GUILTY CO - Austin Davis, 3, home alone 4 days, found dead, Steamboat Springs, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
McKeon later told police there was no baby sitter, and she “instead would leave him food and put on a movie for him before leaving him alone when she went to work,” the affidavit states. McKeon said she had been leaving the boy home alone for at least a month while she was at work, the affidavit states.

“This would be at least 20 times that (the boy) was left alone in the cabin while McKeon went to work,” the affidavit states.

But she was working! She's a single mother fighting against the odds! Where is the compassion??? /S

Disgusted.

Yes, I wonder why folks are raising $100,000 plus for this poor struggling working mom?

I had to leave that discussion - at least the true facts of that one are now coming to light.

Yes, I wonder why folks are raising $100,000 plus for this poor struggling working mom?

I had to leave that discussion - at least the true facts of that one are now coming to light.

Right!? This girl's priorities are definitely crystal clear. Bless his little precious heart.

What he suffered is just plain & simply pure hell. A 3 year old, left alone for 4 days. More than likely he experienced anxiety after the first 2 hours when the movie #1 mom says she put in for him ended.. The 1st 2 hours.. & He was probably trying to learn to potty train. No bathroom in there.. 4 days..

A "mother" if you want to call her that, like this.. He NEVER had a chance.

I hate people sometimes.

Rest in peace little one.

I am so angry right now. And heartsick. That poor little guy must've been so scared and lonely and hungry. How can a mother be so callous? So completely self-absorbed?

Where were the other family members? Did no one notice that this baby was being neglected? Not that they are responsible for the egg donor's behavior....but still.....the signs are usually there before a tragedy like this happens. What about her friends? I find it hard to believe that no one saw anything suspicious.

Somehow we have to get these troubled girls to understand that there is the option of giving a baby up for adoption if child rearing is not something they really want to do. Or when the reality of being responsible for a child all day every day becomes too much....it can be an acceptable way out for a woman who can't or won't be a good mother.
There are just too many young women unequipped to care for the babies they are having, and these children are dying due to abuse and neglect.

I just can't stand it.

I would consider it first degree murder. If you locked a pet in a cage for four days without any food or water, you probably know there is only one likely result and a very cruel one too.

Sorry for him.

I would consider it first degree murder. If you locked a pet in a cage for four days without any food or water, you probably know there is only one likely result and a very cruel one too.

Sorry for him.

Exactly. There is a serious disconnect that now exists in the world.

I not only treat my pets better than this, I treat my plants better than this.

If there is a freeze warning, I bring them inside, etc.

This was a human being, who needed her. Depended on her for his existence.

She is a piece of cr*p.

Wish I would not have clicked this link, how truly awful. I cannot believe that the person who was suppose to always love and protect him failed so miserablely. I will not calll her a mother, and struggle to even think of her as a human. Simply put she is scum. This should be a murder charge IMO. To not even call the grandmother? What a lazy, selfish . I truly hope she is haunted by his face day in and day out. I hope she never has a night of good sleep again. I honestly wish there was a law that would allow for an eye for an eye, and we could do to her what she did to him. Just lock her away. No food, no water. I try really hard to practice forgiveness, but I simply cannot fathom such recklessness, when a child is at stake none the less. Literally, what a joke of an excuse for a human being and a mother. I am so mad and heartbroken. Every child deserves to feel loved and safe, the fact people deprive them of this makes me sick.

Someone up thread said they wished they didn't click this thread. I agree.

How this poor child must have suffered. To die in fear, alone, nobody to love you - horrific!

I hope the egg donor gets the max and then some.

Police believe Austin's mother, Meghan McKeon, might have left Austin home alone for four days. McKeon has been charged with two counts of felony child abuse resulting in death. She remains in custody with bond set at $250,000 and appeared in court Wednesday.

SNIP

The two charges filed against McKeon are Class 2 felonies that carry presumptive sentencing ranges of between eight and 24 years.

http://m.steamboattoday.com/news/20...-old-died-extreme-dehydrati/?templates=mobile

1622056_10201813935965365_117472648_n.jpg

Super mom in all her self involved glory. I should step out for a while from this thread. This one gets me so heated so fast it is very difficult to post responsibly

http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2014/may/27/autopsy-report-classifies-3-year-olds-death-homici/

Steamboat Springs — Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg complied with a judge's order Tuesday and made public the autopsy report for the toddler who police believe was left alone for four days in a Steamboat Springs cabin.

Forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Burson concluded after reviewing the toxicology test results that Austin Davis died from “severe dehydration.”

“This is represented by the electrolyte levels,” Burson wrote.

snip

Based on the toxicology tests, autopsy findings and the suspected circumstances of the death, Burson stated it was his opinion that the manner of Austin’s death was homicide.

RIP little Austin.

I should step out for a while from this thread. This one gets me so heated so fast it is very difficult to post responsibly

There's some threads (like this one) that I actually regard as bad for my own well-being, the distress caused by imagining this child's pain literally makes me ill.

I don't even have words for what I think about this poor baby's 'parents'. What I will say is this: there are people who could have stepped in saved him from those morons, and repeatedly did not.

That makes them responsible for his death too, IMO. What a pity they'll never see consequences for it.

This makes me so angry. I treat my dog better then this!!! I say let's lock her up till she dies of dehydration!!!!

These charges are way too light for this woman! Would premeditated murder be applicable? It is obvious that what she left him to eat is not enough food or liquid for 90 hours!

And then her story of the child's father calling to check on him, is when she discovers him dead. Her disinterest in the child is so obvious! This is why a heavier charge needs to be against her. IMO

These charges are way too light for this woman! Would premeditated murder be applicable? It is obvious that what she left him to eat is not enough food or liquid for 90 hours!

And then her story of the child's father calling to check on him, is when she discovers him dead. Her disinterest in the child is so obvious! This is why a heavier charge needs to be against her. IMO

I agree. To me is seems like she left him and waited and waited till she new he would be dead to go back. Either way yet another child is dead when it could of been prevented.

Her future uh roommates will serve a little justice, I believe.... At least there's that :(

I don't know how to feel about this plea deal. IMO she was way undercharged.

A 22 year sentence on a fatal child abuse case, I can imagine that she would have received quite a bit more time if the charges were elevated.

But, she wasn't. So, instead, she will be out in her mid-40s. I'd feel a lot better if I knew for certain she cod never have children again. :cow: It doesn't seem right - or fair - that her sentence is less than her age, especially when her direct choices and actions robbed this beautiful little boy of every chance at life.

81229884f4621a7c509f4ec6fc11f492.jpg

I will never stop believing this was murder.

In fact, one could make the argument that she's just gotten away with felony murder.

Just not right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne