CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could name quite a few, including a recent case that is in the located forum right now.

Yes, I know what case you are talking about. Also Caylee, already mentioned, and Bianca Jones. Who else? I must be blanking because I can't think of anymore. And I saw someone mention Susan Smith.

I don't always suspect the parents in missing kid's cases. Sometimes it seems more probable that the kid ran away or met up with danger somewhere else. But there were a lot of hinky things here from the start. Now it MIGHT be that the dad has some bad luck with awful reporters making his story sound inconsistent, and that there were unexplained circumstances that would make this seem less suspicious. But the way this case originally unfolded made me very suspicious of his story.

Now maybe if someone can come in and fill in the details, and explain why Dylan couldn't receive his calls or reply to any of the calls that morning, then this would look less hinky. And if we could hear what he was doing for 4 hours that morning, without calling to check in with his 13 yr old who was alone in the house, that would make me less suspicious too. And explain why it took him until 5:30 to call for help in finding his son.

Actually, the question about what missing child cases we followed where the parent(s) killed the child made me realize that their really aren't that many that fit that description. The "Crimes Against Children" forum is mostly filled with kids who are killed after a period of horrific abuse. Most are never reported missing. We have many missing kids where we suspect the parent(s) but no arrest. But I honestly can't think of that many cases where the child is reported missing and then the parent is arrested for their murder.

The point I was trying to make is that too soon we jump to accusing one or the other of the parent. In this case of course it is the father. He was the last one to see Dylan. But, other than that I don't know why we would suspect him. Just give him a chance. Don't jump to conclusions based on really no facts. I have not chosen sides and that is what it seems to me is done in many cases. I have no idea what has happened, but I am willing to wait for all the facts. I don't blame Mom or Dad because I don't know. And I will not claim or act like I do. jmo

Yes, I know what case you are talking about. Also Caylee, already mentioned, and Bianca Jones. Who else? I must be blanking because I can't think of anymore. And I saw someone mention Susan Smith.

Jake Kimbley

Thanks jjenny - I watched it. It was even shorter than Dad's video! Now... I'm beat and calling it a night.

I hope this child is home by morning. I hope this is a simple runaway case, that Dylan is fine, hiding in the woods and that he is now tired and hungry and he comes home for breakfast. I hope, I hope, I hope!

Salem

I find it extremely unlikely that a 13 year old would be able to sit in the woods all this time, without contacting anyone. What is he eating? Where is he sleeping?

Thank you, but that is not an answer to my question. I do however realize now that there are many more children that have disappeared than the ones I have followed here. I am speaking of HC, HD, AM, JR, JL, AD, CC, LI. These families have all been accused and I am sure there are more. jmo

I think that in some cases, like Celina Cass, Jon Benet, and Ayla, and Hailey Dunn and Baby Lisa, and maybe Isabel, the family is the guilty party, but there is not enough evidence.

eta: I think it is hard to find evidence against the family because there is a reason for their DNA to be there and there are no other witnesses in a home. So a family has means, motive and opportunity in every case.

Jake Kimbley

That is the one I was trying to think of. What about the baby that was "missing" when Mom woke up not to long ago and was found dead by the cemetery. His mom killed him because he was crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came home from work tonight hoping I would read that Dylan was home. Still praying for you buddy!

And Zahara Baker.
Jhessye Shockley

I think that in some cases, like Celina Cass, Jon Benet, and Ayla, and Hailey Dunn and Baby Lisa, and maybe Isabel, the family is the guilty party, but there is not enough evidence.

You may be right. I don't know.

And Zahara Baker.
Jhessye Shockley

Also, I cannot remember their names, but two cases of young mothers who called 911 from parks, saying they were knocked out by strangers, and when they wake up their child is gone. Both of them killed their toddlers, and were found guilty. One mom was from southern california, IIRC.

