CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I'm not getting this sense of urgency or danger from LE re: a predator, but that could be just me.

I get the same sense, but I think there's always more going on than we see perhaps w/a managed urgency. A member of the media should ask for a picture of their war room (or whatever they call it) like they did in Jessica's case... I thought that was an odd request then and still do now, though it was really amazing to see how many resources were devoted to Jessica's case. At the same time kinda depressing knowing that not every missing child and adult are afforded that same luxury of dozens and dozens of professionals working their case :(
It can never move fast enough :moo:

Hi guys I have just briefly read through this thread, so am sure you have already discussed this....but mum and dad are not on good terms and there has been custody issues, is that correct??? doesnt mum now have sole custody?

I am wondering if this is a case of being hidden/hiding for custody reasons.........I know pretty hard with a 13 year old boy and knowing that he is missing dad cant just pop him up again without someone noticing. But things like this have happened before.

I dont know if you remember over here in Australia Natasha ???, she was a young girl that went missing, they thought she was a victim of a serial killer who was in the area at the time (the ironic thing is we dont have many serial killers and it just happened to be at the time in a town of about 80 000 people) and she had been hiding at her boyfriends house in the cupboard for years...

just seems a bit of a coincidence re custody issues and the boy going missing.

I would like to point out that mom's instincts were right on one thing, that Dylan wasn't a runaway, which she's been insisting and maintaining from the very beginning.

I never believed that Dylan would runaway from his dad's home.

Im glad they are finally discounting that.

From what I have read he was a happy kid looking forward to seeing his friends in the town he grew up in.

IMO

perhaps he may not be being held by someone we would classify as a predator...just throwing different theories out there

someone who is not classified as a predator sounds better than someone we could classify as a predator to me, I think?

I find it strange is all that it hasn't seemed alot of us asking about the kids, and well as we all know there is something that could go there, and no information about them really, or there families....and as we all know it was a teen that committed the crime with little Jessica.

If Dylan called/texted one of his friends and ended up communicating w/someone about a ride, then LE ALREADY KNOWS about it. IMO. He would have used the landline or his cell, or a computer or x-box, and LE would have looked at ALL of that communication first thing. JMO

Hi guys I have just briefly read through this thread, so am sure you have already discussed this....but mum and dad are not on good terms and there has been custody issues, is that correct??? doesnt mum now have sole custody?

I am wondering if this is a case of being hidden/hiding for custody reasons.........I know pretty hard with a 13 year old boy and knowing that he is missing dad cant just pop him up again without someone noticing. But things like this have happened before.

I dont know if you remember over here in Australia Natasha ???, she was a young girl that went missing, they thought she was a victim of a serial killer who was in the area at the time (the ironic thing is we dont have many serial killers and it just happened to be at the time in a town of about 80 000 people) and she had been hiding at her boyfriends house in the cupboard for years...

Custody was joint/shared since the divorce in 2007. Mom moved this past summer (2012) to another city in CO (about 5-6 hours away) and was granted sole custody. This was the first time for Dylan to be going "home" to see dad. Dylan was raised in/around where dad lives.

I initially thought the same thing with JR. There was a custody hearing the day she disappeared, IIRC. I mean, if you're fighting for custody of a kid, a surefire way to sway things in your favor would be to make it appear that the other parent wasn't responsible enough to have custody, right?

It's just too cruel, though. I can't imagine that someone would actually do it.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Custody was joint/shared since the divorce in 2007. Mom moved this past summer (2012) to another city in CO (about 5-6 hours away) and was granted sole custody. This was the first time for Dylan to be going "home" to see dad. Dylan was raised in/around where dad lives.

Unless there was a change in the law that I'm unaware of, there is no "sole custody" in Colorado. There is primary custody, with visitation arrangements determined by the judge. Found this out when dh wanted "sole custody" of his son.

eta: the best you can do is primary custody.

Unless there was a change in the law that I'm unaware of, there is no "sole custody" in Colorado. There is primary custody, with visitation arrangements determined by the judge. Found this out when dh wanted "sole custody" of his son.

