CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if dad has a big barking dog that lives in the house ?
sorry if it's been covered

I don't think so. I read that dad is away from home and out of state for work much of the year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIJ3LGd2Qo"]Where is Dylan Redwine - YouTube[/ame]

Wonder if someone didn't like the recent arrangement handed down by the courts so much that they planned how to make the beneficiary of that arrangement appear unstable/untrustworthy. Isn't the custody/divorce arrangement still a very ripe issue?

But then what. Does she just let the boy go and say 'sorry' or ?

Yes I agree, that's why I was saying AFAIK he got on the plane, meaning that at least a handful of other people had to have seen him. I would think a 13 year old traveling alone might draw more attention than your average passenger too - not in a bad way, just people trying to make conversation or make him more comfortable or whatever, particularly flight attendants or passengers seated nearby. I hope if any of them recognized him they've called in to at least tell whatever little they might know about his trip.

Sorry; didn't mean to sound snarky :blushing:....thread is moving so fast...

I have earbuds in; Mom's watching TV; dogs are barking

:banghead::banghead:

Going with the scenario that someone came to the door, I wonder with it being a small town, how many people knew DR was coming. He just got there the night before so it would have to have been someone DR contacted before he came/when he arrived/before 8 pm. OR someone Dad told.

Unless she didn't want Dad to have any contact with Dylan at all, in which case making it look like Dylan disappeared on Dad's watch would be a great way for him to lose all visitiation with Dylan.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's possible.

I've seen that happen in some cases, not saying it's the case here, but it's a possibility.
Or it could be that she didn't actually 'arrange' to have him disappear, but is using this to her advantage. IOW, putting out all the statements that Dylan's dad could have harmed him, so that when he is found, she won't have to worry about letting him go to visit again.
I really don't know what to think. I'm totally on the fence with this case.

My two oldest (step-sons) travel back and forth via airplane and any unaccompanied minor has strict guidelines. An adult with a valid id has to place them on the plane, they're seated as close to the front or back as possible and they can only be picked up by the person listed as their designated "receiver" and that person has to have proper id. So not only just the people but there was def a paper trail too.

This is right on. A thread or two ago I posted the link to the Frontier Airlines (which Dylan flew in on, his plane arrived, 1 hour delayed, at 5:47 Sunday) unaccompanied minor guidelines. He would've been released by the airline only to the authorized adult, who had to show ID plus obtain security authorization to get through security without a ticket to meet Dylan at the gate. There is no question that he arrived in Durango and was picked up by his father.

I wish we knew that.

I had originally assumed that he asked dad to take him to his friends that night, and dad understandably said 'NO, not tonight, I will take you tomorrow,' And so Dylan would text them and say ' see you tomorrow instead.'
The question is 'did they fight about it'?

BBM

I think that is def a possibility. When my boys were younger they were forever making plans amongst themselves and friends long before ever letting me in on the plans...I can see he planning to go see the friends as soon as his dad picked him up, and dad quickly nixed that" I really think the last communication was to the friends saying something like "dumb ole dad will not let me come until tomorrow"....lovingly, of course.... There has been so much talk esp on NG about his father leaving him at home when he went to run errands...I have had 3 13 year old boys, I can assure you none of them would want to get up at 7:30 to go run errands, I dont care if they had not seen me in 10 years.....just sayin'. My son that goes to FSU is always sneeking home for the weekend and I do not know unless I happen to catch it on FB or he comes by Sunday night before heading back to wash clothes, fill up his stomach and get a tank of gas.....we have a great relationship but from the age of about 12 - ????, their friends are #1 on their list! Sorry to get OT but I really do not think the part about not going on errands and seeing friends immediately is really no big deal !

Investigators towed Mark Redwine’s two pickups from his property to an undisclosed location for further searching.

Bender said Mark Redwine allowed investigators to look through his house on County Road 500 on other occasions.

“But the meticulous nature of the search today required a search warrant,” Bender said.

Bender said he doesn’t know the wording in the warrant or why it wasn’t executed
earlier.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129570/-1/News

I'm behind...so sorry if this has already been posted...

about cars...vehicles

"The next day, while his father ran an errand, he disappeared after setting off to meet friends in the secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near Durango."

REALLY? Do we KNOW that to be the case? Is this what LE is saying or did the reporter make an assumption?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW is this new info? Everything else being reported is that the last anybody knew he was sleeping.

I've seen that happen in some cases, not saying it's the case here, but it's a possibility.
Or it could be that she didn't actually 'arrange' to have him disappear, but is using this to her advantage. IOW, putting out all the statements that Dylan's dad could have harmed him, so that when he is found, she won't have to worry about letting him go to visit again.
I really don't know what to think. I'm totally on the fence with this case.

But how can the mom expect to get away with something as crazy as that. How does she return Dylan and ever expect to see him again herself?

And is Dylan supposed to be in on it too?

I just don't think this is a realistic scenario. The court decision was not that big of a disaster for mom. She still had primary custody I believe. Dad just got regular holiday visitation. No big deal. I don't see any reason for her to go to any extreme lengths there.

Dad is another story, if it involves child support. That is what I wonder about now. And also, the very morning Dylan went missing, Dad was seeing his DIVORCE ATTORNEY. what's up with that? They divorced in 2007.

For ye experts here, please?

How much of Dylan's scent would still be in the house from his previous visit? Apparently not enough for the tracking dogs earlier this week, but would be there be enough for dogs to detect now?

Thanks!

what if his cell phone died?

what if he was in an area that didn't have good coverage?
(we have talked about this with Dylan's cell phone)

With my phone if I don't have good coverage and can't receive a call or text, the text will come through sometime later. So I would think that once the dad saw those texts he would want to call back. He would know that Dylan's mom and brother would be worrying and you would think he would be quick to get info to them. (despite feelings) I would try to borrow a neighbors phone or drive to a store or somewhere to connect to the other family members as soon as possible!

Kevin Torres ‏@kevinltorres
Mark Redwine's house was searched today by investigators. He was more than willing to have them in. This is the 2nd time his house was chckd

DurangoHerald ‏@DurangoHerald
Authorities say they have searched Mark Redwine's house before but today's "meticulous search" required a warrant.

Well nothing will come from the search if he never actually got to the house Sunday night. Just my opinion.

abc article: they usually write a big article taking all their factoids from other articles which usually ends up having errors and no new information (in my experience, that is)
:twocents:

But how can the mom expect to get away with something as crazy as that. How does she return Dylan and ever expect to see him again herself?

And is Dylan supposed to be in on it too?

I just don't think this is a realistic scenario. The court decision was not that big of a disaster for mom. She still had primary custody I believe. Dad just got regular holiday visitation. No big deal. I don't see any reason for her to go to any extreme lengths there.

Dad is another story, if it involves child support. That is what I wonder about now. And also, the very morning Dylan went missing, Dad was seeing his DIVORCE ATTORNEY. what's up with that? They divorced in 2007.
but she just moved out of the area in the summer... which would require more legal maneuvering.

abc article: they usually write a big article taking all their factoids from other articles which usually ends up having errors and no new information (in my experience, that is)
:twocents:
It's actually an AP article, so unfortunately it will likely be posted by multiple news sites.

And LE wouldn't be going over Dylan's dad's home and vehicles today with a fine-tooth comb if they were confident Dylan disappeared after he left the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd