Found Deceased CO - Christine Cummings, 32, possibly hiking, Fort Collins, 29 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Heartbreaking. :( Prayers going up for her family and loved ones.

Rest peacefully, Christine.
g10008.gif

"Foul play is not suspected"
Fort Collins Police Services With a heavy heart, we have an update in the missing person case. A deceased woman, believed to be Christine Cummings, has been located by search and rescue teams....Based on the facts and evidence gathered during the investigation, foul play is not suspected....
@swedeheart sbm thx for your post & link. I wonder:
Did LE say that ^ as place-filler/default, pending ID and autopsy?
Or because LE has not found even a whisper of a hint of a suspicion of a scintilla of a clue of foul play?

Where's the dog? Sorry to repeat from my post 54, but dog's location and condition could tell LE (and us) a lot about CC's intention/non-intention to leave her home and end up 1:45 min away from home.

Seems if CC planned to be away for a looong day or overnight & arranged dog care w friend or kennel, someone would have blabbed on soc media or to MSM by now, but hopefully spoken to LE. And likely she would have taken other gear in addition to hiking boots.
Was dog found w her?
Sad, sad, sad.

Doggo?
@osu Thx for your post & link. This link* has an undated pic of CC w small white dog on her lap. It's next to pic of Jeep (actually "eep" ;) w a bunny rabbit at passenger side rear tire.)

If the dog is hers & still living, and if she planned to be away for a loooong day or overnight, did she ---
- Arrange for someone to care for it at her home?
- Drop off at kennel/doggy care/friend's house?
- Take w her on hike on trail? Decided it was too cold/wet to take on trail, so left dog in blankets in Jeep?
{{{ETA:
Or did CC not plan to be away long enough for dog to need care?
Or did she have no chance to arrange for dog care?
Or was CC taken involuntarily from her home or other location, e.g. grocery store?}}}
Where is the dog?

Skimming so fast on this thread & links, I may be ;)ticketed for speeding;), so couldda missed any references to dog.
Hoping she is found safe and soon.

* Christine Cummings remains missing since December 29, 2020 in Rocky Mountain National Park or surrounding area — Missing in U.S. National Parks and Forests

Other than the undated photo referenced, I've seen no evidence or reports that CC owned a dog. Did you find otherwise @al66pine?

Oh no, I was really hoping for a better outcome for this beautiful young woman. Very very sad. :(

My condolences to Christine’s family, friends, and all who loved and cared for her.

Rest peacefully, Christine.

The trailhead where Christine’s vehicle was found in inside an area closed since the Cameron Peak fire. That may be the reason it took so long to locate.

The mountains around here are scenic but can also be dangerous. Roughly half of Larimer County has no cell phone coverage. The only way to get help on the trail is for someone to hike out.

The trailhead where Christine’s vehicle was found in inside an area closed since the Cameron Peak fire. That may be the reason it took so long to locate.

The mountains around here are scenic but can also be dangerous. Roughly half of Larimer County has no cell phone coverage. The only way to get help on the trail is for someone to hike out.
IMO JMO this was a planned one-way trip.

I assume it's bc she was newly separated from her husband (a few months).

Moo.

That's really tough. I wonder if running, especially during this time, was a good escape/distraction for her? It sounds like she was a rock star runner.

She could have slipped/fell and suffered a traumatic head injury. Maybe she picked the closed trailhead location because she wanted privacy.

It appears they found her rather quickly after discovering her car. Perhaps whatever event happened, it was soon after she stepped on the trail. IMO

That's really tough. I wonder if running, especially during this time, was a good escape/distraction for her? It sounds like she was a rock star runner.

She could have slipped/fell and suffered a traumatic head injury. Maybe she picked the closed trailhead location because she wanted privacy.

It appears they found her rather quickly after discovering her car. Perhaps whatever event happened, it was soon after she stepped on the trail. IMO
She was found in her sleeping bag according to her brothers statement yesterday. An accident just doesn’t jive with that information

The link below updated yesterday, 1/6/21 @ 12:25pm, Missing in U.S. National Parks and Forests, issued a statement offering their condolences to Christine’s family and friends, and states per Christine’s brother, her body was found in a sleeping bag about 5 miles from where her vehicle was located. :(

Missing in U.S. National Parks and Forests

RIP Christine

She was found in her sleeping bag according to her brothers statement yesterday. An accident just doesn’t jive with that information

I didn't know that. Agreed, accident seems very unlikely then. IIRC, LE stated they don't believe foul play was involved. This appears to be a healthy young woman who was experiencing a life changing event (separation from husband). Maybe she didn't have any intention of returning. I hate to speculate in that direction. This doesn't sound like a scenario where someone got lost, no way to communicate an ER, then succumbed to the environment. Whatever happened, it’s terribly sad. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back