CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to fish, and I am not a 13 year-old boy, but geeze. Who goes fishing in November when it's 27 degrees out? Just sayin'.

Just pointing out that in this article, Dad is saying that LE knew the pole was "likely" with Dylan from the start. I think much of the problem here is that Dad made no public statement. We have no idea what he told LE......or when.
Snipped by me

Hopefully they're taking a very close look at the dad and what may have been happening at the dad's house; and also what was said between Mark and Dylan.
The msm articles about this case say that both parents are cooperating.... But the msm news said that as well in the beginning of the Ethan Stacy case, and we all know how that turned out.
I'm getting a hinky feeling about Mark; especially since he hasn't made any statements. and it's been a whole week, now !
Sending prayers and hopeful thoughts towards Dylan !

<modsnip>.

I believe the parents are off limits right now.

There is no way Dylan (a teenager) awakened at 7:30 am and then walked (in nylon shorts when it was 27 degrees) 3.5 miles to go fishing by himself. Nope. Didn't happen. (I raised 3 sons.)

Hey I agree!
didnt happen!

When you Mapquest dad’s house (Point A=2343 County Road 500, Bayfield CO 81122) to the middle of Lake Vallecito (Point B=Pine River Lodge 14443 CR 501, Bayfield, CO 81122 ) it is 6.2 miles. Pine River Lodge is at the middle of the lake. I will guess that it would have been a 3.5 mile walk for Kevin to have reached any point of the lake.

5'0" tall, walking 3.5 miles (absolute minimum) at 8000 ft of altitude with a backpack and carrying his fishing pole.

Yup.

According to Kevin Torres, "I'll have an update from La Plata County on 9news at noon today in a few minutes.

- FBI has arrived in town. If there is no resolution today, their presence will grow in the case.
- Boats are still on the water."

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thank you for a laugh....some times they are greatly needed!

Thank you for the laugh! A brief moment of levity is needed once every 15 pages or so with the all of the intense waiting and obsessing over Dylan and where he is.

If Dylan is not found today, I sure hope FBI's increased presence gets some action!

According to Kevin Torres, "I'll have an update from La Plata County on 9news at noon today in a few minutes.

- FBI has arrived in town. If there is no resolution today, their presence will grow in the case.
- Boats are still on the water."

If Dylan is not found today, I sure hope FBI's increased presence gets some action!

Have they not been in town up until now? Have they been helping from a field office in Colorado or in Quantico or elsewhere?

I also hope this means more manpower, different experts, new equipment, more funding, and most importantly NOT a game change from rescue to recovery! If they are still exploring all leads then he may well be out there with a stranger needing to be found, even if there aren't any leads.... Time to kick this into high gear.

Wanted to say that I HOPE Dylan is o.k., that maybe he just ran away , and is hiding somewhere....maybe just needed attention for problems that seemed to large for him.
The best news articles/threads on this forum are where someone who is missing , is found and is O.K.!!!

btw , thanks nursebeeme for the heads' up :)

5'0" tall, walking 3.5 miles (absolute minimum) at 8000 ft of altitude with a backpack and carrying his fishing pole.

Yup.

Um, that isn't terribly unusual in that part of the country. And shorts are de rigueur for teen boys until it's in the teens and snowing, believe me. When he was in elementary school, I had to strike a deal with my son to make him wear pants if it was 15 or below. I was worried the teachers would think i was neglecting him. I soon learned it wasn't unusual, lol.

But ... this doesn't mean he didn't put on pants after his dad left on the errands, either. The high that day was 54, in Durango at least, which is quite warm when the sun is out here. The altitude ... it's where he was from. He had lived for years at 8000 ft, not a big deal at all.

(I'm not saying there aren't holes in the story, but these aren't holes.)

I wish we knew if the sighting is legitimate. The timeline is so funky I feel like I cannot even make a theory yet, but that would really change everything. Dylan is a handsome young man, but to some extent all boys his age sort of look alike so I think it is possible the mailperson did see a kid that wasn't Dylan. But, maybe it was Dylan and then our entire timeline changes.

Am I reading everything correctly that the dive and sonar boats are still scanning the lake on the water and the divers have yet to go in?

If so, glad they're being meticulous and using their precious time and resources so well. We don't want them "wasting" dives without intelligence.

I hope they find whatever led them there and it is a dearly departed elk. Sorry elk. :(

Am I reading everything correctly that the dive and sonar boats are still scanning the lake on the water and the divers have yet to go in?

If so, glad they're being meticulous and using their precious time and resources so well. We don't want them "wasting" dives without intelligence.

I hope they find whatever led them there and it is a dearly departed elk. Sorry elk. :(

I believe you're correct....no divers in the water as of yet.

What do you mean?

< respectfully snipped>

To All Posters: Until LE gives us reason - there is to be no speculation about the father. This is the 3rd warning. The father is a victim also, UNTIL/UNLESS Law Enforcement tells us otherwise.

Salem

Brought forward to answer question about parents being off-limits..

Is anyone else missing near this area? Or within a reasonable radius? jw.

I agree about the shorts thing. Not necessarily a big deal. I go out walking/hiking every day and you can always tell the people not from around here because they are wearing coats and hats and such. Even on the slopes.

The altitude, if you're used to it, it isn't a big deal either.

I agree about the shorts thing. Not necessarily a big deal. I go out walking/hiking every day and you can always tell the people not from around here because they are wearing coats and hats and such. Even on the slopes.

The altitude, if you're used to it, it isn't a big deal either.

Shorts + down jackets = CO state uniform

Other people think we are strange, I think....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi