Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the water, it's so often water. Did they not check there first? Maybe I missed it?

Yes.....it was previously searched, although briefly I guess. Because they didn't see any broken spots in the ice, they assumed he didn't fall through it.

That pond isn't very deep though, you can see that from an aerial view. It looks like there may be a couple of fountains out in the middle of it, probably turned off for the winter.

And now I'm getting angry. There NEEDS to be a better system for missing children like this. His didn't meet the AA criteria. But we should have all received text messages that a child was missing. He was literally blocks from home. Of course he went there. It's the park! It's where the fields are and probably some playground equipment. He probably went to the water to throw in stones (because kids go to water, they just do and it looks like there are fountains that may still be running at Olympic park...believe it or not a lot of fountains run through the winter in CO - anyway, fountains to a 6yo = COOL). People would have been there, or would have been headed to their cars. We didn't have bad weather on NYE.

:(

What??????

I went to put dinner on because I thought LE said they had NO reason to search the pond and it was just a 'precautionary' search

:( :tears:

He was right there under the ice!

I feel sick. When I was a kid I fell through the ice on a lake, well a so called friend pushed me onto it, the ice cracked and I fell through. I was very lucky to get out and it was one of the scariest things you can imagine.

GAH! :gaah:Some friend! Glad you got out ok!

So sad...

I have games in Olympic Park and I immediately thought of that pond when I heard he went missing near there. :(

Very sad, I was losing hope as more time went buy. My prayers are with his family.

Press Conference 1.3.17 @ 11:10am MST via Periscope (Aurora Police Dept)

----------

Chief Metz, Chief of Police of APD:
- NYE David reported missing from home. Many responded and intensive search and investigation ensued.
- Many agencies involved in case.
- In a pond, a body was found beneath the ice. Appears to be a child's body. Not yet able to identify body conclusively.
- Police have informed family of child's body discovered in pond.
- Area was searched heavily.
- Bloodhounds brought in early in investigation. Not a lot of results. Yesterday a specialty dog was used and this dog hit on the pond. They went into the water and located the body.
- Family has been informed that child's body was located. Family is asking for privacy as they process this tragedy.
- Officers will continue investigation until they have definitive word on the situation.
- Can't say yet if it was a tragic accident or foul play.
- Body was discovered today.
- No indication that any breakage occurred in ice by family or volunteers.[/B]- Will not assume that the body was placed in pond by someone.
- Dog honed in on the pond last night. Request to further search the pond last night.
- Family is not at the pond.

I'm confused, sooooooo if no breaks in the ice by family nor volunteers (possibly not David either) HTH did he end up in the pond under the ice?

He had to cross Yale to get there and NOBODY saw a child on his own crossing a 4 lane busy road?

I would think that between yesterday and last night's temps, a thin layer of ice may have formed over him. We JUST had a talk with our 7yo about water and ice in Colorado winter and that you NEVER go out onto it because it is never thick enough to stand on. Gah this poor family.

Which pond was it?

RSBM

Gahhh !!! Horrible.

WHY aren't they ruling out foul play (per the PC) ; and why are they treating the pond as a crime scene ?

Isn't that unfair to the family--- not to mention like pouring salt into their wounds ?
If they have no suspicions... why is the family being treated thus ?
Poor little David !!!

Seems to be fairly obvious ; imo.
:moo:

I'm confused, sooooooo if no breaks in the ice by family nor volunteers (possibly not David either) HTH did he end up in the pond under the ice?

Some spots may not have been frozen over yet. Some spots may have frozen over AFTER he broke through. The spots around the fountains would likely still be pretty thin.

How long has it been frozen over? Was there no ice on it the night David went missing? Or was any ice thin, or patchy and it has gotten thicker as the days went on? Did LE think it was not possible he could have fallen in there because of thick ice with no breaks but after further consideration and the dog hitting on a scent, think we better check under the ice then?

So many questions. We need to look back to see if there are any pics in the media of the park, from earlier in the investigation

He fell through the ice. It was already dark when he ran off, and it was dark for another 10 hours afterwards. Seeing things on ice with the aid of a flashlight or headlights can be tricky and misleading.

I imagine the hole he made was completely iced over again by daylight the following morning.

Yes, there's like 3 or 4 little water fountain jet things in it if I remember correctly.

Yes.....it was previously searched, although briefly I guess. Because they didn't see any broken spots in the ice, they assumed he didn't fall through it.

That pond isn't very deep though, you can see that from an aerial view. It looks like there may be a couple of fountains out in the middle of it, probably turned off for the winter.

If the pond wasn't iced over then it's a real puzzler as to why David would go into the water. It makes more sense that it was iced and he walked on it for some reason. I don't get why searchers didn't see a break that froze over. It should have been noticeable, right?

He must have headed straight to the park. Why? How did he even know to head in the right direction?

A reporter asked Chief Metz if David's body was placed in the pond after his death. Chief said they have no comment at this time. (Paraphrase.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How long has it been frozen over? Was there no ice on it the night David went missing? Or was any ice thin, or patchy and it has gotten thicker as the days went on? Did LE think it was not possible he could have fallen in there because of thick ice with no breaks but after further consideration and the dog hitting on a scent, think we better check under the ice then?

So many questions. We need to look back to see if there are any pics in the media of the park, from earlier in the investigation

During the last week or so we've had 50 degree temps (last Friday the 30th). He went in on NYE (assuming), and it was colder that day but not terrible. It's a pretty shallow pond so it may freeze more quickly and the water would still be insanely cold. As soon as he'd hit it he would have to think very quickly to get out. From the street view, looks like you can practically just walk in to the pond. I don't see any fences.

As I understand it, he's not from there or moved there very recently. Children who grow up around icy ponds know a little more about how to deal with them.

A child unfamiliar with icy ponds wouldn't have that same caution.

I know everyone is looking for an explanation of how this could happen, and how it could be prevented, but IMHO, it can't. A child who is very adventuresome, who is sent to his room as punishment but then kicks through a screen in freezing temperatures and runs off onto a frozen pond is an at risk child. Adventuresome children don't live as long or safely as cautious ones.

RIP little David.

Wouldn't it be very risky for someone to move his body there? Surely people have been out and about looking for David? Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back