GUILTY CO - Bruce, 27, Debra, 26, & Melissa Bennett, 7, murdered, Aurora, 16 Jan 1984 *inmate arrest 2019*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They tried the genetic genealogy route, it gave them a possible and turns out correct surname (Ewing) but didnt lead to the subject, Nevada finally implemented its provision to retroactively collect DNA from inmates incarcerated prior to the DNA collection upon arrest/convcition and that resulted in his DNA being entered into CODIS and the match.

It took until July 2018 for Nevada to upload this monster's DNA into a database? I have so many questions. He's been in their custody for over 30 years. He should have been ID'ed through DNA years ago! I'm so glad he has finally been ID'ed, but this is pretty pathetic on Nevada's part.

It took until July 2018 for Nevada to upload this monster's DNA into a database? I have so many questions. He's been in their custody for over 30 years. He should have been ID'ed through DNA years ago! I'm so glad he has finally been ID'ed, but this is pretty pathetic on Nevada's part.
I guess the good news is, he was caught almost immediately after leaving CO for Nevada so at least he's not been able to destroy any one else's life all this time.

I'm honestly a little fuzzy on the whole genetic genealogy thing and how that played into things. From what was said at the presser, the DNA submitted to CODIS was a match for DNA already on file from PS's case and the Bennett family case.

So obviously genetic genealogy didn't play a role in the solving of this case.

Quoting myself to say I'm quite stunned. All this time I thought both mother and deceased 7yr old were both sexually assaulted but according to the 2002 redacted affidavit, the mother was not sexually assaulted at all, but BOTH little girls were.
:mad:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they have his criminal history mixed up regarding the AZ and NV crimes.
764.JPG
Here's what I think it should read,

(1979) burglary, Florida
(1979) burglary, California
(1979) grand theft and burglary, Arizona
(1980) burglary, California
(1981) FOJ, California
(1982) criminal trespass and burglary, California
(1984) attempt first degree murder, Arizona
(1984) escape, Nevada
(1984) attempt first degree murder x2, Nevada

NEW: Police release photos from the 1980s of Alex Christopher Ewing, suspect in 1984 hammer killings of Patricia Louise Smith and Bruce, Debra and Melissa Bennett. #9WantsToKnow #9NEWS

DkQCIQ_U0AAlRfW.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowTheBoat