CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My impressions were kind of mixed. He does look upset and tired. In fact his eyes were pretty red.

The first part of it when he was talking about being concerned about Dylan, he did seem genuine IMO. When the reporter said something like "there are some in the community pointing a finger at you" Mark's body language seemed to visibly change and he was clearly uncomfortable with that line of questioning. That is when he said "God love them, God loves everyone"
No denial? Peter Hyatt is going to have a field day.

I think over the past days, I was wondering what kind of person doesn't put himself out there, begging for people to look for his son, taking part in community searches, talking to people and the media.

Seeing the interview, he strikes me to be probably not someone very good at talking. He seems kind of blue collar to me, I don't know what kind of work he does but I don't picture him sitting at a desk, talking on the phone, making presentations. Does this make any sense?

That makes perfect sense. I was actually wondering about this earlier. My ex-husband is that way and Dylan's dad kept reminding me of him. Ex is not comfortable speaking at all. He is very self conscious at the best of times but to make things worse he develops a stutter when he is nervous. He also avoids confrontation at all costs. If I were to make disparaging remarks about him he would quite likely express disappointment and hurt but he wouldn't lash out in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I got something confused?

wasn't Dylan supposed to have been meeting friends at 6.30?

yet he was still asleep at 7.30 when his Dad went to run some errands?

I admire people who try to remain open. My mind is sealed off like a vault. Enough said.

I think over the past days, I was wondering what kind of person doesn't put himself out there, begging for people to look for his son, taking part in community searches, talking to people and the media.

Seeing the interview, he strikes me to be probably not someone very good at talking. He seems kind of blue collar to me, I don't know what kind of work he does but I don't picture him sitting at a desk, talking on the phone, making presentations. Does this make any sense?

It makes sense. I haven't seen the video so I can't comment on him specifically but there's the adage that the most common fear is public speaking, even more so than death. I can understand people being paralysed by the idea of talking w/strangers, law enforcement, media, crowds, and turning into a complete basket case in a heavy situation like this where this stress could put someone over the edge.

I actually have a medical condition where intense onset of emotions causes a loss of muscle tone for a short period of time, which is pretty scary. It manifests in my knees buckling and my head knocking off to the side. Fortunately the treatment is helpful but it puts serious limitations on what I'm able to do in everyday life and I'm very prone to stress and emotions which puts me at risk for these attacks. If I were in a position like the Redwines are now, I would probably have to be hooked up to an IV to stay straight up.

So, I suppose there are many things about any given individual that could explain why keeping quiet makes perfect sense.

No denial? Peter Hyatt is going to have a field day.

He didn't have a chance to say much....the vigil was just over (I think) and dad seemed to be emotional and focused on Dylan. Reporter just couldn't help himself, I guess. Had to bring up moms accusations. Done. And, I don't blame him. IMO, the media is pathetic.

Thanks for posting that link, I didn't realize that the beginning words of Mark were done during the vigil. (I was trying so hard to catch his words, I didn't even realize he was speaking to the group at that point and not directly to the reporter). Sorry

He didn't have a chance to say much....the vigil was just over (I think) and dad seemed to be emotional and focused on Dylan. Reporter just couldn't help himself, I guess. Had to bring up moms accusations. Done. And, I don't blame him. IMO, the media is pathetic.

Did you see the actual t.v. footage or the video? I watched the t.v. live stream and at the beginning it looked to me like Mark was hugging his older son. Did you see that? I wish I could see the broadcast again.

I agree he was very emotional. It was heartfelt to me and made me sad. I feel so sorry for him and Dylan's brother. I haven't seen the mother but I am sure I would feel the same for her. jmo

jmo but it's the media's job to ask questions and look for answers. The mom is asked questions and she answers them, whether one likes her answers or not or likes that she's talking or not, she's open and unfiltered and is putting it all out there and is clearly concerned and desperate to find her kid. She knows she put her son on a plane to see his father and hours later he went missing. As of right now per WS rules I'll say I'm very sorry for dad's pain. I still have about 500 questions for him and if I were a reporter I'd love to ask him as many as possible. Not in an accusatory way but because he's the father and the advocate for this child and the last person to see the child, the person who holds more information than anyone else.
All JMO.

Parents and families make all the difference in keeping their missing child's case in the spotlight vs fading into obscurity.

Did you see the actual t.v. footage or the video? I watched the t.v. live stream and at the beginning it looked to me like Mark was hugging his older son. Did you see that? I wish I could see the broadcast again.

I agree he was very emotional. It was heartfelt to me and made me sad. I feel so sorry for him and Dylan's brother. I haven't seen the mother but I am sure I would feel the same for her. jmo

I don't know what I watched...lol. Started with a reporter....

jmo but it's the media's job to ask questions and look for answers. The mom is asked questions and she answers them, whether one likes her answers or not or likes that she's talking or not, she's open and unfiltered and is putting it all out there and is clearly concerned and desperate to find her kid. She knows she put her son on a plane to see his father and hours later he went missing. As of right now per WS rules I'll say I'm very sorry for dad's pain. I still have about 500 questions for him and if I were a reporter I'd love to ask him as many as possible. Not in an accusatory way but because he's the father and the advocate for this child and the last person to see the child, the person who holds more information than anyone else.
All JMO.

Parents and families make all the difference in keeping their missing child's case in the spotlight vs fading into obscurity.

Going tit for tat with his ex is NOT going to find Dylan. We can agree to disagree....ok?

Wow- very difficult to watch- and read what D'sMom34 kindly transcribed. One of mine is 13. Feeling horrible for them all is an understatement.
Where are you Dylan?

Going tit for tat with his ex is NOT going to find Dylan. We can agree to disagree....ok?

But what is the tit for tat? I am sure the reporters want to know details of how Dylan went missing, not about fathers' relationship with his ex-wife.

Sorry, but your post makes no sense to me. Can you elaborate?
Thanks in Advance.

QUOTE=Amster;8586188]Going tit for tat with his ex is NOT going to find Dylan. We can agree to disagree....ok?[/QUOTE]

But what is the tit for tat? I am sure the reporters want to know details of how Dylan went missing, not about fathers' relationship with his ex-wife.

Then why was this the reporters last question? Redwine said he did not want to address his issues with his wife, but focus on finding Dylan. What could anyone possibly find wrong with that? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123