CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Saying a prayer for Christopher's mother that the new targeted therapy works a miracle! Some of the clinical trials offer a lot of hope. My dad was going to do a stem cell clinical trial but his cancer took over before he could get the stem cells

Christopher Abeyta posted November 14 at 1:51pm ·

UPDATE: Christopher's mom is battling stage 4 cancer. She has been participating in clinical research where genetic testing was done on the tumor and doctors target the tumor with drugs. Some science suggests this may slow the growth. She wants to thank everyone who has sent cards...your thoughtful words mean so much to her and lift her spirits. Thank you so much for your prayers, and continued support.

Cards can be mailed to:
Bernice Abeyta
7 Jade Avenue
Manitou Springs CO 80829

Mom’s dying wish is to find her son who went missing 30 years ago

Christopher Abeyta shared their post. November 15 at 10:48pm ·

LATEST UPDATE: The Colorado Springs Police Department has obtained all court documents in regard to the civil suit filed against Christopher's family. We recently were informed the Colorado Springs District Attorney's office has assigned a district attorney to Christopher's case--this is great news for Christopher's case.

We are thankful to those who have had the courage to come forward with information and the team of investigators. To those of you who have made the decision to "not get involved" -- God see's all things.

Truth, Answers, Justice for Christopher Abeyta. Call Detective Montez with your tip 719-482-7179.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Te...a-taken-from-crib-30-years-ago-380556791.html

"Until her dying day, Bernice believed justice would be served for her son Christopher, stolen from his crib nearly 31 years ago."

"Bernice died in her Colorado Springs home surrounded by family. We are told they will hold a celebration of life memorial for Bernice on Feb. 18."

How sad. My heart breaks for her family

Christopher Abeyta posted 4 hrs ago

Last night, Christopher's mother, Bernice Abeyta lost her struggle with cancer. Her selflessness and love for others was unmatched. Christopher was her youngest son, and was kidnapped 30 years ago leaving a hole in her heart that was never filled. She never stopped searching for her son. The beauty of Bernice was she displayed such love for those around her despite the pain she carried every day. She was a loving, kind, courageous woman and will be missed terribly.

My heart breaks for Christophers family. They lost their mother, now their father suffered a stroke from losing his wife. Saying prayers that he will be ok

Christopher Abeyta - 11 hrs ·

Thank you all for your condolences, thoughts, and prayers. Christopher's father suffered a stroke yesterday following Bernice's death and has been hospitalized.

Bernice Abeyta, who spent 31 years searching for missing Colorado Springs son, dies without answers - By: Kaitlin Durbin - February 13, 2017 Updated: February 14, 2017 at 9:52 am

Christopher Abeyta replied 10 hrs ago - He is grief stricken and Doctors say the stroke was triggered by the tragedy.

"It's like a dark cloud over your head that doesn't go away," said Linnea Abeyta.

Abeyta traveled to Denver with her aunt and sister from Colorado Springs. Abeyta's baby brother, Christopher, was snatched from his crib in the middle of the night in 1986.

Linnea said her mom recently passed away with cancer, and she never gave up on trying to find her youngest son.

Abeyta came to the Missing in Colorado event to offer support to other families.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...esources-to-families-searching-for-loved-ones

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-looking-for-missing-child-christopher-abeyta

abeyta_1353434524877_329783_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/10/24/dr-phil-christopher-abeyta-kidnapping/

Dr. Phil Unravels Mystery Behind Baby Kidnapped In 1986

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4)– It’s a cold case that’s gone unsolved for more than 30 years. Now, Dr. Phil tries to unravel the mystery behind the kidnapping with a Colorado connection.

Bernice Abeyta lost her son Christopher more than 30 years ago. He was just seven months old in July 1986 when he was snatched from his crib in his bedroom in the family’s Colorado Springs home in the middle of the night.

On Dr. Phil at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Christopher’s father and older sister are talking about their years of heartache.

https://www.drphil.com/videos/dying...-for-missing-son-i-just-want-you-to-be-happy/

[FONT=&quot]“Christopher, I want to tell you if I’m not here you couldn’t even imagine how much your whole family has loved you and missed you,” says Bernice on the video recording.” She continues, “We were determined to get you back and that’s what we’ve worked on for all these years. I don’t think there’s anything else we could have done. Whatever your choices have been in life, I just want you to be happy.”

[/FONT]

https://www.drphil.com/videos/colorado-family-still-searching-31-years-after-baby-boys-abduction/

[FONT=&quot]It’s been 31 years since seven-month-old Christopher Abeyta vanished from his crib in the middle of the night.

TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Are you involved in a story that has made the headlines?

“We need him desperately. I can’t live without him. I want whoever has him, please bring him back to me,” said the baby’s mother, Bernice, at the time of the baby’s disappearance in 1986. “I need him worse than you could ever imagine.”

Bernice Abeyta died last year without ever knowing what happened to her child, Christopher. The 7-month-old baby’s disappearance was considered the most high profile missing person’s case in Colorado Springs in 1986.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s been 31 years since seven-month-old Christopher Abeyta vanished from his crib in the middle of the night.

TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Are you involved in a story that has made the headlines?

“We need him desperately. I can’t live without him. I want whoever has him, please bring him back to me,” said the baby’s mother, Bernice, at the time of the baby’s disappearance in 1986. “I need him worse than you could ever imagine.”

