CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't odd at all, really. The reporter asked about the accusations his EX-wife made. MR said "God love her, God love everybody" with a bit of a disgusted snort (not really a snort but definitely frustration). Then he said he wasn't going to talk about that, his focus was on Dylan (or something pretty close).

Actually, I think he handled it very well. He has to be hurting from the accusations that have been thrown at him and he is refusing to take the bait. Good for him.

To me, he seemed sincere and distraught. The clip was short, but I found him believable.

Salem

You know, I agree.

On the details without the video, I totally had the dad pegged. It IS all too weird and convenient.

On video, not so much. The mom seemed more disingenuous to me than he did, although there is almost no chance she hurt him. He reminded me so much of my dad. Doesn't like the spot light, doesn't like fuss, doesn't like cameras, but doing what he needs to do and steering clear of any fuss. Awkward but sincere.

I find it unlikely that a parent would hurt a child of that age so soon after getting him. The older son hugged the dad, there is obviously a father/son affection, I trust the son's instincts here more than the ex-wife's. I don't see calculated and planned, I really don't.

Which leaves rage and temper, which I can totally see him having. I just can't see it without some build up. My impression is that he has a temper, but it comes out after much ignoring and overlooking and shaking of his head.... not a hot head type temper.

(And "that boy" is not hinky at all to me. Wording is not unusual of some southern men IMO. I find it common among men who weren't encouraged to be verbally or emotionally expressive, and maybe didn't have a nururing relationship with their own dad. It IS distancing, because the words don't come naturally, but the underlying feeling is there. Being emotionally expressive is uncomfortable, so they pull it back a bit with language structure. I hear that so much, so it doesn't strike me at all)

I call my son "the boy" a lot. Matter of fact, most of my coworkers only know him as "the boy."

I guess being on MBs for over a decade has taught me to pay no attention to that.

Countless cases I have followed through the years resulted in no one at all being ruled out before and until the suspect was caught.

For instances Marlene Lamar nor her boyfriend, Rick, were ever ruled out publicly even though behind the scenes LE already had their sights on a suspect. I could list many many cases where LE ruled no one out including parents until an arrest of the suspect was made.

Its just the way most LE handle it, imo.

IMO

Thanks, again still kinda new.

Thank you ! I was wondering and you answered some questions.
Many kids who die at the hands of their parents are never reported missing.....just killed in the home :( And also I thought of Dylan's age. He is kind of above the threshold of where you see parents kill their own. Not to say it could not happen, but most deaths are smaller kids... fussy or disobedient with impatient parents.

Good post, thanks !

You're welcome.:)

This is an excellent study because it includes 775 cases where children were abducted so it is a very large sample.

Crime & Safety > Homicide Investigation Tracking System (HITS) > Child Abduction Murder Research

2006 Child Abduction Murder Study

In late 1993, the Criminal Division of the Washington State Attorney General's Office undertook a 3-1/2 year research project, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, to study the investigation of child abduction murder cases.

In this first research project, published in 1997, researchers reviewed more than 600 child abduction murder cases across the United States, then interviewed the investigating detectives. This data provided law enforcement valuable insight into what investigative techniques tend to be most productive.

Now the Attorney General’s Office has released a follow-up study, including 175 additional solved cases. The additional cases generally reflect and support the findings in the original report with several significant and definite differences:

With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger.
The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased.
The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased.

Key findings:
In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

Key recommendations to protect children:
Be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. More than half of the study’s abductions took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

I would love nothing better than to eat crow. Even out of a paper bag. Praying Dylan is safe and will be home soon. I just cant rule out what my gut feels. Trying :waitasec:

True but approximately 115 children go missing each year that were taken by complete strangers. That is over 2 children a week being abducted by strangers and we see the countless attempted abduction cases of children by strangers in the news just about everyday. Those children who are abducted by a stranger most of the time wind up dead within 72 hours.

When a child is reported missing though only 14% of the time was the parent involved when the child was later found murdered.

Around 400 children are murdered by their bio parent each year(31% bio dads-30% bio mothers), but most of those are not reported as missing children but children living in the home where parents pretend the child had an 'accident' and died. Most call 911 to report the 'accident' thinking they can cover up the abuse until an autopsy reveals it was no accident but a homicide.

The percentage lessens too when killed by a parent the older the child gets. Most children killed by parents or 5 years old or less.

IMO

FWIW, It's not 76% of the 115.

http://us.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2816

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.

According to a 2006 study, Case Management for Missing Children Homicide: Report II, the murder of an abducted child is a rare event; an estimated 100 such incidents occur in the United States each year; however, the study further found that 76.2 percent of abducted children who are murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.

It makes sense. I haven't seen the video so I can't comment on him specifically but there's the adage that the most common fear is public speaking, even more so than death. I can understand people being paralysed by the idea of talking w/strangers, law enforcement, media, crowds, and turning into a complete basket case in a heavy situation like this where this stress could put someone over the edge.

I actually have a medical condition where intense onset of emotions causes a loss of muscle tone for a short period of time, which is pretty scary. It manifests in my knees buckling and my head knocking off to the side. Fortunately the treatment is helpful but it puts serious limitations on what I'm able to do in everyday life and I'm very prone to stress and emotions which puts me at risk for these attacks. If I were in a position like the Redwines are now, I would probably have to be hooked up to an IV to stay straight up.

So, I suppose there are many things about any given individual that could explain why keeping quiet makes perfect sense.

My hubby is one who would not be able to talk in front of the media, and if he was being interviewed by LE in a situation like this, I'm sure he would freeze up. Years ago when a CPS worker was interviewing us after his daughter came to live with us, he could not answer simple questions easily. He must have come across as a dope. When he feels he's being put on the spot for any reason, he just has a hard time expressing himself. He is not basically a shy person, but he can't stand being cornered. It's hard to understand, but he's actually very smart, it's like his mind goes blank when he's under pressure.

I call my son "the boy" a lot. Matter of fact, most of my coworkers only know him as "the boy."

We call our sons #1 son and #2 son. My dad used to call my brother "the boy." The dad calling him "that boy," might have just been the way he usually referred to him.

I would love nothing better than to eat crow. Even out of a paper bag. Praying Dylan is safe and will be home soon. I just cant rule out what my gut feels. Trying :waitasec:

Sadly I dont think Dylan is safe. I believe he either met with an accident ..possibly slipping and falling striking his head on rocks maybe at the lake if he went fishing or because he is prone to hitch-hike he got into a vehicle with someone he thought he could trust and it turned out he couldnt.:(

That is what my gut feelings are telling me and I never had any gut feelings that the father is involved in anyway whatsoever.

imo

My hubby is one who would not be able to talk in front of the media, and if he was being interviewed by LE in a situation like this, I'm sure he would freeze up. Years ago when a CPS worker was interviewing us after his daughter came to live with us, he could not answer simple questions easily. He must have come across as a dope. When he feels he's being put on the spot for any reason, he just has a hard time expressing himself. He is not basically a shy person, but he can't stand being cornered. It's hard to understand, but he's actually very smart, it's like his mind goes blank when he's under pressure.

^^ This is me. No good with words under pressure..

We call our sons #1 son and #2 son. My dad used to call my brother "the boy." The dad calling him "that boy," might have just been the way he usually referred to him.

We only have one son and four daughters. My hubby says all the time 'I just love that boy' even that 'boy' is 38 years old now. :)

imo

What I keep thinking is in all these cases it begins with accusing the parents. Either mom or dad depending on the circumstances. Now, please tell me in all the cases we have on this forum how many of them have resulted in the perp being the mom or the dad? When a child has disappeared and turned up dead name me one that it was a parent. tia

bbm, I would think that in most cases the parent is the last to see the "missing" child. I think of it as, a process of elimination.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/301765/346/Castle-Rock-mom-gets-life-terms-in-2-kids-deaths

Prosecutors argued she killed her 6-year-old daughter, Madigan, and 9-year-old son, Liam, as revenge against her husband after the couple filed for divorce.

FWIW, It's not 76% of the 115.

http://us.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2816

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.

According to a 2006 study, Case Management for Missing Children Homicide: Report II, the murder of an abducted child is a rare event; an estimated 100 such incidents occur in the United States each year; however, the study further found that 76.2 percent of abducted children who are murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.

Yes, murders of children period are still a rare event thank goodness. We have many millions of children in our population and growing. Even if you figure in the apprx. 400 murdered by parents or SOs etc and combine it with the ones who are murdered by a stranger it is still a very minute number compared to the overall population of children in the US.

Although losing a child due to being murdered no matter how few there are it is no less heartbreaking. Every child's life counts.

I dont base anything i feel on Dad's Interview or lack of prior. I just want to know that his time doing errands can be accounted for. Time stamp receipts,security cameras etc. If Dylan fell in the water while fishing he would have had to have his backpack on him for it to be missing. Yet the fishing rod is found. I wish LE could let is know these things. An abduction certainly is a possibility.

I dont base anything i feel on Dad's Interview or lack of prior. I just want to know that his time doing errands can be accounted for. Time stamp receipts,security cameras etc. If Dylan fell in the water while fishing he would have had to have his backpack on him for it to be missing. Yet the fishing rod is found. I wish LE could let is know these things. An abduction certainly is a possibility.

I for one do not personally believe the fishing rod (pole) that was found is Dylan's. But that's just me. jmo

Yes, even the police said they are considering Dylan either a runaway or he has been abducted. Something has to be leading them in that direction, imo.

They would have to locate which lake he went to I would think. Are there more than one lake in the area?

I have no doubt whatsover by the length of time that has now passed they have verified his father's alibi. Running errands would actually be easy to trace back and they have said he has cooperated fully from the beginning. So Im sure he told them every place he had to go that morning and they have checked it out.

IMO

I think it is even more important to analyze words that come off the top of someone's head. If he had written it out he would have edited himself.

There is a set of 'rules' in statement analysis that discuss the use of ' that boy' by people discussing their lost children. Sometimes it is seen as a way to distance oneself from the 'victim.' He could have chosen to say I Love Dylan or I Love MY SON. Saying ' that boy' is much less intimate and connected, so to speak. It does not mean he is guilty of anything of course. Just interesting to note.

I'm sure it seems strange to some people, but it's a very common phrase where I come from. I believe if the people who do these statement analysis things would travel around over the southern and southwestern states, and really listened to people, they would hear that phrase quite often. It is a term of endearment, fondness, exactly the opposite of distancing.

Yes, even the police said they are considering Dylan either a runaway or he has been abducted. Something has to be leading them in that direction, imo.

They would have to locate which lake he went to I would think. Are there more than one lake in the area?

I have no doubt whatsover by the length of time that has now passed they have verified his father's alibi. Running errands would actually be easy to trace back and they have said he has cooperated fully from the beginning. So Im sure he told them every place he had to go that morning and they have checked it out.

IMO

Police have never said that "abducted or runway" are the only two choices. That is not a "direction" anyway, but only the two possibility out of however many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123