Thanks for the correction. Primary is the correct word. I was using mom's word in this link:
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

When our daughter in laws ex moved away she became sole physical custodian of the children so she could make the daily decisions since the children were in her physical care and lived with her.

Her ex is a great father but he knew it was foolish to keep joint custody when he lived so far away from them so he agreed that she should have sole physical custody but he does have visitation rights of course. He flies both children out to be with him and his family two months out of the summer. He also can see them on certain holidays too but it is just too far and expensive for him to come or fly them in on every holiday. He has come here before though and stayed for a week in a hotel while they were out for spring break.

IMO

Thanks.

Yes, I suspected it was something like physical custody here in Georgia.

One will have physical custody of the child or children and the other parent will have visitation rights. This usually happens here when one parent moves away.

IMO

All I have seen is that he texted his mom that he had arrived.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

She said she was awarded sole custody of Dylan on Sept. 21. Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody. On Nov. 18, Dylan flew here for his first visit with his father since that court decision, Elaine said.
Dylan texted her Sunday evening to let her know he had arrived and his father had picked him up, she said. That was the last she heard from him, and his phone hasn’t been used since around 8 p.m. Sunday.

It's funny how the same quote can give people totally different impressions. Apologies if this has been discussed already, but all along I figured he was just leaving the airport and was likely in his Dad's car when he sent the text. It didn't even occur to me that he'd wait til he got to his Dad's house to send the text. Of course it could be either, though.

My divorce from ex went through in Boulder County in 1989. I was awarded sole full custody and if my ex had gone forward in demanding visitation he would have had to take me back to court which he did not do. I beg to differ.

If Dylan called/texted one of his friends and ended up communicating w/someone about a ride, then LE ALREADY KNOWS about it. IMO. He would have used the landline or his cell, or a computer or x-box, and LE would have looked at ALL of that communication first thing. JMO
I think they would need a warrant for the phone records and that would take time, so they may not have them just yet.

Can we pull up the timeline someone had started and was being worked on as a group the other day? And can we start fine tuning that again with what new news we have?

Also I want to recheck the possible flight options and compare that to the 6pm Sunday start time LE looks to be starting with.

My first thought is they are trying to confirm the last actual, independent sighting of Dylan. Does that make sense?

someone up thread mentioned the new 6 p.m. Sat. To ? sun. (Sorry forgot exact time) could mean LE may be looking for someone coming into town... Maybe an outsider? Who came , parked somewhere/how...And who may have taken Dylan?

I have no idea... I am just trying to keep myself from tunnel vision...

Just a thought...

I think they would need a warrant for the phone records and that would take time, so they may not have them just yet.

They could get Dylans records immediately, because I am sure he is on his parents cell plan. The mom could get his full records within 10 minutes of calling her provider.

The landline could be had without a warrant as well, if the father gives permission.

True that LE has been doing their due diligence with all the phone records, internet, etc. BUT search warrant(s) are/is required and that takes time to get them and then serve one on _____# of cellphone company(s) + any landline, ISP, etc. It takes time and I don't know that that has all happened yet. IMO

True that LE has been doing their due diligence with all the phone records, internet, etc. BUT search warrant(s) are/is required and that takes time to get them and then serve one on _____# of cellphone company(s) + any landline, ISP, etc. It takes time and I don't know that that has all happened yet. IMO

They do not need a search warrant for Dylans cell. His mom can get his records immediately. I have done so myself with my kids cells. [ when my DD's was stolen.]And when my friend's DD ran away [ briefly] she was able to get a full print out from the cell provider in a mater of minutes. You just need to be the person in charge of the bill, and you can have ALL of the records of texts and calls. No warrant needed.

If Dylan wss paying the bill himself then they would need a warrant, but I bet it is in his mom's name.

They could get Dylans records immediately, because I am sure he is on his parents cell plan. The mom could get his full records within 10 minutes of calling her provider.

The landline could be had without a warrant as well, if the father gives permission.

Permission or not it would depend on what the phone company require for that(talking about landline of MR)...as far as that, I have no clue. but pushing redial on a phone would be a good start....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV