?

I have always wondered this as well. Same as when people find body parts in garbage bags on the side of the road - I always wonder who it was that pulled over/walked over to open the bag.

Back on topic, this is horrifically sad. RIP, Ashley.

I have always wondered this as well. Same as when people find body parts in garbage bags on the side of the road - I always wonder who it was that pulled over/walked over to open the bag.

Back on topic, this is horrifically sad. RIP, Ashley.

I know the details of one tragic case. The bag was found by a crew doing roadside cleanup. They assumed it was a dead animal and flagged down an animal control officer who was in the area. She opened the bag and discovered it was the torso of a young girl who had gone missing a few days earlier.

As for Ashley on post #9 it says an employee of the business. He prob went to throw trash in and...curious, saw blood?? Very sad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

According to the affidavit, all of the organs had been removed from the body.

Police believe the rest of Mead’s remains may be in another purple suitcase discarded somewhere between Louisiana and Oklahoma.

more in the link.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/0...-torso-of-missing-boulder-mother-ashley-mead/

Densmore, who is being held without bond, is scheduled for a motions hearing on March 16 and a preliminary hearing on May 4.

Hello websleuthers. Brand new here and with an update on Ashley's case.

I wanted to start, though, by thanking you for all your care and focus on Ashley and Winter. I did not know Ashley personally but most of my friends and neighbors knew or at least knew of her. We graduated from the same tiny high school in Northwest Pennsylvania (albeit 14 years apart). To give you the scope of the community we both grew up in, our high school consistently graduates around 55 seniors each year. The population of the county seat is just below 10,000, with the surrounding communities like our own being much, much smaller. Many of us leave this idyllic little valley in the Allegheny National Forest but a very large percentage ultimately return at some point later in life either to settle down and raise a family or to enjoy our golden years in the beautiful place we were raised.

It breaks my heart that Ashley will never have that opportunity.

The public location people in our community have been getting our updates from is The Daily Camera out of Boulder CO. Mitchell Byars, their journalist on the case, has been doing a phenomenal job. Here is his latest update from about two hours ago:

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_30833390/ashley-mead-boulder-murder-arrest-affidavit

I'm not going to quote any of it here at the risk of having something go wonky. Just know that this is looking as though it may well be much worse than any of us anticipated.

-Jen

[h=1]Boulder DA won't seek death penalty in Ashley Mead murder case[/h]
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...eek-death-penalty-densmore-ashley-mead-murder

"This is simply one of the decisions that has to be made in connection with a first-degree murder case, and it's a decision we made after a review of the evidence in this case," Garnett said.

[snip]

Densmore still faces life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted on the first-degree murder charge.

He is being held without bond in Boulder County Jail as he awaits a motions hearing March 16 and then a preliminary hearing May 4.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back