Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I hadn’t
Yes me too! Shocking! Poor Dylan.
To me, that is one of the most damning pieces of testimony against Mark. If they can determine that there was in fact blunt force trauma to Dylan's skull, and Mark actually made that statement, that could tip the scales against him. If his son simply ran away and was killed by a bear or if he was kidnapped then murdered, why would Mark specifically mention blunt force trauma?

The indictment mentioned that the skull "had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by animal or natural cause". This is also interesting – I can envision that Mark either threw something across the room at Dylan, swung the fireplace poker thing at Dylan, or hit Dylan himself, but why would there be cut marks on his skull from a knife? That seems like an odd thing to do.
After looking at those horrible photos of Mark nothing he MIGHT DO surprised me!

I will take your advice on this one. My digging into Josh Duggar was more than enough for me to deal with.

I can't believe that this has dragged on for so long.

As for the cause of death, I don't believe that this was an accident. It was deliberate.
Mickey, just asking…when you say deliberate, do you mean premeditated…or do you mean he got so angry at that moment he meant to kill him?

Mickey, just asking…when you say deliberate, do you mean premeditated…or do you mean he got so angry at that moment he meant to kill him?

Something set off the Father. Who knows? But INMO, Dylan should not have been forced to visit someone in another state when he didn't want to go. Court ordered or not.

I just watched that documentary somebody posted last week and I forgot what a narcissistic Mark was. When he lies he looks away from the camera as well I noticed.

He would do anything for his son yet he couldn’t even get off his arse to go and search. That’s father of the year award right there - he literally sickens me.

MOO - IMO

Something set off the Father. Who knows? But INMO, Dylan should not have been forced to visit someone in another state when he didn't want to go. Court ordered or not.
Dylan wasn't sent out of state to see his father. Mark and Dylan both lived in Colorado.

Are you saying Elaine should have violated the court order? Or am I misunderstanding your post?

The problem is Elaine couldn’t win , so she ignores the court order and ends up in Jail and Mark gets full custody of Dylan.

I think it’s ridiculous that Dylan at 13 years of age didn’t want to go and his wises are not taken into consideration. He wasn’t a little kid here he knew what he wanted and that should have more power I think in such cases.

The entire thing was Mark playing games as it was said by Cory on the stand Mark never gave a crap about visitation rights until suddenly Elaine moved 300 miles away and makes a life for her sons and suddenly Mark wants Dylan. Then the day he wins visitation rights he is booking a plane ticket just another F*ck You to Elaine. It was never about Dylan it was always about control and he had lost it. IMO

The problem is Elaine couldn’t win , so she ignores the court order and ends up in Jail and Mark gets full custody of Dylan.

I think it’s ridiculous that Dylan at 13 years of age didn’t want to go and his wises are not taken into consideration. He wasn’t a little kid here he knew what he wanted and that should have more power I think in such cases.

The entire thing was Mark playing games as it was said by Cory on the stand Mark never gave a crap about visitation rights until suddenly Elaine moved 300 miles away and makes a life for her sons and suddenly Mark wants Dylan. Then the day he wins visitation rights he is booking a plane ticket just another F*ck You to Elaine. It was never about Dylan it was always about control and he had lost it. IMO
Colorado’s custody laws state that a child may be able to refuse parenting time or a court-ordered visitation if he or she is old enough and mature enough to make this decision. This may occur at many different ages but typically starts at the age of 14. Older children, such as 16 or 17 years old, will generally have more say in parental visitation.
Apparently the judge who interviewed Dylan felt that he wasn't old and mature enough to make that decision. It's terribly sad he came to that conclusion. JMO

Is it Possible to Refuse a Court-Ordered Visitation in Colorado?

So for the posters who think Mark is guilty how do you think it went down that night?

I’m still not sure if he killed him on the couch or if they had a argument and Mark pushed him and he hit on head on the coffee table.

Like Elaine said that is so true, "Everything is a game to Mark and you either win or lose. When he is mad, he is all about getting even." I think the photos were definitely a factor but mainly Mark took his son's life to punish Elaine. So to answer you question more directly—the coffee table scenario is not plausible enough for me (although I would love to believe that parents don't get kill their children). I think it was premeditated and like Cory said he thinks Dylan was killed o punish his mom. I sure hope it wasn't premeditated but nothing Mark ever does surprises me. I think the tension was just building and building the moment Dylan was picked-up at the airport. How ackward that must have been for poor Dylan. I just think he beat his son to death with a blunt object and Dylan probably died in the living room. : ( I can't believe that at the vigil Mark told everyone: "I want you to know how much I loved that boy and how much I cared about him." This sounds like someone explaining why they took someone's life. I would like to see the full Walmart footage someday because I hear it is obvious Mark is seething whenever Dylan was close to him. Does anyone know if that video will be uploaded to the court site or has it been?

Divorce can bring out the worst in people. Add money to the mix, and it is explosive. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dylan was killed in a rage for revenge against his mother. Of course, we will not know. But I do not believe that Dylan was killed by a rogue bear.

Divorce can bring out the worst in people. Add money to the mix, and it is explosive. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dylan was killed in a rage for revenge against his mother. Of course, we will not know. But I do not believe that Dylan was killed by a rogue bear.

IMO

I believe Mark did it but I’m just not sure how premeditated it was. I think unfortunately he was a control freak and just couldn’t handle a grown up opinionated teenager. As long as Dylan was a little kid and played by his rules it was dandy but as Dylan got older and saw him for what he truly was then that’s when Mark started to lose control and the resentment started to build.

Then add in the bitter divorce and Elaine having a boyfriend and taking the kids and moving away and starting a new life it and there was Mark just waiting for any excuse to blow up.

You hear it when he speaks about Dylan it’s like Dylan was his possession and not a living breathing human being to him.

Last edited:
TBH, I don't think it was premeditated. That doesn't excuse anything, of course.

Dylan was very unhappy at being forced to visit him and didn't want to go, except perhaps to spend some time with his friends in town. He was tired and perhaps grouchy from the flight, and moody as a teenager. Mark was angry, embarrassed, and frustrated at both Elaine and Dylan. Mark "won" by getting the visit awarded to him, which was largely what the visit was about - "winning" over Elaine.

Then there were several points of contention immediately after Dylan's arrival ("I wanted to go to a nice sit-down dinner, he wanted to go to McDonalds" Mark said). Dylan was a young teenager now and aside from his anger/frustration over the visitation and diaper photo discovery, he was more emotional, confident, and not afraid to speak up. I think Dylan and Mark had a verbal confrontation in the home that evening and Mark reacted violently by hitting him or throwing something at him.

One scary thought is that there's a chance Mark didn't kill him with the initial hit/throw. If Mark had just injured him (leaving a cut, bruise, concussion, eye injury, etc. that needed medical care) and the family/attorneys/court found out, he would lose custody, and more importantly to him, "lose" to Elaine. So did he decide to take the next step and finish him off? It's hard to imagine, but then again, look who we're talking about...

In regards to premeditation the State charged Mark Redwine with second degree murder not first degree.
(1) A person commits the crime of murder in the second degree if the person knowingly causes the death of a person.” Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-3-103
And here is the text of first degree murder in Colorado.
(1) A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if:
(a) After deliberation and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, he causes the death of that person or of another person;
” Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-3-102

The State is not going to try and prove that Mark Redwine premeditated the murder of Dylan. They are only saying he knew what he was doing when he killed him. JMO

Section 18-3-103 - [Effective Until 9/15/2021] Murder in the second degree - definitions, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-3-103 | Casetext Search + Citator

Section 18-3-102 - [Effective Until 9/15/2021] Murder in the first degree, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-3-102 | Casetext Search + Citator

In regards to premeditation the State charged Mark Redwine with second degree murder not first degree.

And here is the text of first degree murder in Colorado.

The State is not going to try and prove that Mark Redwine premeditated the murder of Dylan. They are only saying he knew what he was doing when he killed him. JMO

Section 18-3-103 - [Effective Until 9/15/2021] Murder in the second degree - definitions, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-3-103 | Casetext Search + Citator

Section 18-3-102 - [Effective Until 9/15/2021] Murder in the first degree, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-3-102 | Casetext Search + Citator

But that doesn’t mean he didn’t plan it , just that’s a lot harder to prove IMO

True. It means the State doesn't have evidence showing beyond a reasonable doubt that it's first degree murder.

WS members can have an opinion that differs. JMO

I am still in completely two minds about what happened that night.

How can a Father who did this in a rage then so cold bloodingly treat his sons corpse so indifferently and then spend years making his families life’s hell if this was simply a fit of rage over in seconds.

But I also ask myself how can a father plan to murder his son just to spite his ex wife and him losing control of the situation.

IMO , MOO

Last edited:
IMO

I believe Mark did it but I’m just not sure how premeditated it was. I think unfortunately he was a control freak and just couldn’t handle a grown up opinionated teenager. As long as Dylan was a little kid and played by his rules it was dandy but as Dylan got older and saw him for what he truly was then that’s when Mark started to lose control and the resentment started to build.

Then add in the bitter divorce and Elaine having a boyfriend and taking the kids and moving away and starting a new life it and there was Mark just waiting for any excuse to blow up.

You hear it when he speaks about Dylan it’s like Dylan was his possession and not a living breathing human being to him.
BBM - bingo, I think you hit the nail on the head. The point where Dylan was gaining autonomy and losing respect for his father was a dangerous time IMO.

Monday, June 28th:
*Trial continues (Day 6) (@ 8am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (last seen alive Nov. 18, 2012 when he arrived at airport, reported missing on Nov. 19, 2012, Vallecito; found about 8 miles up Middle Mountain Road, a dirt road that cuts through the San Juan National Forest, about 100 yards from the road, directly off an ATV trail on June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull was found by hikers about 5 miles from where his remains were found.) - *Mark Allen Redwine (50 @ time of crime/55/now 58), "father" indicted (6/20/17) & arrested & charged (7/2017) with 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial began on 10/29/20 with jury selection & ended 11/5/20 after Judge Wilson declared mistrial on 11/9/20.
Re-Trial began on 6/14/21 with jury selection & ended 6/21/21 selecting the final 16 & trial will start with opening statements in the afternoon on 6/21/21 (skip 7/3 & 7/4 restart 7/6/21 thru 8/2/21). all @ 8a 12 jurors & 4 alternates (11 men & 5 women).

Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 10/27/20 & Jury Selection (Day 1-6) 10/29/20 to 11/5/20 & 11/9/20 & info to 5/18/21 to 6/11/21 & new jury selection (Day 1-6) 6/14/21 to 6/21/21 & trial (Day 1-4) 6/21/21 to 6/24/21 reference post #838 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

6/25/21 Friday, Trial begins (Day 5): Random tweets about messages.
See posts #855 & 859 for more info here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*
State witnesses: Joe Clayton, CSI investigator. Rebecca Strut, CO Metro DNA Tech Lead/DNA Analyst.
See posts #861, 862, 863 (is about Cory) & 868 for more info here:
Rebecca Strut continued.
See posts #881, 884, 885, 886, 889, 891 & 892 for more info here:
Rebecca Strut continued. Sarah Miller, Sr. DNA analyst.
See posts #916, 917, 919 & 920 more info here:
People's exhibits see post 924 here:
Sarah Miller continued.
See post #939 for more info here:
Sarah Miller continued. And Defense trial exhibits. And indictment.
See posts 943, 947 & 960 for more info here:
Trial continues on Monday, 6/28/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member