Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Somebody on FB said they run the fountain year round, but not sure I believe it. Can that be done in an area that gets so cold?

WHY aren't they ruling out foul play (per the PC) ; and why are they treating the pond as a crime scene ?

Isn't that unfair to the family--- not to mention like pouring salt into their wounds ?
If they have no suspicions... why is the family being treated thus ?

RSBM
Personally I'd prefer that they treat it as a crime scene until they determine otherwise. Rather LE act that way than the other (ie no discernable evidence can be found due to area having been accessed by all and sundry).

IMO there's something not being said (at this time) - something doesn't sit right with me but I can't put my finger on it.

:rose: RIP David, another young soul gone far to early :rose:

As others have said...it looks like he probably walked onto thin ice on night 1 and fell in and drowned. Then, the water likely iced back up where he had fallen through. Very sad. Prayers for his family. Heartbreaking.

I have to say that I am a bit shocked that a dog actually led them to this pond.

They said a specialty dog, so my thought is it was a cadaver dog:(

His body was found in the pump of the fountain? Can someone explain how that is possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just so sad for the family to have lost this beautiful boy, especially the brother if little David did leave the house secondary to an argument. And unless/until it is proven otherwise, they are nothing but innocent victims of a horrible accidental tragedy in all of this.

Having said that - as I said before, I am glad to see that LE is treating this as a crime until it can be ruled out. (Boulder PD, are you taking notes?)

His body was found in the pump of the fountain? Can someone explain how that is possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The pump takes in water from the pond to push it up. Therefore, water (and anything in the pond) moves toward the pump.

This pond was very close to where David lived and attended school. Odds are pretty good that he knew where it was.

I have a large pond. It's really easy to see the water or ice at night, even here in the country with the night sky reflecting on the surface. Plus, it wasn't quite dark when he left home that day. Odds are also good that little David wandered out onto the ice, knowing that it was ice but not knowing it wouldn't hold his weight. jmo

It is a very small pond and appears to have a sidewalk all the way around it.
C1QshU1UsAAiL47_1483464860472_7519802_ver1.0.jpg

Google map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...e26941fbb7e3d!8m2!3d39.6662818!4d-104.8052068

I'm so terrified of water I wouldn't even walk on the sidewalk around that pond in the winter, for fear of it being slippery with ice. I've had terrifying experiences with water....lesson learned. It's just so awful how frequently it happens that wandering kids end up being found in water. :(

I am heartbroken for David's loved ones. As time passed we all knew the likelihood that this was going to end as a recovery but it doesn't make this news any easier to take.

Colorado can be freezing one day and warm the next day. We do not have winters like the north does. We get a crap load of snow and it melts w/in days due to the intensity of the sun. Grant it, I live a thousand feet higher than Aurora at this time...but that is how our winters are. I lived in Alaska for a number of years, so maybe I am a bit biased on coldness/winter here.....lol

I have driven by that park many times and visited it a number of times - although years ago - and have seen kids playing in that pond when I would take my kid there. I am not sure if it is 'allowed' but I have seen it....ya know how kids are.

According to this post on FB from a family who was at the park on 12/20 and tagged Olympic Park in their pics, the fountains were still going on 12/20.
1bada3093fdcf53adb8571e2e73f309b.jpg

I figured they were. Almost every pond I know with a fountain runs through the winter.

Somebody on FB said they run the fountain year round, but not sure I believe it. Can that be done in an area that gets so cold?

Yes. We have over 300 days of sunshine a year. It does get really cold here but in my experience, only for a few days at a time. The sun usually melts any snow and ice within a couple of days, unless it's a blizzard or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Average winter temps in Aurora would be in the 30's most days. Totally warm enough. People assume Colorado = frigid ice cold mountains and it isn't that at all. Most of us live on the front range which is flat land. Aurora is one of the last metro areas to the east before it turns into sparsely inhabited flatland prairie. It gets windy and really cold some days, but usually the sun is shining (they say 300 days of sunshine in CO), and that makes everything perfectly great

RSBM

If there's water in his lungs, then he drowned. Even if he'd drowned or somehow died at home--- someone would have seen him being carried to the pond. makes no sense.

I agree. I think this was a tragic accident. I can't imagine what this poor mother is going through.

Someone mentioned something about it above and I was answering them based on what I heard in the presser but I might've forgotten to quote them. I still learning my way around here.

A reporter asked Chief Metz if David's body was placed in the pond after his death. Chief said they have no comment at this time. (Paraphrase.)

Hmm, well an autopsy will solve that question.

Damn it, this isn't surprising but it sure is frustrating!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back