CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in our first post on this tread, we can read the description of what Dylan was wearing when he was last seen:
Which was shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and baseball cap.
So I find it kind of confusing as to why Dylan would apparently be sleeping wearing his tennis shoes and a baseball cap, considering police does state father told them he last saw Dylan at 7:30 am. Did he never go to bed and was sitting in front of the TV, or what? Or they are not using the description of what he was wearing when he was last seen?

I have thought about this as well. One thought I had is that those clothes are what he was "last seen wearing" not necessarily what he was actually wearing last. If it is true that in the morning Dad tried to wake Dylan but Dylan did not want to get out of bed, he may not have known what he was wearing under the covers (and/or could have had his shirt off).

Maybe the clothing described is what he was wearing on Sunday night... when he was last publicly seen.

JMO

I love the way you put that!

My ex has always called our son "the boy". To paraphrase what you said so well, "THE only one THAT matters!" I hear "that boy" a lot around Tennessee. Linguistically, MR would fit right in to this community.

Yep... that's it!! I know a lot of people think you should always speak the child's name, but that means nothing. Anybody can say a name. Total strangers can say my kid's name and it doesn't make him more or less of a person. But when I say "that boy" or "that child" it's MY boy I'm talking about. THE one that matters the most. To us southern folks, it shows LOVE, and that's what it's all about.
If we speak TO him, we say his name. But when we speak about him, it's just as likely we would say "that boy." I use the term a lot more than my husband does, being as he is not from the South, originally. As I like to say, he wasn't born in Texas, but he got here as quick as he could.

Some posts have emphasized that LE has said both of Dylan's parents have been cooperative. That's a good thing, but it doesn't indicate guilt or innocence.

In the case of little Emiliano Terry, LE referred to his mother as being "very helpful and cooperative". Mom has since been charged with aggravated murder in his death.

I hope they either find Dylan soon or release more information.

Moo

I also wanted to share some thoughts I have had on the cell phone issue. I personally do not know what to think about the lack of cell phone use after 8pm Sunday and what it means, but here are my thoughts while trying to stay objective..

- I don't know what time Dylan's flight arrived on Sunday. It is possible that Dylan and Dad did not go straight home. My first thought would be that maybe they went out to eat at a restaurant in town. So perhaps the texts shared with his friends on Sunday evening happened before Dylan and Dad got home or while they were in town, and that Dylan actually did not have good cell service at Dads.

Those who say it's impossible that Dylan didn't use his phone after 8pm due to a lack of service at Dads because he used it earlier in the evening to text his friends-- do we know for a fact that they were at Dads all evening before 8pm and that Dads house is where those texts were sent from? I don't think we know that as a fact.

JMO =)

Well who is going to obtain the court order except a father?
I don't think mother would need a court order if she wanted to send her son over there for Thanksgiving.

Are we sure this was a ' new ' court order? Much has been made of this court ordered visitation etc . I was thinking about it earlier and all visitation is ' court ordered' after a divorce. So for several pages, it has appeared ( im just going off of other posts here ) that it was a last minute court order , as if Dylan was not planned to be with dad for holiday but dad insisted last minute and went to court to get him this week. If that is not the case , then all custody and visitation is court ordered from the day divorce is final. Every other thanksgiving and christmas goes to each parent.
Perhaps that was much ado about nothing ? A ROUTINE visit ?

If Dylan ran away, is it possible he broke into someone's summer home and is just chilling comfortably as opposed to camping/hiding in the woods? It might be someone that he's met before, someone with kids that stay for a couple months every summer. He's eating the food left in their pantry, maybe even still has power and is playing their video game system and watching dvds. :please:

Also, I think our fav reporter (Kevin Torres) did say that "cell signal has been dicey" on his FB page Sunday. Maybe Dylan just couldn't get a good signal after he got to Vallecito.

Is it that uncommon for kids to not be on the phone/computer after 8pm? Our 17 y/o niece lives with us and is usually watching tv or reading at that time of the evening. I asked her about it and age said that she doesn't find it odd. Her first guess was maybe dad had a game system that Dylan was playing.

Just like other cases I am seeing a pattern....we want parents to talk but if they don't act like we see parents of missing children act on tv/movies then they continue to get bashed. I feel that the phrase "that boy" is very common and shows love. My thoughts are if he WOULD HAVE SAID "I LOVED that boy" that would be past tense as the action in the statement is past tense. I honestly feel people following this story are taking mom's words as fact...when in fact at this point they are rumors or her own opinion. She has no court docs to prove he is violent.

Now I will go back to my corner and lurk...

MOO!

