Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathi Barry's testimony was very "colorful" to say the least.

The main thing I got out of it was that Mark didn't get really upset with her and Denise Hess until they shouted out to him about being an excrement eater. After that he grabbed a log and advanced on them in a threatening manner. JMO

Kathi Barry's testimony was very "colorful" to say the least.

The main thing I got out of it was that Mark didn't get really upset with her and Denise Hess until they shouted out to him about being an excrement eater. After that he grabbed a log and advanced on them in a threatening manner. JMO
I have to agree…it was very colorful testimony.

So in essence, whenever he is confronted about being an excrement eater, he gets violent.

I have to agree…it was very colorful testimony.

So in essence, whenever he is confronted about being an excrement eater, he gets violent.
That's what the State is trying to convey to the jury. But we did find out that Cory confronted Mark with the photos in August 2012 and Mark didn't harm him or Dylan because of it. At least not then.
Dylan’s older brother, Cory Redwine, testified on cross-examination that he sent copies of the photos to his father in August 2012, while Dylan and Mark Redwine were alone on a trip together.

Dylan, who knew about the photos, was not harmed on that trip, despite the texted confrontation between his brother and father.

Mark Redwine trial: Attorneys debate motive, "compromising" photos

CSI Joe Clayton testified about finding blood in several locations in Mark's living room. On a coffee table,couch,love seat, and a couple of places on the floor under a carpet. He voice his opinion that the blood appeared to have been diluted because of a cleanup and it was suspicious that blood was found under a carpet but not on it.

I guess it's not a big deal to clean up blood from a couch after someone bled on it but we haven't seen any evidence that suggest that happened before Dylan disappeared. And why was blood found in multiple locations? Maybe the defense has a way to explain it when they get their turn.

Finding blood under a carpet with no blood on the carpet itself is going to be a little bit harder to explain away IMO.

I was a bit surprised with the defense cross of CSI Joe. They walked him thru every room in the house plus the garage having him say that he found no evidence to collect in them other than the living room.

I don't understand how having a CSI say there's no blood in the kitchen, bedroom and garage helps in anyway at all. What it tells the jury is that something unusual happened in the living room and that it caused someone to bleed and that blood was left in multiple locations including under a rug. This helps the State more than the defense IMO.

Another thing to consider is why would a grown man have to attack a small 13 year old in multiple rooms in a house in order to kill him? I don't see why it couldn't have happen in the living room.

The defense would have been much better if they simply had Joe the CSI state that he couldn't say the blood evidence he observed and collected showed that anyone was seriously injured and died there. And have him state that he has no way in knowing how long ago the blood was left in the places he found it. And then say no further questions.

"It was not just centralized in one place," said Clayton. "If I had found stains in one area I would think you had a localized bloodletting event, but this indicates movement, you have it on various pieces of furniture and under a rug."

Dylan Redwine trial: Missing Colorado boy's brother testifies | 9news.com
That's a good quote from CSI Joe Clayton.

Think about it. Let's say your sitting on the couch doing something with a sharp instrument and accidentally cut yourself. You apply pressure to the cut and get some first aid supplies like an antiseptic and a bandage.

You don't move around bleeding all over and you don't move a rug, bleed on the floor and then put the rug back over it. JMO

I hope it’s ok to ask this:oops: Everyone here has really been involved with following Dylan’s case and I highly value your opinions. I have only watched a few trials from beginning to end. One of those being O.J. Simpson:eek:I would like to know what everyone thinks the outcome is likely to be? I just don’t understand all of this courtroom stuff:oops: and I don’t know how to feel about it. I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

I hope it’s ok to ask this:oops: Everyone here has really been involved with following Dylan’s case and I highly value your opinions. I have only watched a few trials from beginning to end. One of those being O.J. Simpson:eek:I would like to know what everyone thinks the outcome is likely to be? I just don’t understand all of this courtroom stuff:oops: and I don’t know how to feel about it. I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.
I don't have a great track record at predicting case outcomes. I FULLY expected OJ to be found guilty. I didn't think there was a shadow of a chance he would be found not guilty.
I have a strong feeling about this case but don't want to say what I think because I don't want to jinx it! ;)

I think this jury will find Mark Redwine guilty but it's possible there will be a hung jury or an acquittal. No way to tell for sure.

