CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But would this person make sure to gather ALL of Dylan's belongings, every thing he had? That's where I have trouble with this. Not saying it couldn't happen, I just don't see it. (And I have tried hard to see it!)

jumping off your post: It makes more sense to me that Dylan left to go to his friends. He was offered a ride so he took it. I think this is where it all went wrong and something happened to him then. It wouldn't have to be close to home. He could have gone a long way from home hitch hiking. And there are many hours unaccounted for as far as he is concerned. His cell could have been dead and he didn't want to take the time to charge it. He could charge it later at his friends. jmo

After the airport has anyone seen Dylan at all? (other than his dad)

I very much doubt father kept Dylan's clothing, considering 13 year old is in the process of growing. Keeping their clothing where they do not live, wouldn't be a smart idea, because they will overgrow it quickly.

But would this person make sure to gather ALL of Dylan's belongings, every thing he had? That's where I have trouble with this. Not saying it couldn't happen, I just don't see it. (And I have tried hard to see it!)

Believe me I totally agree with you, Katydid and ttcrider....it makes no sense. I just have no other explanation for his lack of phone communication if he willingly left the home that morning.

If anybody had, we didn't hear anything about it.
Police probably are looking at the video of the two of them at the store, etc.

Dad told people that they stopped in town for groceries. So I am assuming that there is evidence of that somehow. Witnesses, receipts, video?

http://www.kgoam810.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29949361

Home of Missing Colo. Boy's Father Searched

Handout(VALLECITO, Colo.) -- While the search continues for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father's home 10 days ago in Vallecito, Colo., investigators no longer believe that he ran away.

Instead, the La Plata County Sheriff's office issued a warrant to search the home of Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, Thursday.

"We are not calling Mark Redwine a suspect," La Plata County Sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said in a prepared statement. "It was only prudent to do a more thorough search of that house and property for any information that can help direct us to Dylan."

Fifteen members of the search task force arrived at Mark Redwine's home Thursday, including members of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI, according to the sheriff's office.

La Plata County Sheriff spokesman Dan Bender told ABC News that when Dylan was first reported missing, authorities checked Dylan's father's home to see if the boy was there. Dylan was visiting his father for the Thanksgiving holiday (his parents are divorced) as a result of a weeklong court-ordered visit.

"We were checking the basement and other rooms, we were seeing if there had been something left on the bed, like his cellphone," Bender said. "We weren't doing a very meticulous search."

Bender said that investigators have ruled out that he ran away, and suspect Dylan may have been abducted or kidnapped. They are also considering foul play.

"We're still hopeful that if it was an abduction, we're hoping we can find Dylan and we're hoping that we can find him alive," he said.

At 1:00 p.m. local time, Bender told ABC News that investigators were still at Redwine's home and "will leave when they feel that they've searched all they needed to search."

The missing boy's mother, Elaine Redwine, had told ABC News she thought her ex-husband may have been involved in their son's disappearance.

The task force is also continuing investigations in the Vallecito Reservoir area for Dylan. The La Plata County Sheriff's Office requested that anyone with video footage or photographs of vehicles traveling between Durango, Colo. and Vallecito Lake, Colo., taken between 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18, and 12 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, make a copies available to the task force.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing on Nov. 19 by his father, who said he went out to run some errands that morning and left the boy at his home in Vallecito. When he returned home, Dylan was gone, he said.

I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but everytime I read one of these articles (obsessively over and over) and try to glean some information or insight from the statements coming from LE, I feel dumber and dumber. And dumberer. The more I know, the less I understand. Hey! Those are lyrics from an Eagles song. Haha. Okay wow I'm losing it. My goodness what the H???

Do you think maybe MR has everything DR needs at his home already. Perhaps DR did not have to bring anything in his backpack except a few items he wanted to have with him. Handheld game, phone, charger, a jacket. Perhaps all hygiene items and clothing were there already. When me and my youngest travel to New York we UPS our clothing and such.... so we have very little to carry. Then my family UPS's our stuff back to Colorado for us, makes it easier. Just a thought...

That's a good thought. When my grandson's come to visit they do not unpack their back packs. Being the typical boys they can wear their jeans more than one time and being at grandmother's they recline quite a bit. But, they do put their dirty clothes in a pile lol. We usually wash once or twice while they are there. jmo

Ahhh interesting. Which is why it might be that ALL of his things are packed up and gone.

