CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any type of national alert about Dylan? I know an AA might not apply, but are people advised coast-to-coast? Truckers, etc.? I guess it is at least possible that he was taken by a driver and is not being allowed to leave or make any calls, although I don't really buy that theory. I really do not have one, at this time.

I haven't saw any mentions of an alert. I know they explained early on why there was no AA but that is it.

I'm glad I'm not the only without a theory. I can't make what we know fit any theory so I'm just floundering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm, since his friends say Dylan wasn't shy about hitching rides, I'd lean toward believing that, especially in a remote location where about anyone that came along in a vehicle would be known to him. Also, since the wording of the news article was "disappeared after setting out to join friends" (NOT assuming this is true, just hypothesizing), lets just say that MAYBE the night before when Dylan had to change his plans with his friends, he was already at odds with Dad. MAYBE Dylan told his friends if his Dad wouldn't bring him the morning he would hitch a ride, that Dad couldn't stop him from leaving to join them. MAYBE in the morning Dylan got up expecting to get a ride from Dad, who was leaving anyway. MAYBE Dad told Dylan he couldn't spend his little time of visitation off with friends and he expected him to stay home. MAYBE Dylan left the house in a mad huff and headed down the road intending to hitch a ride in (not so likely to be traffic that time of day in that spot). MAYBE someone was enraged enough to go after him to stop him......

Just one of many, many scenarios.....

I think the idea of Dylan being "taken" by a ride/driver is kind of like something in a movie, so his friends might think of that, with or without a real reason. But really, it is as good (bad, rather) as any other theory right now.

Hmmmmm, since his friends say Dylan wasn't shy about hitching rides, I'd lean toward believing that, especially in a remote location where about anyone that came along in a vehicle would be known to him. Also, since the wording of the news article was "disappeared after setting out to join friends" (NOT assuming this is true, just hypothesizing), lets just say that MAYBE the night before when Dylan had to change his plans with his friends, he was already at odds with Dad. MAYBE Dylan told his friends if his Dad wouldn't bring him the morning he would hitch a ride, that Dad couldn't stop him from leaving to join them. MAYBE in the morning Dylan got up expecting to get a ride from Dad, who was leaving anyway. MAYBE Dad told Dylan he couldn't spend his little time of visitation off with friends and he expected him to stay home. MAYBE Dylan left the house in a mad huff and headed down the road intending to hitch a ride in (not so likely to be traffic that time of day in that spot). MAYBE someone was enraged enough to go after him to stop him......

Just one of many, many scenarios.....

But no way, IMO, he would not have texted his friends in the morning. That is the biggest problem for me, as far as him even waking up in the house. Not using his phone.

Father claims he was going to give Dylan a ride, but Dylan didn't want to wake up.
So father knew he had plans with friends, and Dylan didn't have to sneak anywhere.

i live in Durango and it seems like the most convenient stop for groceries from the airport to Vallecito would be Wal-Mart in Durango. It is on Hwy 160, and Hwy 160 would have to be crossed during the trip.

Hi mysticskye, It's good to have someone who's local, glad you're here. Walmart was my first thought and furthers the idea that the stop for groceries probably wasn't a quick in and out. Likely puts a potential time of arrival at home closer to 8pm or later making me :waitasec: more knowing that the cell activity stopped around that time.

I've been looking at zoomed in satellite maps of the route from Durango airport back to dad's house examining the terrain, buildings, etc.
There are no tolls, correct? It looks way too rural. The only thing I could think of was maybe on the way out of the airport but the airport looks too small for that. My map is closed now but I was also looking for intersections that might have cameras in the stoplights...there weren't many intersections as the roads were mostly long winding CR's. Is there anything along that route that sticks out to you as being likely to have surveillance cameras? Gas stations? Small car dealerships? Any other businesses likely to have cameras outside that could've caught cars on the road? TIA!

But no way, IMO, he would not have texted his friends in the morning. That is the biggest problem for me, as far as him even waking up in the house. Not using his phone.

Yeah, that really worries me too. So, maybe his dad took his phone away the night before, especially if they were already fighting about Dylan wanting to be with his friends instead of being with dad.

Is it known if dad took off work all week to stay with Dylan?

(Snipped by me)

Absolutely. Me, too. My oldest kid went back and forth between me and his dad for years, and every time, we cleared the day(s) to be with him.

My son is almost 23, and I still clear the day(s) to be with him! It's just what you do (IMO, as always).

Dad taking his phone away or spotty cell phone service (which has been confirmed by multiple locals) would explain him not using the phone immediately in the morning.

Father claims he was going to give Dylan a ride, but Dylan didn't want to wake up.
So father knew he had plans with friends, and Dylan didn't have to sneak anywhere.

Well, that's just based on what the dad says, so far. They may have fought over that AFTER Dylan's last contact with friends and we would never know the truth. Dad can say anything.

My son is almost 23, and I still clear the day(s) to be with him! It's just what you do (IMO, as always).

Exactly! (Chuckle!) Mine is 20 and still my "baby boy"! (He hates it when I call him that. :) Or at least he pretends not to appreciate it on some level.)

Dad taking his phone away or spotty cell phone service (which has been confirmed by multiple locals) would explain him not using the phone immediately in the morning.

If father took phone away, why wouldn't he say so?

I know the burden to get one of these is pretty high but does it make any sense for LE /FBI to get any wire taps in this case?

I'm thinking unlikely but why keep it to myself.

If father took phone away, why wouldn't he say so?

He could have and, for some reason, LE wants to keep it quiet or it just hasn't been reported. It is a frustrating part of being a Websleuther, but I have seen similar GOTCHA moments that posters thought unraveled entire cases when really LE had a reasonable explanation and clarification since Day 1 and for some reason it was never reported or deliberately not reported for whatever reasons. In other words, I don't want to assume that the only possible reason Dylan didn't use his phone after 8 is because he was already gone by that point.

This might seem dumb, but was there evidence Dylan had eaten breakfast, or showered, used a towel? Anything?

Not dumb at all. I've been thinking about it all night. What do we know about what is at the home vs. what isn't at the home?

What is there: Dad, two vehicles (?), travel trailer (anything else?)

What isn't there: Cell phone, charger, backpack, clothing, hat and shoes, fishing pole, and... Dylan :(

What was left behind? Anything? What was brought with Dylan? So many questions, and hardly any answers right now. This is so frustrating and heartbreaking.

If I try to make what we know fit together, I end up here:

- Dad agrees to take Dylan to his friends on his way to run his errands.
- Dylan falls asleep early, forgetting to put his phone on charge
-Dad tries to wake Dylan but he won't get up so goes on to town
- Dylan wakes up, finds Dad gone & is ticked.
- Phone is dead (or maybe no service) so Dylan can't call Dad to see when he will be back or call friends.
- Dylan grabs his bag and sets out on his own expecting to catch a ride
- Dylan gets lost or injured, or Dylan gets hit and driver panics or Dylan catches a ride with the wrong person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lotus, are you able to see what the road shoulders on those routes are like? Will they allow a vehicle to stop and park?

Dad could also have read Dylan's text messages to friends AFTER taking his phone away and so known about those plans from that, even if he didn't know before. And I'm unsure as to whether Dylan had actually gotten agreement from the dad the night before to give him a ride in the morning. I can see a kid that age, heck, my own kids at that age, telling his friends that as an assumption before checking it out with me first.

Hi mysticskye, It's good to have someone who's local, glad you're here. Walmart was my first thought and furthers the idea that the stop for groceries probably wasn't a quick in and out. Likely puts a potential time of arrival at home closer to 8pm or later making me :waitasec: more knowing that the cell activity stopped around that time.

I've been looking at zoomed in satellite maps of the route from Durango airport back to dad's house examining the terrain, buildings, etc.
There are no tolls, correct? It looks way too rural. The only thing I could think of was maybe on the way out of the airport but the airport looks too small for that. My map is closed now but I was also looking for intersections that might have cameras in the stoplights...there weren't many intersections as the roads were mostly long winding CR's. Is there anything along that route that sticks out to you as being likely to have surveillance cameras? Gas stations? Small car dealerships? Any other businesses likely to have cameras outside that could've caught cars on the road? TIA!

No, there are no tolls around the area. there should be cameras at walmart. There is a liquor store at the corner of hwy 172 and hwy 160. It seems unlikely they would have cameras, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147