CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She doesn't demand much, does she? Just everything. I hope she lost.

Yes, she did lose

Now I have some questions. Did anyone ever search foster care in the entire United States for a child of Christopher's description? Whomever ended up with the child may not have been fit to keep him. Or, he could have been abandoned across the country. Across the Canadian border.
How many of you know that anyone could carry a child up to the age of 2 years old on a plane going anywhere inside and sometimes outside the U.S. without any ID for the child? A baby Christopher's age wouldn't have been looked at twice. Especially if he was dressed like a girl. Child traffickers, child abductors, tricks of the trade.
This search should have been global three decades or more ago.
Those big, blue eyes would be hard to miss.

I know the Abeyta's traveled the US looking for Christopher. On the family website, it says they searched world wide depending on the tips they got.

As I've said, I think he was given to someone that was looking to adopt a baby. It's very possible he ended up in foster care or even in another country like Canada or Mexico because it was so easy to border cross back then.

It was a whole different world where people weren't given a social at birth. I was given the social security app at the hospital September of 1985 when I had my son. We could file it on our own. When I had my daughter in 1993 I had to do the social and birth certificate before I left.

Does anybody know if EB has any connection to Big Horn county, Wyoming? I think I found something very interesting...
Unknown Child Unknown (Unknown-1988) - Find A...
In October 1988 the body of a 1-2yo boy was found in Big Horn county, WY. This poor little guy does not have a NAMUS page or a NCMEC poster- he does have a blue dot on a map on missingkids.org (which is how initially found him).
I reported this to CBI (who forwarded it to cspd), NCMEC and doenetwork.org a couple weeks ago.
Looking at NAMUS missing profiles of kids from that period IMHO... Christopher is the only one that makes sense.
I'm just worried that the police won't follow up.
I did a Whitepages search and I can see there are people living in Big Horn county, WY with the same last name as EB... Could be just a coincidence

Does anybody know if EB has any connection to Big Horn county, Wyoming? I think I found something very interesting...
In October 1988 the body of a 1-2yo boy was found in Big Horn county, WY. This poor little guy does not have a NAMUS page or a NCMEC poster- he does have a blue dot on a map on missingkids.org (which is how initially found him).
I reported this to CBI (who forwarded it to cspd), NCMEC and doenetwork.org a couple weeks ago.
Looking at NAMUS missing profiles of kids from that period IMHO... Christopher is the only one that makes sense.
I did a Whitepages search and I can see there are people living in Big Horn county, WY with the same last name as EB... Could be just a coincidence

That is just so so sad!! That poor innocent baby. Breaks my heart. I don't know if EB had any connection to that location, but with Christopher being born around Jan 1986 and this baby dying around October 1988, that would make Chris almost 3 yrs old at that time. I don't know how easy it is to confuse a 1-2 yr-old with a 3-yr-old corpse especially if the poor baby was starved to death or something similar. :-(

That is just so so sad!! That poor innocent baby. Breaks my heart. I don't know if EB had any connection to that location, but with Christopher being born around Jan 1986 and this baby dying around October 1988, that would make Chris almost 3 yrs old at that time. I don't know how easy it is to confuse a 1-2 yr-old with a 3-yr-old corpse especially if the poor baby was starved to death or something similar. :-(
So... I don't know that that's actually that date the baby died... On missingkids it says that he was "found" on that date (actually the day before the date on the tombstone) I think that they just didn't have a better way to state that on that particular stone (only room for dates, not description).

Yes, she did lose

I know the Abeyta's traveled the US looking for Christopher. On the family website, it says they searched world wide depending on the tips they got.

As I've said, I think he was given to someone that was looking to adopt a baby. It's very possible he ended up in foster care or even in another country like Canada or Mexico because it was so easy to border cross back then.

It was a whole different world where people weren't given a social at birth. I was given the social security app at the hospital September of 1985 when I had my son. We could file it on our own. When I had my daughter in 1993 I had to do the social and birth certificate before I left.

Yes, but that was the IRS's doing.

Do you know anything about flights around the country and international? Do children under two now require identification or passports? And even if they do, it's probably easy enough for someone to forge one or fake one, after all, adults do it.

I know when Sabrina Aisenberg disappeared, I wondered how far she could have been from her home by the time they started looking for her, and whether she could have already been on an international flight. I feel the same way about Christopher. They could at least have been across the country.

I hate to mention this, because the case is so old, I can't give you the evidence/proof. But it was solved because of a detective that wouldn't give up and The NCMEC, where the cop found the picture of the little girl.
A little girl disappeared from her home in Cali, she was, I believe, about 18 months old. Mom and Dad had their two little kids in bed with them, they woke up, the front door was open and one of their children was gone. The people had lived in a house divided into apartments. A lot happened and years passed. Some guy said he took the little girl, I don't remember his excuse, but he was a criminal. The guy said he took the little girl to a female he knew, and told her his wife had died, would she keep the child till he came back. The female disappeared with the baby.
CPS was called about six years or so later, I think in Puerto Rico. They discovered the child was not the biological daughter of the woman being reported. (I think this is before new and improved DNA testing.) This detective went on an exhaustive search for the identity of the little girl, and came upon a photo of the missing little girl. He said he recognized her 'because of her smile'. CPS investigated the biological parents before they returned the little girl. The woman in Puerto Rico had lived near LA when the child was reported missing, from somewhere more to the north in California, and she moved home to Puerto Rico with the little girl not long after the girl was brought to her. She said she didn't know the little girl was abducted. (I read this in a Reader's Digest well over twenty years ago.)

I have noticed that in some cases, at least, if a child is say, less than six years old but more than 5 years old, the description lists the child at the younger age.

I wonder why this child you mention from WY doesn't have a NamUs case, etc? Makes me wonder how hard LE has worked his case, not to judge, but what if they could solve it through DNA or a NamUs profile, or wide media release of the case details?

I wonder why this child you mention from WY doesn't have a NamUs case, etc? Makes me wonder how hard LE has worked his case, not to judge, but what if they could solve it through DNA or a NamUs profile, or wide media release of the case details?

He most likely doesn't have a NCMEC poster because DUHo_O (I am such a ditz) he is unidentified. He does have a dot on their map of the U.S. showing him as unidentified body found. Perhaps he went missing from another location, another state, another country, or he did not have a birth certificate, etc. or photographs.
NCMEC has a map with the long term missing and unidentified children, and there are hundreds of dots on that map, both of unidentified bodies and missing children.
This unidentified child doesn't have a NamUS account, but some of the unidentified bodies don't have the sex or race. Sheesh. This is tragic.

I'm hoping that since I suggested the match to doenetwork (and others) that the body will be exhumed and DNA will be taken.
(I suggested a match for another boy and a body that didn't have a namus profile a while back... That body now had a namus profile and I even got an email when they concluded that it was not a match).

Missing Colorado Springs child Christopher Abeyta featured in Netflix series

Christopher Abeyta, who went missing from his crib in Colorado Springs in 1986 when he was 7 months old, was one of several missing persons featured in a recent episode of the Netflix series "Unsolved Mysteries."

The episode entitled "Stolen Kids" dropped Oct. 19 on the streaming service and primarily focuses on two toddlers who vanished from the same New York City park in 1989. It concludes by showing the pictures of several children, including Abeyta, who were abducted and includes when and where they were last seen.

Also displayed is a photo of what the missing children would like at their current projected age. In 2020 Abeyta would have turned 34.

The heartbreaking Abeyta case has often garnered national and local attention.

In 2018, Colorado Springs police received three tips about men who could have been the long-missing boy, whose family hasn't given up hope of finding him as an adult. All three men voluntarily provided DNA samples and results came out in early 2019. It was determined that none of them were Abetya.

In 2017 Christopher's mother, Bernice, died from cancer. In August of 2020 Christopher's father, Gil, died after having a heart attack.