If Dylan ran away, is it possible he broke into someone's summer home and is just chilling comfortably as opposed to camping/hiding in the woods? It might be someone that he's met before, someone with kids that stay for a couple months every summer. He's eating the food left in their pantry, maybe even still has power and is playing their video game system and watching dvds. :please:

Also, I think our fav reporter (Kevin Torres) did say that "cell signal has been dicey" on his FB page Sunday. Maybe Dylan just couldn't get a good signal after he got to Vallecito.

This scenario is exactly what I am hoping for. I picture this in my mind and so pray it is true. jmo

Well, in our first post on this tread, we can read the description of what Dylan was wearing when he was last seen:
Which was shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and baseball cap.
So I find it kind of confusing as to why Dylan would apparently be sleeping wearing his tennis shoes and a baseball cap, considering police does state father told them he last saw Dylan at 7:30 am. Did he never go to bed and was sitting in front of the TV, or what? Or they are not using the description of what he was wearing when he was last seen?
Sometimes my son will fall asleep in his comfy chair with his shoes on and wearing his hat while playing video games or watching Netflix on his gaming console, and sleep the whole night through (I can't lift a child his size, he is Dylan's age, and when I try to wake him up sometimes he just doesn't want to move from the recliner... so this could have happened and could also account for why there weren't any sheets or a pillow case to use during the search. Just a thought.

Is it that uncommon for kids to not be on the phone/computer after 8pm? Our 17 y/o niece lives with us and is usually watching tv or reading at that time of the evening. I asked her about it and age said that she doesn't find it odd. Her first guess was maybe dad had a game system that Dylan was playing.

Just like other cases I am seeing a pattern....we want parents to talk but if they don't act like we see parents of missing children act on tv/movies then they continue to get bashed. I feel that the phrase "that boy" is very common and shows love. My thoughts are if he WOULD HAVE SAID "I LOVED that boy" that would be past tense as the action in the statement is past tense. I honestly feel people following this story are taking mom's words as fact...when in fact at this point they are rumors or her own opinion. She has no court docs to prove he is violent.

Now I will go back to my corner and lurk...

MOO!

The phone worked the night before and should have worked the next day at the same location. What about not contacting the friends the next day to say hey, I slept in and can't make it, or I missed my ride, or sorry, I decided to go fishing instead.

The phone worked the night before and should have worked the next day at the same location. What about not contacting the friends the next day to say hey, I slept in and can't make it, or I missed my ride, or sorry, I decided to go fishing instead.

What location did he use the phone at the evening before?

I'm wondering if Dylan was sleeping so hard when his dad tried to wake him to go to his friends and didn't remember and when he did wake up was angry and took off in a huff.
When we were kids we always had to leave notes where we would be and what time we would be home.

Not really. I was trying to point out (not very well) how we always jump to the immediate conclusion that it is one of the parents. And that it rarely turns out to be. After watching the interview last night Mark Redwine reminded me of Mark Lunsford. Everyone thought he was responsible for his daughter's disappearance but we all know how that turned out.

I just hate for people to begin immediately taking sides especially against the parents. They are innocent until proven guilty and if one thinks they are guilty everything they do seems suspicious. This is just my opinion.

I'm not saying anyone is guilty. I am though, voicing my suspicions.

There is a reason why LE looks at the parents first. There is a reason why LE puts the last seen by person at the top of a suspect list. Who fits those descriptions and also has not been cleared by LE?

Good question, I wish we had those pings. My assumption is his dads house since that the impression we've been given, that they were at home. Your question gives me pause though.

In a perfect world, Dylan is sitting somewhere warm and safe.

Unfortunately, I don't think the world is anything resembling perfect for poor little Dylan.

All I have seen is that he texted his mom that he had arrived.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

She said she was awarded sole custody of Dylan on Sept. 21. Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody. On Nov. 18, Dylan flew here for his first visit with his father since that court decision, Elaine said.
Dylan texted her Sunday evening to let her know he had arrived and his father had picked him up, she said. That was the last she heard from him, and his phone hasn’t been used since around 8 p.m. Sunday.

I wonder what LE will do once the door to door search comes up with nothing. Did they take dogs to the fathers house or vehicles yet? I know my kids would be constantly on their electronics especially if they were someplace other than home, where there was little to keep them busy.And do I understand this right he texted the as soon as he arrived and nothing since? and it's been over a week?

BBM
I just realized something, Does anyone know if it has been reported where Dylan was at when he used his phone or what the text said, only reason I ask is because maybe his dad took him out to eat that night or took him somewhere, where cell service just happened to be better (if in fact his dad's house doesn't receive great service) If dad's house didn't have great service than maybe Dylan walked to go find good service in the am and met with foul play or hitched a ride and met with foul play or other scenarios. This is just so sad.
ETA: I see other posters have asked the same question a few post up... sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member