Identified! CO - Douglas Co, Hwy 67 near Horse Creek, WhtFem 13-20, 154UFCO, Jun'93 - Rebecca ‘Becky’ Redeker

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Your point well taken.

All I'm saying is that there are plenty of missing women with the same height, race, etc. who are not suggested by NamUs.

And BTW, I have no problem with considering a possible with a long timeline. the Aundria Bowman / Crystal Rae case is a perfect example of where we (i.e. both you and I) called in the possible despite the long timeline.

ETA: Another example of a head-scratcher in a NamUs exclusions list is case 6476. The UID died in 1997. William Smolinski disappeared in 2004, but is still listed as having been considered. I don't know if that was NamUs that suggested WPS as a possible, or if someone called WPS in without any info on the UID's date of death.

I don't get on here much and when I do, I skim through the posts quickly but when I stop to read, I give it my full attention and don't revisit posts I have read. Just a suggestion: :twocents:
If you are going to edit would you not do so after a long time? I don't know the standard limit but I missed your I do not call in potential matches. If that time line was long, I don't see a problem, because as I tried to point out, there is rarely such a thing as a bad time line between missing, death and ID. There is a story to it all and in the end it makes sense in a crazy sort of way. I also do not limit possibles according to location.
AH ha!! Now I have to edit because I now recall suggesting the possible match for Aundria. That was so long ago. As I check my records and notes, I sent a note along with that file suggesting someone take a look at Aundria. That was about the time the website went down. I don't have specifics as it was not a regular work case. Thanks for the reminder. Off topic here, but hope you hear something positive on that one. I feel she has been completely ignored by everyone in the system.

I am back here for clarification as someone asked me about Aundria Bowman. I did not work on that case or the UID connected with it or Crystal Rae.

I am so relieved someone submitted this girl again. I submitted it back last summer to the Child Protection Education of America Organization. However, I think the were in the process of dissolving their organization at that time and when I did not hear from them, I checked back and it was no longer operating.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WI WI-Jane Doe, Racine, 1999**WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT** merged threads

I know the heights do not match up but I submitted Monique Daniels on the off chance that they got her height wrong either on her or on the IUD. Mr. Dunn says that he does not have her on the rule out list and he is checking into this further.

60947_131727863541234_100001120622920_165635_1689657_n.jpg

61499_131728056874548_100001120622920_165638_6342911_n.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/154ufco.html

I copied this over from the Wilda Mae Boneit thread in the 1990 Missing Forum. They are referring to this Jane Doe.
01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
MadeaBecBec
Wilda Mae Benoit-Ruled Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked with Wes Riber from Douglas County,Co. ME office today (very informative & helpful person) He stated that although the teeth on Ms. Benoit were very close, her height, weight & spleen not being removed, ruled her out. This Jane Doe was stocky, big bosomed & big hips, bones are larger. Mr. Riber also stated that it is best to focus on the Doe networks pics, especially the first pic and third pic, ignore the hairstyle, it was more like the first reconstruction, but the wig wasn't the correct color. JD's hair color was reddish light brown with blonde highlights. They were only able to get a partial DNA profile from JD, so they are looking to match the dentals.
He also stated that the reason they believe she was a runaway or person from Louisiana is because, a PO had reprimanded some young people earlier that week, they said they were from Louisiana, the officer even took their pictures, one of the females that was with this bunch, looked exactly like the JD that was found, they superimposed her pic on the skull and it matches perfectly, except the the female wasn't smiling in the pic. The third pic on Doe network here http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/154ufco.html is that female, just her face, not her hair or teeth, but the eyes, nose & cheekbones. The officer did NOT take down their names, because he was just reprimanding them & took their pics just to let them know he could come back after them if their antics continued. I'm thinking that the PO is sooooo wishing he had taken their names down that evening, course, hindsight is 20/20!! Continue on with the search...... I am......

Yeah, I'm sure he was cutting the kids a break, and it backfired...

What about Dedra Saxon?http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/saxon_dedra.html

• Dedra was from Louisanna, where the UID is thought to have run away from.
  • Dedra's mother said she thought Dedra had left on her own accord i.e runaway.
  • Dedra is in the age range at 18.
  • Dedra would have been missing 11 months when this UID was killed.
  • Weight is the right range although height is off by two inches.
  • Hair is same colour as UID.
  • Both seem to have long jaws.

Attachments

• jd1.jpg
    jd1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 86
What about Dedra Saxon?http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/saxon_dedra.html

• Dedra was from Louisanna, where the UID is thought to have run away from.
  • Dedra's mother said she thought Dedra had left on her own accord i.e runaway.
  • Dedra is in the age range at 18.
  • Dedra would have been missing 11 months when this UID was killed.
  • Weight is the right range although height is off by two inches.
  • Hair is same colour as UID.
  • Both seem to have long jaws.

The rule-out list is getting pretty long, but she is not on it. I don't see too much resemblance to the recon, but I've seen plenty of recons that were completely off. She may be worth a look, considering the circumstances.

I wonder what her dentals are like. This Jane Doe has very clean dentals - No fillings, and only her upper right and lower left wisdom teeth removed. Her upper left and lower right wisdom teeth were present and impacted.

Well then maybe I should submit it so they can check into her dentals. I think I saw an e-mail earlier in this thread from madeabecbec that is being used to submit possible matches.

I know it would be tedious to do...but I am a nurse, hospitals keep records. Has LE started on records for spleenectomies on females under the age of 20? To have your spleen removed at that young of age would really narrow down the field, and then go from there. They could at least run Louisiana hospitals.
How about sending her reconstruction/face to surgeons in Louisiana?
I was married to a policeman, and as we all know, cases are solved because of long, boring, tedious, legwork mostly. Process of elimination...worth a shot.

I agree, you raise many good questions. Although tedious (work for LE, the questions you raise could very well solve this case, I've seen more tedious things solve a case). From my knowlege it isn't a normal procedure for one so young. The only issue I see is that those in that profession and others (my dad is a lawyer and I work for LE) that type of information cannot be shared with the public.

Dedra is listed as Dedra Saxon on some pages (charley project) but Dedra Saxon Bracken on others. I just reviewed the rule outs for this Doe and see that Dedra is in fact a rule out but they put it under the last name of Bracken, not Saxon. Oh well.

There goes about four hours of my time. I guess that's the way it goes, though, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back