Missing Colorado Springs child Christopher Abeyta featured in Netflix series

Christopher Abeyta, who went missing from his crib in Colorado Springs in 1986 when he was 7 months old, was one of several missing persons featured in a recent episode of the Netflix series "Unsolved Mysteries."

The episode entitled "Stolen Kids" dropped Oct. 19 on the streaming service and primarily focuses on two toddlers who vanished from the same New York City park in 1989. It concludes by showing the pictures of several children, including Abeyta, who were abducted and includes when and where they were last seen.

Also displayed is a photo of what the missing children would like at their current projected age. In 2020 Abeyta would have turned 34.

The heartbreaking Abeyta case has often garnered national and local attention.

In 2018, Colorado Springs police received three tips about men who could have been the long-missing boy, whose family hasn't given up hope of finding him as an adult. All three men voluntarily provided DNA samples and results came out in early 2019. It was determined that none of them were Abetya.

In 2017 Christopher's mother, Bernice, died from cancer. In August of 2020 Christopher's father, Gil, died after having a heart attack.

Christopher was 35 this last birthday in 2020. He's a few months younger then my son. I know you're just saying what the article said. They're wrong.

After reading this case, I have some theories and I’m 100% convinced that Emma Bradshaw was indeed the kidnapper and I’m going to explain why I think this below and then my theory:

1.) Emma had a history of break-ins and depending on how successful she was at doing so, she might’ve developed a strategy or something that would keep her from being heard when she got into someone’s home

2.) Emma missed her shift at her job the very next day after Christopher’s abduction. This is awfully convenient and suspicious due to the timing

3.) Emma was never questioned nor considered a suspect to police because they initially focused on his family as potential suspects in the case. She still isn’t really a suspect. If so, she had opportunity and time to get away with the entire kidnapping scheme.

4.) There’s been mention that miss Emma might’ve had LE connections which would further work in her favor in this situation

Now comes my theory:

Emma would’ve been extremely angry with Christopher’s father who chose to work on his marriage with his mother over his affair with her. It was his fathers first night back inside the home after all. I believe she entered the home with initial intent to harm one or both of Christopher’s parents but saw him sleeping in the crib and elected to take him instead.

I believe Emma gave Christopher to a family who wanted a child or took him out of the country. If she gave him to people she might’ve used an alias or different name while doing so. She might’ve even lied that she was her own child. I feel the search for Christopher was quite local when he initially disappeared and it’s possible he was already across state lines when it was discovered he had been taken.

If Emma lied to the people that she gave the child to, they might not even know that he was kidnapped/missing. Since Christopher was so young, he likely did not know about his really family while being brought up in a different environment. We can only hope that if this is what happened, he will question his true heritage and maybe pit his DNA into a familial database where it could be matched to his real family.

I believe Christopher is either somewhere in the United States or in a foreign, but close country. The thing that is difficult about potentially finding him
Online is that he has a very basic set of characteristics (blonde hair, blue eyes, Caucasian, etc) but I hope someday a sleuth can find him.

I believe Christopher is either somewhere in the United States or in a foreign, but close country. The thing that is difficult about potentially finding him
Online is that he has a very basic set of characteristics (blonde hair, blue eyes, Caucasian, etc) but I hope someday a sleuth can find him.

Any particular reason you think he's still alive and she didn't just dispose of Christopher somewhere?

Any particular reason you think he's still alive and she didn't just dispose of Christopher somewhere?
For one, I once heard that someone found her Facebook with a photo of a man who looked almost exactly like Christopher. Plus there’s no evidence that he’s dead and I just have a strong feeling with this case that he’ll be found safe and sound some day.

There are two statutes that would apply: False Reporting to Authorities (18-8-111) which states if you provide information to a police officer that is knowingly false and that information applies to an investigation then the person can be charged under this offense. It is a class 3 misdemeanor. The second charge is Attempt to Influence a Public Servant, 18-8-306. This statute covers discussions with police officers; when an individual knowingly provides false information to a public servant with the hope they rely on that information. This is a class 4 felony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phenomanon
Back