CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think if LE had any reasonable suspicion that Dylan was abducted, they would issue a more nation-wide alert, like an Amber Alert. Maybe now that there is a task force, they will come to suspect an abuction. So far, the evidence found must not indicate abuction.

Remember how almost instantly in Jessica's case, an Amber Alert was issued? Even when people were speculating if it could have been a family member, etc. LE had enough suspicion to think abduction. In Colorado, LE is not exactly shy about issuing the Amber Alert if they think it is applicable. MOO

Good point. I think LE was initially thinking runaway...but I can't seem to get behind that theory.

I wonder if LE will have a presence at the vigil tonight. I remember at Jessica's memorial, LE was watching carefully to see if the perpetrator showed up. I know a vigil is different, but in a small community, I would imagine the entire town will show up.

I wonder if LE will have a presence at the vigil tonight. I remember at Jessica's memorial, LE was watching carefully to see if the perpetrator showed up. I know a vigil is different, but in a small community, I would imagine the entire town will show up.

I would expect a few officers to be there at the very least. I hope that something breaks soon in this case. Dylan's mom & brother are suffering so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're suspending the search, does that mean the sightings seemed to be not credible?

Didn't know if these had been posted or not...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-task-force-created-in-missing-teenager-case
Dylan Redwine Task Force created in missing teenager case
The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office has created a “Dylan Redwine Task Force” to manage the investigation and efforts to locate Dylan Redwine.
Members of the task force, along with uniformed Sheriff’s Deputies, will be contacting residents from Vallecito Dam north through the Vallecito area, officials said.
The Sheriff's Office said they will not be conducting a house-to-house search, but the canvass is expected to take a few days.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/...s-involved-in-13-year-old-boys-disappearance/
Mother Fears Father Is Involved In 13-Year-Old Boy’s Disappearance
Authorities went door-to-door Tuesday looking for clues into the whereabouts of a 13-year-old boy who disappeared while visiting his father in southwestern Colorado.

Durango police Lt. Ray Shupe said they’re asking residents if they’ve seen anything suspicious around the time that Dylan Redwine disappeared last week.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ld-vigil-tonight-in-Bayfield-for-missing-teen--
Friends to hold vigil tonight in Bayfield for missing teen
Search in lake put on hold; law enforcement going door to door

If this is an abduction so many precious hours have been lost. We don't know exactly what time Dylan left the house. He could be anywhere :please:

I would expect a few officers to be there at the very least. I hope that something breaks soon in this case. Dylan's mom & brother are suffering so much.

I believe his father is also...
All people show emotion differently.

I think it would be unlikely that it was Dylan that was seen walking with another boy. Who is the other boy? Wouldn't he have come forward by now....or talked to his parents about being with Dylan? And if he was with Dylan and they were abducted, another boy would also be missing?

I believe his father is also...
All people show emotion differently.

Sorry, I didn't intentionally leave him out. I had just finished watching some footage of Mom & big brother so they were on my mind. This is just heart wrenching.

I'm sorry if I'm hitting on something that's like beating a dead horse - if so please feel free to ignore. :) I had to skip a few pages just to catch up.

I'll post my thoughts/replies separately so it's not too confusing hopefully.

I tend to not put much value into the sightings. I presume we all are aware of a whole bunch of false sightings in other cases. For instance, people who were sure that they saw Laci Peterson after she went missing, etc.

Agreed. Linnea Lomax's case is the one that originally brought me here because she's local to me. I was even very near one of the areas she was supposedly seen the day before and I was watching for her so intently. It seemed she was being spotted all over the place. I even thought I saw her once because of her distinctive hair and petite build - from the back, this woman looked like she could easily be Linnea. When she turned around she was at least twice Linnea's age. Turned out she had (last I read here) committed suicide not long after she went missing, so none of these sightings were her.

It's funny how in the cases I've read anyway, people say that the person was "sighted but ran off." I kinda have to think if I had a whole bunch of people approaching me calling me by some name that wasn't mine, I might very well take off too!

I think it would be unlikely that it was Dylan that was seen walking with another boy. Who is the other boy? Wouldn't he have come forward by now....or talked to his parents about being with Dylan? And if he was with Dylan and they were abducted, another boy would also be missing?

uvada8ad.jpg

I'm just going to follow you around and push my button.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354067266.796173.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354067266.796173.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 10
I wasn't sure who to reply to so I'll just ask separately. I've seen several posts referencing Dylan's Mom accusing the Dad of killing Dylan, but all I recall reading previously was something along the lines of taking Dylan out of the equation/picture. I took that to mean several possibilities including Dylan being hidden somewhere. It is entirely possible I missed something in the past few hours though.

Is there something new or something I missed in an article?

I wonder if Mom's comments to MSM about Dad were part of a strategy to help drum out where Dylan is. Just surmising that there's a small chance LE instructed Mom to give that kind of interview, for some specific, tactical purpose....

I, too, think there may be possibility that this is the case... It could be a way to better analyze the dad, friends, family if/when there is a response...

JMO

If this is an abduction so many precious hours have been lost. We don't know exactly what time Dylan left the house. He could be anywhere :please:

I think they spent time at the lake because his pole was found there and dad wanted them to look there...I don't have the links

Good point. I think LE was initially thinking runaway...but I can't seem to get behind that theory.

I'm with you there. I think MAYBE runaway, but if so it wasn't meant to be for very long IMO. Maybe he ran away initially, but if so I think something happened to him not long after. :(

I just figured out what your "hat" is. Good grief I'm slow. Anyway...

If LE told me that it would help me find my child, then yes. I would trust that they knew what they were doing and do as they asked.

Now, I don't think that is what happened here but if it did you couldn't blame a mother for listening to the "experts", even if it goes against every instinct she has.

I had mentioned this a possible scenario quite a few pages back...

but I must not have been clear...

I do not think that LE put words in mom's mouth...

I do think she probably shared these sentiments with LE soon after the investigation started...

I just wonder if LE did not possibly give mom loose rein on what she wanted to say.... To see who... If anyone... Took the bite...

Are we seeing anyone ( friends, family, community members) becoming outraged at her statements?

LE may possibly be watching for reactions from any of the above... Not just dad...

JMO

I wasn't sure who to reply to so I'll just ask separately. I've seen several posts referencing Dylan's Mom accusing the Dad of killing Dylan, but all I recall reading previously was something along the lines of taking Dylan out of the equation/picture. I took that to mean several possibilities including Dylan being hidden somewhere. It is entirely possible I missed something in the past few hours though.

Is there something new or something I missed in an article?

No nothing new and you haven't missed anything. The Mom or Dad are not suspects or person of interest so they are not being discussed as such at this time.

uvada8ad.jpg

I'm just going to follow you around and push my button.

LOL! You crack me up, vasportsmom!

Now, if I could only get my husband to carry one of these buttons around the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member