Bernice Abeyta died last year without ever knowing what happened to her child, Christopher. The 7-month-old baby’s disappearance was considered the most high profile missing person’s case in Colorado Springs in 1986.
[/FONT]

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation FB page, they have a person of interest.

No indication of he is possibly alive?

The family knew who the person of interest was for years the initial investigation was blotched and improperly handled Christopher’s mother died without knowing what happened to her son. They were on doctor phill and dr phill reached out to the poi but she refused to speak
To them. (I follow all of the Facebook updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our door was often unlocked at night. We lived in an upper middle class neighborhood in 1986. Christophers siblings were teenagers and woud come and go. Go to this link to see the layout of the home: http://www.youtube.com/user/findchristopher
The room was absolutely not cluttered. There was a waterbed, nightstand, crib, and dresser. The morning of Christopher's disappearance my Mom woke up and went to the crib to see it was empty. She tossed over a laundry basket and was running all over the house stumbling down the stairs. She was in her nightgown and once we called the Police she went into her bedroom to put on clothes. She was so frantic she couldn't even dress herself. When she pulled open her dresser drawer to put undergarments on the drawer fell on the floor. The dresser was near the window, not in the pathway of the door to the crib. When the Police got there they took photos of this and assumed this was on the floor the night before. They NEVER asked any of us about this. I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night. I was the first person to see my Parents that morning and hear my Mother's voice as she screamed out, "Christopher, he's not here!" And she had pure panic in her eyes. Yet, the Detectives only interviewed me a short time in his car the morning of my brothers disappearance?

I listened to "The Vanished" podcast last night (Part 1 of Christopher Abeyta's disappearance); the detective asked the sister (that must be you!) who gives the interview on the podcast: "Does anyone (in your house/among your family members) look like they have not slept all night? I am paraphrasing here, but, in other words, the question was: "Does anyone look like they have been up all night?" -- and therefore -- suspicious. Your answer was "no." Your poor mother, having been the only suspect in the eyes of LE! But, sounds like she took the bull by the horns and launched her own thorough investigation. She was a strong woman. All of you have shown remarkable strength and character in the face of such tragedy! You have handled it all very admirably.

This question by the detective made me think of the JonBenet Ramsey case. When police arrived on the scene, Patsy Ramsey was wearing the same clothes with full makeup from the night before, which gave the appearance that she had not slept all night.

As soon as part 2 of The Vanished podcast is available, I will listen to that as well. In the meatime, I am reading here. Thus far, I am convinced that the EB woman was absolutely the one who kidnapped Christopher. Since I haven't finished reading the thread, I do not know what has become of her. I suspect she may be deceased? Or, if not, LE deems that they do not have enough evidence against her to prosecute? I will read on.

Thank you. You were wonderful on the podcast and provided us with some much needed accurate and valuable information about your brother's kidnapping. Your video of the crime scene was excellent. I hope that Christopher is located. May God bless you and your family.

She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

According to "The Vanished" podcast, part 1 of the disappearance of Christopher Abeyta, there was a napkin found in the driveway. I don't know what significance that has, if any, because I have yet to read the rest of this thread or listen to part 2 of the podcast.

The suspect, EB was contacted by local media to get her side of the story and she never returned their calls. She has only been interviewed at her home twice! She lives in Castle Rock Colorado with her adult son and his teenage daughter. She is single and was only married once in the late 60's and divorced after a couple of years. Her ex-husband was interviewed by my Mom and he said he felt she was "capable" of kidnapping Christopher. He told my Mom that when she was pregnant with their son she claimed that a knife accidentally slipped off the counter into her pregnant stomach injuring her unborn child. He said he saw her with scissors one day cutting up family photos into little pieces and putting them in the trash. Her ex-husband passed away a couple of years ago. He was a good source of information. When my Mom tracked him down and interviewed him she gave this information to LE but they still didn't take investigative steps toward our suspect.

Wow! Your mom did some awesome investigative work. Better than LE did at the time, that's for sure.

Per her co-worker, EB missed work the day Christopher was kidnapped. The co-worker was interviewed by my Mom, but it wasn't until a year after Christopher's disappearance. The co-worker was going to call crime stoppers and report Emma for some suspicious behavior after Christophers kidnapping, but didn't . The reason she didn't was because my Mom failed the polygraph and she said she figured LE knew more info and maybe she was looking too much into EB. Last year when new Detectives finally listened and looked over all of the investigating my Mom did over they years, they re-interviewed the co-worker. The place she worked is no longer in business and the owner passed away years ago. EB spoke of a ranch in Wagon Mound NM often. It was a family ranch and it is dilapidated, but she grew up there. It would be about a 5 hour drive.

That she missed work the day Christopher was kidnapped is hugely suspicious! That's textbook Crime Investigation 101.

I agree completely with you. He needs to be spoken to. I have reached out to his now wife through Facebook and she has not returned my calls. He lives in Hutchinson, Kansas. We have spoken to acquaintances of his and they have been helpful in providing information. I have to wonder if the reason LE never took EB seriously as a suspect was because this Sheriff called them. I won't ever understand why they didn't investigate her early on. EB and him were very close. EB comes across normal (if there is a normal), but once you talk to her past lovers she was psycho when they tried to end their relationships with her.

Fits the description of having Borderline Personality Disorder. Many "Black Widows" are so afflicted. They are very dangerous and can be your "best friend." But, don't turn your back on them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield
Back