CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And oh yeah, wonder if the stop by attorney's office was nothing more than to pay some money on his bill. So many possibilities my head is branching everywhere!!

I *think* it was described as "an appointment" so it was probably something more substantial than just making a payment but that still leaves it pretty open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i live in Durango and it seems like the most convenient stop for groceries from the airport to Vallecito would be Wal-Mart in Durango. It is on Hwy 160, and Hwy 160 would have to be crossed during the trip.

I have a question, mysticskye, since you're local. The bridges over the river in that area...are they high? Is the river deep? Would going over the rail be life-threatening, or are the bridges low, water shallow?

Are there shoulders on the sides of the road where a vehicle might stop on the bridge?

Any river fatalities in recent history?

I am not sure how new the info on their homepage is, but I found the article there to be quite interesting. http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

Specifically, I find it interesting that they said this-

“We do know he reached La Plata County,” Bender said. Beyond that, there isn’t much.

I would say it's pretty telling that they aren't saying he reached his father's home. One would think that with the father saying he tried to wake Dylan up in the morning unsuccessfully, that LE would be working hard to prove that Dylan had been there at all. Also, with them officially ruling Dylan out as a runaway... help me out here... if they're ruling him out as a runaway, doesn't that mean that they've ruled out the possibility that he ran away AT ALL, meaning that he didn't get abducted during the process of running away either?

To me, that would only leave two scenarios.

EITHER- He was abducted from his father's home in the morning.
OR- His father isn't telling the truth.

Am I missing something here? I am confused as to why people are still discussing runaway+abduction theories when police have clearly stated they've ruled out the runaway scenario?

The hitchhiking story seems strange to me. Did Dylan have any history of hitchhiking?

That was a quote from his friends. I will go find it for exact wording.

I don't think so because Bayfield is not high in the mountains above Durango....it is South of Durango and not high in the mountains at all.

Maybe Daily Mail is not on up and up on local geography.

I am not sure how new the info on their homepage is, but I found the article there to be quite interesting. http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

Specifically, I find it interesting that they said this-

“We do know he reached La Plata County,” Bender said. Beyond that, there isn’t much.

I would say it's pretty telling that they aren't saying he reached his father's home. One would think that with the father saying he tried to wake Dylan up in the morning unsuccessfully, that LE would be working hard to prove that Dylan had been there at all. Also, with them officially ruling Dylan out as a runaway... help me out here... if they're ruling him out as a runaway, doesn't that mean that they've ruled out the possibility that he ran away AT ALL, meaning that he didn't get abducted during the process of running away either?

To me, that would only leave two scenarios.

EITHER- He was abducted from his father's home in the morning.
OR- His father isn't telling the truth.

Am I missing something here? I am confused as to why people are still discussing runaway+abduction theories when police have clearly stated they've ruled out the runaway scenario?

I got the impression that they ruled him out as a runaway (LE said this was due to the length of time that had passed and no use of social media/cell phone), as in they ruled out that he was still staying gone by choice. I am not under the impression that they have announced 100% ruling out an accident, an abduction while hitch hiking, etc. Although their search at Dad's today suggests they may be focusing on him for now.

IMO. And LE is working so hard on this case, but the public really has almost no knowledge knowledge about what evidence LE has supporting or discounting any possible scenarios.

The only thing they ruled out is that Dylan run away. Not ruled out an accident, abduction, homicide, etc.

I don't think so because Bayfield is not high in the mountains above Durango....it is South of Durango and not high in the mountains at all.

Lake Vallecito would be the 'resort community high in the mountains'. Lots of locals and tourists alike visit Vallecito and nearby Lemon Dam. At this time of year, it is the hunters that flock in from out of town.

Very possibly so. However, considering the audience for the article, I believe the author was trying to describe the region of Bayfield, Colorado as it might appear to readers nationwide, for the sake of reference. Readers live in high, low, hot, cold, flat and bumpy states. The author was attempting to "paint a picture" with words. Just didn't do a very effective job. :)

This might seem dumb, but was there evidence Dylan had eaten breakfast, or showered, used a towel? Anything?

Can we put together a list of questions we would like answered and e-mail a couple reporters or maybe the PIO?

-time of last phone activity, text or call?
-any ping info from phone
-is there a photo from Sun showing what he was wearing
-cell provider
-who saw him last (other than dad) and when/where
-what is missing from home

What else?

Great idea. Imagine that... asking questions and possibly getting answers:what:

-what time did flight arrive?
- did Dylan and dad grocery shop? Is this confirmed? If so, how? Receipt? Video surviellance? eyewitness?
- how many pieces of luggage did Dylan have? Backpack and what else?
- Is Dylan's fishing pole actually missing? Did dad find it?
- Is there cell reception in dad's house/around his house?

That was a quote from his friends. I will go find it for exact wording.

Where I live hitchhiking is extremely rare. Maybe in different areas it is more common?

Lake Vallecito would be the 'resort community high in the mountains'. Lots of locals and tourists alike visit Vallecito and nearby Lemon Dam. At this time of year, it is the hunters that flock in from out of town.

Tks, and nice to hear from someone a bit closer than me, I am in the Farmington NM area.

I have a question, mysticskye, since you're local. The bridges over the river in that area...are they high? Is the river deep? Would going over the rail be life-threatening, or are the bridges low, water shallow?

Are there shoulders on the sides of the road where a vehicle might stop on the bridge?

Any river fatalities in recent history?

The rivers are very shallow right now. We have had mild temps and no snow so far. The rivers run highest in the spring, from the snow melt. Pine River is very shallow, Animas River is bigger but very shallow at this time of year. Fishing in a lake would probably be a better bet right now. Now, going over a rail would most definitely be life threatening with all of the rocks and boulders exposed with the low water levels.

The last river deaths i heard of was near the source of the Animas near Silverton, and that was a rafting incident.

Is there any type of national alert about Dylan? I know an AA might not apply, but are people advised coast-to-coast? Truckers, etc.? I guess it is at least possible that he was taken by a driver and is not being allowed to leave or make any calls, although I don't really buy that theory. I really do not have one, at this time.

Where I live hitchhiking is extremely rare. Maybe in different areas it is more common?

Hitchhiking as a common thing in the community was discussed quite a bit on here recently, but I'm afraid I don't know which thread it's in. Folks said it would've been fairly common where dad lived.

The rivers are very shallow right now. We have had mild temps and no snow so far. The rivers run highest in the spring, from the snow melt. Pine River is very shallow, Animas River is bigger but very shallow at this time of year. Fishing in a lake would probably be a better bet right now. Now, going over a rail would most definitely be life threatening with all of the rocks and boulders exposed with the low water levels.

The last river deaths i heard of was near the source of the Animas near Silverton, and that was a rafting incident.

Thank you so much, mysticskye! You satisfied my curiosity. Those were burning questions for me.

Can we put together a list of questions we would like answered and e-mail a couple reporters or maybe the PIO?

-time of last phone activity, text or call?
-any ping info from phone
-is there a photo from Sun showing what he was wearing
-cell provider
-who saw him last (other than dad) and when/where
-what is missing from home

What else?

I would like to know if they have discounted the two possible sightings yet.

And did the two boys with backpacks come forward, to be ruled out?

[ Not thinking he ran away, just wondering if there is any evidence that he left home that morning and headed to town.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147