CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and if they could explain why the dad couldn't provide LE with any article of clothing or a pillowcase or sheet that dylan had slept on.

and why dad was pointing them towards Dylan going fishing if Dylan was still asleep when he left

and why he wasn't answering calls from his older son and ex wife

IMO evidence works in two ways, it eliminates people or it can incriminate them, sometimes circumstantial evidence adds up to two and two making four.

I just thought of something re: non returned phone calls. Somewhere it's been said the reception was horrible and that may have been why Dylan's friends didn't hear from him late in the evening. You have to wander around that area, maybe outside the house on the porch to get a ' good signal' . So if dad is out looking , scouring the land for his son, maybe he didn't receive those calls. Maybe mom knows he rarely gets a signal there and is just using the statement to create more doubt against dad? ..........unless he has a landline, then I don't know what his excuse would be.

I'm the product of fine southern parents. (southeastern Tennessee)
I remember my grandfather and older uncles using the term "that boy" when speaking of their sons/grandsons. It was a term of endearment usually used when the boy did something wrong.
I'm wondering if Dylan's father is using it in the same way.
Maybe in his heart he believes that Dylan really did runaway?
It's old fashion, but... this is a guy that chooses to live in the boondocks so to speak.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe the father was simply lost on what exactly to do.
If this is an area where kids will hitchhike, it's probably the same type of place where it's inconceivable that something bad would happen.

Thank you for this post. My husband refers to our son as ' that boy' on a daily basis. I don't see it so much as 'any' boy like a previous poster said but more like ' everything' boy. THAT one right THERE, the only one that matters !

Okay, as usual I am going to play devil's advocate here. I think it took alot of courage for the Dad to come out and speak. I think it showed amazing strength in character to not say anything derogatory about his ex, especially under the circumstances. (I am very biased from having a very horrid divorce where my ex tried literally to kill me).

You must look at this from his eyes. His son came to see him, he pushed for the visit (as he should if he is a good dad). On his watch his son disappears and on top of the stress and emotional trauma of that, his ex points a finger at him. I am sure the guilt of his son missing is unbearable, then the finger pointing has to make him sad, scared, angry, and just an emotional mess.

But he did come out. He feels out of the loop I am sure. I am sure also he feels the glaring eyes and speculation of many and it has to be unbearable, compounded by his own guilty feelings, his son not being found and I cannot imagine what he is feeling with the totality of all the stresses.

I for one think he held up well, and I am not prepared to think poorly of him one way or another. All I know for sure is a young man who was not happy with his circumstances has vanished. I for one wonder if he did dupe his dad, planning on using his dad's errand time to head home to mom. It was just before Thanksgiving so lots of strangers on the roadways, perhaps he did take the wrong ride. Perhaps he made it home and is being hidden at that end so as to not get in trouble with the courts. I mean there are just so many many ways this could break down. I only hope this turns out to be something that allows him to be alive... IMHO

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ay’-----150-people-turn-out-for-Redwine-vigil
‘Gain hope each day’ 150 people turn out for Redwine vigil
Candles shone in the darkness as more than 150 people turned out for a vigil for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine on Tuesday evening at Eagle Park in Bayfield

Elaine Redwine, made comments to ABC News Radio on Monday saying she’s afraid her ex-husband might have had something to do with their son’s disappearance. Mark Redwine, who said he arrived late because he didn’t know about the vigil, obliquely responded to those comments during his speech.

“Unfortunately, his mother and I don’t see eye to eye,” he said. “I wish it could be different, because at a time like this, we should be together.”

Dylan’s older brother, Cory, 21, gave his father a hug after he spoke.

After the vigil, Elaine Redwine’s sister, Lia Howard, said she was surprised Mark Redwine came.

“But I’m glad he did,” she said.

Article Last Updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:53pm

Excerpt: "Elaine Redwine, made comments to ABC News Radio on Monday saying she’s afraid her ex-husband might have had something to do with their son’s disappearance. Mark Redwine, who said he arrived late because he didn’t know about the vigil, obliquely responded to those comments during his speech.

“Unfortunately, his mother and I don’t see eye to eye,” he said. “I wish it could be different, because at a time like this, we should be together.”

After the vigil, Elaine Redwine’s sister, Lia Howard, said she was surprised Mark Redwine came.

“But I’m glad he did,” she said."

Read more: http://durangoherald.com/article/20121127/NEWS01/121129616/-1/s

I have just been lurking in this forum until now. I just wanted to say that I think it's telling that the 21-year-old son hugged the father. The parents were married for some time (20 years?), so they were together for most of his life. Certainly he has some insight into his father's parenting and his temper, etc. IMO, if he thought his dad was capable of doing something to Dylan, he wouldn't be so friendly with him. I hope so, anyway. I'm tired of parents hurting their kids. :(

We have all been referring to a 'court ordered visitation' but I think we are forgetting who secured that court order. Dylan's father went to the time, and expense of getting that order so he could see his son on Thanksgiving. That doesn't sound like a father who doesn't love or care for Dylan. jmo

Exactly, and there is nothing sinister about it either. It just means the Judge approved the request.

ITA! It sounds like a father who loves his son very much and wants to spend time with him.

I have just been lurking in this forum until now. I just wanted to say that I think it's telling that the 21-year-old son hugged the father. The parents were married for some time (20 years?), so they were together for most of his life. Certainly he has some insight into his father's parenting and his temper, etc. IMO, if he thought his dad was capable of doing something to Dylan, he wouldn't be so friendly with him. I hope so, anyway. I'm tired of parents hurting their kids. :(

I dont think his older son thinks he has harmed Dylan.

Older children dont get caught up in all the drama that may come from one or both of the parents. I am sure they know how petty their parent or parents can be at times and they have learned to ignore it.

IMO

At this point I do not believe Dylan is out in the woods roughing it, no way ...no how. I have camped Colorado in the late fall, its hard even with proper gear. There is no way he is out there holding out this long.

So, my only hopes that I cling to are...

1. He ran away to a safe haven, and they have no idea he is being looked for. (which I find very unlikely since he is 13, someone even without a television would have contacted a parent to advice he is with them).

2. This was a very messy divorce and one or the other has him hidden away.

That sadly is the only hope I see.

I fear he left on his own volition, took the wrong ride and bit off more than he could chew. In this case we may never know, and that is my fear....IMHO

Yes, I know what case you are talking about. Also Caylee, already mentioned, and Bianca Jones. Who else? I must be blanking because I can't think of anymore. And I saw someone mention Susan Smith.

<Mod Snip>
Who was the guy who's three little boys have never been found and he's the only one suspected. Who was the little boy on a summer visit in Idaho with his mom and stepdad only to end up beaten to death and dumped in a canal? The little girl who's well to do dad took her to live with her mom and step sibs in a filthy trailer. Mom pimped her out and the guy killed her. There are more, so many I can't remember their names. And they were all reported missing. Oh and Trenton Ducket and Ethan Stacy.

I just thought of something re: non returned phone calls. Somewhere it's been said the reception was horrible and that may have been why Dylan's friends didn't hear from him late in the evening. You have to wander around that area, maybe outside the house on the porch to get a ' good signal' . So if dad is out looking , scouring the land for his son, maybe he didn't receive those calls. Maybe mom knows he rarely gets a signal there and is just using the statement to create more doubt against dad? ..........unless he has a landline, then I don't know what his excuse would be.

The phone was working the night before. It should have worked the next morning.

<Mod Snip>
Who was the guy who's three little boys have never been found and he's the only one suspected. Who was the little boy on a summer visit in Idaho with his mom and stepdad only to end up beaten to death and dumped in a canal? The little girl who's well to do dad took her to live with her mom and step sibs in a filthy trailer. Mom pimped her out and the guy killed her. There are more, so many I can't remember their names. And they were all reported missing. Oh and Trenton Ducket and Ethan Stacy.

But we cant forget either that other children have gone missing and the parents had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Yet some were falsely accused before it was found out what happened and who really took the child or children.

I just dont see any parental involvement in this particular case at this time.

Should LE come out and name one of the parents as a POI then I will change my opinion instantly but so far that has not happened and LE has said that both parents have been fully cooperative since Dylan went missing.

IMO

But we cant forget either that other children have gone missing and the parents had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Yet some were falsely accused before it was found out what happened and who really took the child or children.

I just dont see any parental involvement in this particular case at this time.

Should LE come out and name one of the parents as a POI then I will change my opinion instantly but so far that has not happened and LE has said that both parents have been fully cooperative since Dylan went missing.

IMO

The DOJ stats for homicides includes all homicides, including those who were originally reported missing. The most likely person to kill a child is a parent, their significant other or other similar caregiver. This includes children who were killed but reported missing.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ay’-----150-people-turn-out-for-Redwine-vigil
Candles shone in the darkness as more than 150 people turned out for a vigil for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine on Tuesday evening at Eagle Park in Bayfield

Elaine Redwine, made comments to ABC News Radio on Monday saying she’s afraid her ex-husband might have had something to do with their son’s disappearance. Mark Redwine, who said he arrived late because he didn’t know about the vigil, obliquely responded to those comments during his speech.

“But I’m glad he did,” she said.

It seems the community believes Dylan may have been abducted.

From your link.

Straw was the only one to give voice to one of the community’s deepest fears, that Dylan has been abducted.

It sure seems that those who actually know Dylan's father do not believe he harmed him, imo.

I wonder if they have had attempted abductions in their community before Dylan went missing?

I'm the product of fine southern parents. (southeastern Tennessee)
I remember my grandfather and older uncles using the term "that boy" when speaking of their sons/grandsons. It was a term of endearment usually used when the boy did something wrong.
I'm wondering if Dylan's father is using it in the same way.
Maybe in his heart he believes that Dylan really did runaway?
It's old fashion, but... this is a guy that chooses to live in the boondocks so to speak.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe the father was simply lost on what exactly to do.
If this is an area where kids will hitchhike, it's probably the same type of place where it's inconceivable that something bad would happen.

Being from the south too, I agree with you JustCryssy. "That boy" is terminology we see quite a bit here...and I even use it to say, "I just love that baby to pieces" (when speaking about my grand baby). So yes, you have a good point.

Don't ask me why I feel the way I do. I just do. Wish I didn't.

It seems he vanished without a trace....and had no contact with anyone after 8 pm the night he arrived.

Colorado communities are on heightened abduction alert. In the two months since Jessica was abducted, there have been countless reports of attempted abudctions and most of these "attempted abductions" were not. Probably everywhere, especially in Colorado, people are very apt to jump on the "child was abducted" bandwagon.

Now if members of LE were of the opinion Dylan was subjected to an abduction, they would be saying so. IMO

I hear what you all are saying and thank you for getting me to open my mind for different alternatives. The only thing I have a hard time with is neither parent has been ruled out. Yet.

The DOJ stats for homicides includes all homicides, including those who were originally reported missing. The most likely person to kill a child is a parent, their significant other or other similar caregiver. This includes children who were killed but reported missing.

True but approximately 115 children go missing each year that were taken by complete strangers. That is over 2 children a week being abducted by strangers and we see the countless attempted abduction cases of children by strangers in the news just about everyday. Those children who are abducted by a stranger most of the time wind up dead within 72 hours.

When a child is reported missing though only 14% of the time was the parent involved when the child was later found murdered.

Around 400 children are murdered by their bio parent each year(31% bio dads-30% bio mothers), but most of those are not reported as missing children but children living in the home where parents pretend the child had an 'accident' and died. Most call 911 to report the 'accident' thinking they can cover up the abuse until an autopsy reveals it was no accident but a homicide.

The percentage lessens too when killed by a parent the older the child gets. Most children killed by parents or 5 years old or less.

IMO

True but approximately 115 children go missing each year that were taken by complete strangers. That is over 2 children a week being abducted by strangers and we see the countless attempted abduction cases of children by strangers in the news just about everyday. Those children who are abducted by a stranger most of the time wind up dead within 72 hours.

When a child is reported missing though only 14% of the time was the parent involved when the child was later found murdered.

Around 400 children are murdered by their bio parent each year(31% bio dads-30% bio mothers), but most of those are not reported as missing children but children living in the home where parents pretend the child had an 'accident' and died. Most call 911 to report the 'accident' thinking they can cover up the abuse until an autopsy reveals it was no accident but a homicide.

The percentage lessens too when killed by a parent the older the child gets. Most children killed by parents or 5 years old or less.

IMO
Thank you ! I was wondering and you answered some questions.
Many kids who die at the hands of their parents are never reported missing.....just killed in the home :( And also I thought of Dylan's age. He is kind of above the threshold of where you see parents kill their own. Not to say it could not happen, but most deaths are smaller kids... fussy or disobedient with impatient parents.

Good post, thanks !

I hear what you all are saying and thank you for getting me to open my mind for different alternatives. The only thing I have a hard time with is neither parent has been ruled out. Yet.

I guess being on MBs for over a decade has taught me to pay no attention to that.

Countless cases I have followed through the years resulted in no one at all being ruled out before and until the suspect was caught.

For instances Marlene Lamar nor her boyfriend, Rick, were ever ruled out publicly even though behind the scenes LE already had their sights on a suspect. I could list many many cases where LE ruled no one out including parents until an arrest of the suspect was made.

Its just the way most LE handle it, imo.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member