Also, Sky. M, whose mom claimed he was taken from a car. We all know she did something to him. :mad:

I think in this case, it is possible that there was an accident. JMO

I don't always suspect the parents in missing kid's cases. Sometimes it seems more probable that the kid ran away or met up with danger somewhere else. But there were a lot of hinky things here from the start. Now it MIGHT be that the dad has some bad luck with awful reporters making his story sound inconsistent, and that there were unexplained circumstances that would make this seem less suspicious. But the way this case originally unfolded made me very suspicious of his story.

Now maybe if someone can come in and fill in the details, and explain why Dylan couldn't receive his calls or reply to any of the calls that morning, then this would look less hinky. And if we could hear what he was doing for 4 hours that morning, without calling to check in with his 13 yr old who was alone in the house, that would make me less suspicious too. And explain why it took him until 5:30 to call for help in finding his son.

and if they could explain why the dad couldn't provide LE with any article of clothing or a pillowcase or sheet that dylan had slept on.

and why dad was pointing them towards Dylan going fishing if Dylan was still asleep when he left

and why he wasn't answering calls from his older son and ex wife

IMO evidence works in two ways, it eliminates people or it can incriminate them, sometimes circumstantial evidence adds up to two and two making four.

‘Gain hope each day’ 150 people turn out for Redwine vigil

Article Last Updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:53pm

Excerpt: "Elaine Redwine, made comments to ABC News Radio on Monday saying she’s afraid her ex-husband might have had something to do with their son’s disappearance. Mark Redwine, who said he arrived late because he didn’t know about the vigil, obliquely responded to those comments during his speech.

“Unfortunately, his mother and I don’t see eye to eye,” he said. “I wish it could be different, because at a time like this, we should be together.”

Dylan’s older brother, Cory, 21, gave his father a hug after he spoke.

After the vigil, Elaine Redwine’s sister, Lia Howard, said she was surprised Mark Redwine came.

“But I’m glad he did,” she said."

Read more: http://durangoherald.com/article/20121127/NEWS01/121129616/-1/s

I watched dad's interview and had compassion for him.

Unfortunately, my vault is still sealed. He's gonna have to say a bit more than, 'i love that boy' to break it open.

Dylan, where are you? Please come home! Your family needs you.....

I'm the product of fine southern parents. (southeastern Tennessee)
I remember my grandfather and older uncles using the term "that boy" when speaking of their sons/grandsons. It was a term of endearment usually used when the boy did something wrong.
I'm wondering if Dylan's father is using it in the same way.
Maybe in his heart he believes that Dylan really did runaway?
It's old fashion, but... this is a guy that chooses to live in the boondocks so to speak.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe the father was simply lost on what exactly to do.
If this is an area where kids will hitchhike, it's probably the same type of place where it's inconceivable that something bad would happen.

That is the one I was trying to think of. What about the baby that was "missing" when Mom woke up not to long ago and was found dead by the cemetery. His mom killed him because he was crying.

Little Tyler Dasher? :(

He was found not far from my home.....my heart still hurts whenever I drive past that area.....

This wasn't odd at all, really. The reporter asked about the accusations his EX-wife made. MR said "God love her, God love everybody" with a bit of a disgusted snort (not really a snort but definitely frustration). Then he said he wasn't going to talk about that, his focus was on Dylan (or something pretty close).

Actually, I think he handled it very well. He has to be hurting from the accusations that have been thrown at him and he is refusing to take the bait. Good for him.

To me, he seemed sincere and distraught. The clip was short, but I found him believable.

Salem

Agreed ! I'm very glad to have seen dad talk. I've seen some shows with the body language experts on them, as I'm sure a lot of us have ;) When he said God Love her,,,etc. , he was looking straight forward, no blinking, no looking side to side. These are the things that body language experts say are showing deceit and he did not show that. Of course I'm no pro, but he at least SEEMED like he was not hiding any other emotion/ intention in those statements. Much better to say God love her than to say ' shes out of her mind' or anything even slightly negative about mom. He probably knows her pretty well and expected as much from her so it's not as surprising to him as it is to us to hear her accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123