I followed the O.J case and the Casey Anthony case feeling extremely confident that both would end with guilty verdicts based on the overwhelming evidence against them. It didn't happen.

I'm interested in the HRD dog evidence which is a big part of the States case. I have doubts about the reliability of such evidence and need to learn more about the dog and it's handler. Will those doubts push me to not guilty? Probably not because there's other evidence to bolster the States case. JMO

I don't have a great track record at predicting case outcomes. I FULLY expected OJ to be found guilty. I didn't think there was a shadow of a chance he would be found not guilty.
I have a strong feeling about this case but don't want to say what I think because I don't want to jinx it! ;)
The OJ case was more socially complicated than this one, though. I don't know how this man would ever get out of this and I think him putting his other son and his mother, through this trial is more than cruel.

The OJ case was more socially complicated than this one, though. I don't know how this man would ever get out of this and I think him putting his other son and his mother, through this trial is more than cruel.
I have taken a pound of sand because I knew Casey would not be convicted.The Oj trial happened in a bad year for me ,so I cant explore those comparisons.

Friday, June 25th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 8am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (last seen alive Nov. 18, 2012 when he arrived at airport, reported missing on Nov. 19, 2012, Broomfield; found about 8 miles up Middle Mountain Road, a dirt road that cuts through the San Juan National Forest, about 100 yards from the road, directly off an ATV trail on June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull was found by hikers about 5 miles from where his remains were found.) - *Mark Allen Redwine (50 @ time of crime/55/now 58), "father" indicted (6/20/17) & arrested & charged (7/2017) with 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial began on 10/29/20 with jury selection & ended 11/5/20 after Judge Wilson declared mistrial on 11/9/20.
Re-Trial began on 6/14/21 with jury selection & ended 6/21/21 selecting the final 16 & trial will start with opening statements in the afternoon on 6/21/21 (skip 7/3 & 7/4 restart 7/6/21 thru 8/2/21). all @ 8a 12 jurors & 4 alternates (11 men & 5 women).

Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 10/27/20 & Jury Selection (Day 1-6) 10/29/20 to 11/5/20 & 11/9/20 & info to 5/18/21 to 6/11/21 & new jury selection (Day 1-6) 6/14/21 to 6/21/21 & trial (Day 1-3) 6/21/21 to 6/23/21 reference post #722 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Broomfield, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

6/24/21 Thursday, Trial begins (Day 4): State witnesses: Cory Redwine back on stand.
See posts #737, 749, 754 & 757 for more info here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Broomfield, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*
Cory Redwine continued. Amber Harrison, divorce lawyer for Elaine Hall.
See posts #762, 769, 777 & 780 & 793 (page 40) for more info here:
Kathi Berry became friends with Elaine when searching for Dylan. Tom Cowing, investigator.
See posts #783, 796 for more info here:
Jury moves across the hall to view recreation of MR’s living room. Joe Clayton crime scene investigator. Trial exhibits list on post 814.
See posts #802, 804, 805, 808 & 811 for more info here:
Joe Clayton continued.
See posts #827 & 831 for more info here:
Recap of today's testimony see post #830 here:
The judge said that on Friday they would take only a 45 min. lunch, then come back for a couple of hours & ending @2:45pm. Trial continues on 6/25/21.

I have a suggestion... since there are not that many tweets coming thru - maybe some of you who are watching it live can give a description of "what" is going on - ??
At least some of us not watching can get an idea on what IS actually happening in court.
TIA! :)

I have a suggestion... since there are not that many tweets coming thru - maybe some of you who are watching it live can give a description of "what" is going on - ??
At least some of us not watching can get an idea on what IS actually happening in court.
TIA! :)

I will do my best to help and I am sure others will too,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members