CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Just yesterday many of followed the case of a 3 year old that "disappeared" from the park only to turn up in a landfill after his mother beat him to death! And let's not forget Caylee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that was a serious question and thank you for your answer. I am not familar with that case. Who was it? And of course we all know Caylee.

It's interesting that dad changed from using the pronoun "I" to using the pronoun "everyone" in that awkward sentence where he distances himself.

I think the sentence "My focus is on Dylan and what he needs from us" is very peculiar. What he needs from us? Huh? Most people would state "My focus is finding my son, Dylan".

When putting this in context with what we know, this did not raise any flags with me.

Mom and dad have been fighting over custody and maybe Dylan was not that happy to go to dad's or maybe Dylan wants to live with dad and is unhappy that he will have to return to mom's. Either way, I think dad was trying to let Dylan know that everyone wants him home. Switching from I to 'everyone" in this case seemed to fit to me. I think the same about "what he needs from us." Dylan is old enough to know about the court battles and the custody issues. I heard this as Dad trying to let Dylan know that Dad is thinking about/including everybody.

Hard to say, but with all the custody stuff going on and recent visitation, etc. the speech pattern seemed didn't seem off to me.

Now I want to see mom speak. Has she been on video yet?

Salem

Are you serious? You can't name any cases where child went missing, and a parent was arrested and charged?

Not really. Not that has been followed on this forum. That is why I asked.

Yes, that was a serious question and thank you for your answer. I am not familar with that case. Who was it? And of course we all know Caylee.

Emilliano Terry - Ohio. He was a beautiful little boy and the outcome was beyond tragic.

And it was a valid question. There are many, many cases here on WS alone, and we don't even have them all, where the perp was a parent or the parent's "important" one. Very, very sad.

For specific cases, you can always take a look at the Spotlight - Crimes Against Children forum. You will find 5 to 10 cases on the first page alone :(

Salem

When putting this in context with what we know, this did not raise any flags with me.

Mom and dad have been fighting over custody and maybe Dylan was not that happy to go to dad's or maybe Dylan wants to live with dad and is unhappy that he will have to return to mom's. Either way, I think dad was trying to let Dylan know that everyone wants him home. Switching from I to 'everyone" in this case seemed to fit to me. I think the same about "what he needs from us." Dylan is old enough to know about the court battles and the custody issues. I heard this as Dad trying to let Dylan know that Dad is thinking about/including everybody.

Hard to say, but with all the custody stuff going on and recent visitation, etc. the speech pattern seemed didn't seem off to me.

Now I want to see mom speak. Has she been on video yet?

Salem

Mother did speak on camera.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.ULWocWfwGSo

Why didn't Dylan turn his phone on in the morning after waking up?

I don't know. Maybe he was busy getting dressed, brushing his teeth and planning what he was going to do? Maybe he did runaway and he knew if he turned his phone on, it would ping and they would find him. He's 13 and probably very aware of the repercussions of owning a cell phone. Probably knows about the GPS ability, etc. Maybe he didn't turn it on, because he didn't want to be found? I'm just speculating here. I don't know.

Is Dylan a boy scout? Anyone know? Have we been given that info yet?

Salem

What I keep thinking is in all these cases it begins with accusing the parents. Either mom or dad depending on the circumstances. Now, please tell me in all the cases we have on this forum how many of them have resulted in the perp being the mom or the dad? When a child has disappeared and turned up dead name me one that it was a parent. tia

It's most likely to be a parent or a significant other of the parent or similar type of caregiver than anyone else. Go to the Department of Justice website. You can find child homicide stats there.

I don't know. Maybe he was busy getting dressed, brushing his teeth and planning what he was going to do? Maybe he did runaway and he knew if he turned his phone on, it would ping and they would find him. He's 13 and probably very aware of the repercussions of owning a cell phone. Probably knows about the GPS ability, etc. Maybe he didn't turn it on, because he didn't want to be found? I'm just speculating here. I don't know.

Is Dylan a boy scout? Anyone know? Have we been given that info yet?

Salem

According to his mother he normally uses that cell phone frequently. I don't think a 13 year old is going to be able to change his habits and not use his cell phone in all this time.

I don't think that this was a speech MR worked out before hand so I don't think his words should be analyzed. Changing pronouns? I do not think he intentionally distanced himself. How do you analyze 'I love that boy'? I don't see anything wrong with what he said. jmo

I think it is even more important to analyze words that come off the top of someone's head. If he had written it out he would have edited himself.

There is a set of 'rules' in statement analysis that discuss the use of ' that boy' by people discussing their lost children. Sometimes it is seen as a way to distance oneself from the 'victim.' He could have chosen to say I Love Dylan or I Love MY SON. Saying ' that boy' is much less intimate and connected, so to speak. It does not mean he is guilty of anything of course. Just interesting to note.

I believe Dad is completely sincere in his grief and his desire to just have his child back but I would honestly expect to pick up some guilty cues from him anyway. The man went to court to get an order mandating this visit and less than 24 hours later his child vanished. The "what ifs" must be weighing heavily on him. That sort of guilt could destroy a parent.

What I keep thinking is in all these cases it begins with accusing the parents. Either mom or dad depending on the circumstances. Now, please tell me in all the cases we have on this forum how many of them have resulted in the perp being the mom or the dad? When a child has disappeared and turned up dead name me one that it was a parent. tia

The family is society‘s most violent social group. A parent/stepparent commits the majority of all the homicides of children. When parents kill their child they are more likely to dispose of the body where it is very unlikely to be found. Think of all the missing children cases where you KNOW a parent or parents killed the child and the only reason they aren't prosecuted is because the body cannot be found/proven dead/proven not abducted.

Here is another name for you: Caylee Anthony

I think it is even more important to analyze words that come off the top of someone's head. If he had written it out he would have edited himself.

There is a set of 'rules' in statement analysis that discuss the use of ' that boy' by people discussing their lost children. Sometimes it is seen as a way to distance oneself from the 'victim.' He could have chosen to say I Love Dylan or I Love MY SON. Saying ' that boy' is much less intimate and connected, so to speak. It does not mean he is guilty of anything of course. Just interesting to note.

that was the first thing i noticed too!...the others were with haliegh cummings, jon benet, and haley dunn and oh yeah, caylee anthony...

saying that boy to me sounds like it could any boy...not my or your boy, but that boy. but without establishing a baseline library of vocabulary for a person its hard to tell if the use of the word "that" cant really be determined to be something negative...could mean nothing...but i gotta say, after hearing in all of the other cases it sure made my ears perk up....

It's most likely to be a parent or a significant other of the parent or similar type of caregiver than anyone else. Go to the Department of Justice website. You can find child homicide stats there.

Thank you, but that is not an answer to my question. I do however realize now that there are many more children that have disappeared than the ones I have followed here. I am speaking of HC, HD, AM, JR, JL, AD, CC, LI. These families have all been accused and I am sure there are more. jmo

Actually, the question about what missing child cases we followed where the parent(s) killed the child made me realize that their really aren't that many that fit that description. The "Crimes Against Children" forum is mostly filled with kids who are killed after a period of horrific abuse. Most are never reported missing. We have many missing kids where we suspect the parent(s) but no arrest. But I honestly can't think of that many cases where the child is reported missing and then the parent is arrested for their murder.

ETA: It would be interesting to see some analysis of parents who kill their child and call 911 trying to pass it off as accident and parents who kill their child, dump the body, and report them as missing.

Susan Smith

Actually, the question about what missing child cases we followed where the parent(s) killed the child made me realize that their really aren't that many that fit that description. The "Crimes Against Children" forum is mostly filled with kids who are killed after a period of horrific abuse. Most are never reported missing. We have many missing kids where we suspect the parent(s) but no arrest. But I honestly can't think of that many cases where the child is reported missing and then the parent is arrested for their murder.

I could name quite a few, including a recent case that is in the located forum right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123