But I still find it odd that dad was so adamant that the fishing pole was missing. Like he wanted everyone to think he got up and went fishing alone in the woods.But that conflicts with all of his things being gone.

BBM.... Def think this is highly likely but I'm trying to avoid the Dad tunnel. ;-)

It shows a white chevy truck being towed away(probably does mean vehicles)

A truck was towed away? I'm having troubles opening the article from the Durango Herald.... is that where you are seeing the Chevy?

No, we don't know that. But it is one of the only ways it would make sense that Dylan would pack all of his things and try to hitch a ride to town.

If dad had left a note saying 'I will be back soon to give you a lift to your friends house' then imo, Dylan would have chilled until Dad returned home.

But he packed everything and left without a word. So that makes no sense to me. JMO

The way you worded that - it immediately made me think of Dylan packing his things and leaving out of temper. Like he'd been expecting a lift to his friends, woke up, dad not there, felt let down again and decided "if you aren't going to take me, I'll go there myself".

So, could have grabbed his bag (not unpacked since arrival) and started making his way to his friends. Maybe didn't contact them, just left on impulse after thinking his dad had let him down?

Up to now, I've been siding towards an argument/accident in the dad's home, but now I'm not so sure. I don't think its impossible to believe that dad is innocent. He could have thought he'd get his errands done early, before Dylan got up, so as to spend time with him later, and take him to his friends, and whatever has happened to Dylan isn't at his dad's hands.

I know my teenage boys can easily sleep from early one night to the middle of the next day. I don't find it unusual that a 13 year old would sleep from 8pm one evening and still be fast asleep at 7.30am the next day.

Have we established that he had cell phone service at his Dads? Reason I ask, I use Verizon. I go to Pagosa Springs and have service but once I leave Pagosa I have dead areas. When I go to Durango I have service, but when I leave Durango its really really really hit and miss, more miss than hit.

Also, There are areas in Colorado that I camp where I call home as I get ready to head in to the canyon, and I have NO service period until I come out. I wonder if perhaps he had no service. If he really did go to bed right away he would not be thinking landline, as he would be sleeping. Then what ever happened happened and from there we can only venture a guess.

I don't think he unpacked his backpack... think male, not female... their hygiene is not a priority either. I predict the video games and controller took priority as to what fit in the bag. My kids have clothes and a toothbrush at every one of their close friend's homes. My college kid and my college grad and the gf have clothes here. My teens grab a controller, maybe a battery pack, Mp3, maybe their tablet-and the one with braces takes his rubberbands.

jumping off your post: It makes more sense to me that Dylan left to go to his friends. He was offered a ride so he took it. I think this is where it all went wrong and something happened to him then. It wouldn't have to be close to home. He could have gone a long way from home hitch hiking. And there are many hours unaccounted for as far as he is concerned. His cell could have been dead and he didn't want to take the time to charge it. He could charge it later at his friends. jmo

But the locals have said there is only one road out of dAd's neighborhood. And it is a busy main road. So if Dylan tried to walk or hitch out of there, he would have been seen by someone. And apparently, nobody has reported seeing him walking or hitchhiking away from dad's house.

Now it is quite possible that he did get someone to come and pick him up. But if it was not on his cell history, I wonder how they communicated if so.

I very much doubt father kept Dylan's clothing, considering 13 year old is in the process of growing. Keeping their clothing where they do not live, wouldn't be a smart idea, because they will overgrow it quickly.

Am I dreaming or did I read Dylan was there in September? I may be wrong but I thought I read or heard that.

Does anyone have a link about what he took to his dad's? I don't think we should assume he only had a backpack. We have only heard of that, the phone, charger & the clothing he had on. We also know that there were no clothing left behind with his scent. So maybe...since he was up late Saturday, slept in Sunday, took a shower & put on comfy clothing before heading to the airport. My bets are he slept in those and didn't feel the need to change. He is a 13 y/o BOY. I just see page after page asking the same question about why ALL of his belongings are missing yet I have never seen it linked. Just trying to clear my muddy brain water...if someone has a link. TIA!

He was there for labor day.

Mother had to bring in clothing with Dylan's scent for the dogs.
So if Dylan had clothing in his father's house, why would mother have to bring clothing?

If Mom had not said anything about Dad, I wonder if anyone would be leaning that way, if they are? She sure is not helping as far as his image goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille