CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, interesting. Perhaps, if cell reception was an issue with Dylan's phone, it would be with dad, too.

Yes, dad has a cell. Dylan's mom and brother were trying to text the dad all day Monday.
TY! I do remember reading that now. And, yes, that was my point - if dad gets cell phone reception there, Dylan probably would, too. I think Dylan would be in the habit of charging his phone every night since he used it a lot.

I don't know if I am even allowed to say this but I did not get a good feeling when dad said that he tried to wake Dylan and he was "out like a light". Ick. :( It's not THAT hard to wake a sleeping kid and tell them you are leaving. Maybe he wouldn't get out of bed, but to be out like a light? I don't like the sound of that. I have a hard time believing he would not wake up at all...especially since he was looking forward to hanging out with his friends.

MOO

Did Dad get mad and heave the phone out the window on the way home? Maybe Dylan was playing with it and would not talk to his father?

I would think that if he had the pings would be pretty telling. I believe the last pings had to have traced back to the house or possibly the lake otherwise we would have saw a wide scale search in the area where they were traced to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Dad get mad and heave the phone out the window on the way home? Maybe Dylan was playing with it and would not talk to his father?

I could see that being a plausible scenario! More so if he was known to have temper or rage issues when Dylan didn't fit his expectations, as mom has implied.

Indeed! :floorlaugh:

(In case you're just tuning in, we have a few folks here who especially look forward to Mr. Torres' broadcasts...wink, wink)

Has anyone officially invited Mr. Torres to join us here at WS? :)

Perhaps it would be best if we delivered that invitation personally. I really like you girls so I will take one for the team and book a cross country flight to do it.

If father took phone away, why wouldn't he say so?

imo, it would not shine in his favor. MR tells LE he took away Dylan's phone (reasons why may or may not be discussed)
LE would ask where the phone was now. If MR said he did not know, it would also not look good.
If LE asked where it was, and there was something incriminating on it, he would not be so stupid as to hand it over to LE.
If he did have the phone at some point or still does, I think whatever is found on it would hurt him, thus he'd never admit to having it. jmo

Speaking of phones and coverage, has anyone seen reports where Dylan's mom mentioned cell coverage being spotty when he visited dad in September? Am thinking if it was an issue in the past (cell issues while living there and after the move) that she may have made a point of mentioning it. I say this in that she never mentioned Dylan not texting her in past visits to verify he's okay and so on. jmo

I could see that being a plausible scenario! More so if he was known to have temper or rage issues when Dylan didn't fit his expectations, as mom has implied.

Add to that a teenager's rage at having his phone taken, tossed, what-have-you.... Ugly possibilities.

goodnight all! if you have any questions about the local area, let me know. I am happy to help out with putting this puzzle together.

No, there are no tolls around the area. there should be cameras at walmart. There is a liquor store at the corner of hwy 172 and hwy 160. It seems unlikely they would have cameras, but you never know.

At what time does it get dark, say starting at the airport? If it was already almost dark by 6:00 p.m., and LE is asking for surveillance footage or photo's taken at that time of roads, etc, specific routes and so on - would they even show anything or be of benefit?

In addition, has LE requested to view airport video tape? Just wondering how much the body language would reveal between Dylan and his dad when they met up at the airport by the gate/terminal upon his arrival or even walking to the car.

TY! I do remember reading that now. And, yes, that was my point - if dad gets cell phone reception there, Dylan probably would, too. I think Dylan would be in the habit of charging his phone every night since he used it a lot.

Sending texts, and receiving texts- and what time texts register and come up on phone in a spotty area are variable... sometimes I get mine hours later...

I am floundering too- where are we hanging out? Willy Wonka's???

I like candy so Willy Wonka's works for me. I'm claustrophobic so no tunnel please.

imo, it would not shine in his favor. MR tells LE he took away Dylan's phone (reasons why may or may not be discussed)
LE would ask where the phone was now. If MR said he did not know, it would also not look good.
If LE asked where it was, and there was something incriminating on it, he would not be so stupid as to hand it over to LE.
If he did have the phone at some point or still does, I think whatever is found on it would hurt him, thus he'd never admit to having it. jmo

Speaking of phones and coverage, has anyone seen reports where Dylan's mom mentioned cell coverage being spotty when he visited dad in September? Am thinking if it was an issue in the past (cell issues while living there and after the move) that she may have made a point of mentioning it. I say this in that she never mentioned Dylan not texting her in past visits to verify he's okay and so on. jmo

I agree, wouldn't look good to say they had been arguing, now that Dylan is missing. It's much less "eyebrow-lifting" to say a teenage boy simply slept late and was gone on return, along with his phone and backpack. Looks like he left of his own accord.

Plus, one would have to have thought through a logical sounding reason for taking a phone away as 'discipline'. Dylan wanting to see his friends would not exactly present a good picture as a reason for anger and discipline.

Can we put together a list of questions we would like answered and e-mail a couple reporters or maybe the PIO?

-time of last phone activity, text or call?
-any ping info from phone
-is there a photo from Sun showing what he was wearing
-cell provider
-who saw him last (other than dad) and when/where
-what is missing from home

What else?

I am not caught up on the thread so I'm sorry if I name off things that you guys have already covered. I just wanted to respond before I end up falling asleep. ;)

-Aren't the airports full of security cameras?
. -If so, can they track Dylan from when he got off the plane?
. -If so, Who is seen picking him up? (Just dad or was he with someone else?)
-Which store(s) did they stop at on their way home?
-What did they buy at the grocery store?
. -Can it be verified with a store or credit/debit card receipt as to date/time?
-Is there video of Dylan and his father at any of the stop(s)?
-Where did Dylan sleep at his dad's that night?
-Did the dogs pick up Dylan's scent at his dad's house?
-What type of dogs were used? (Trailing and/or cadaver?)
-What did Dylan and his dad do once they got home?
-Does the dad know why Dylan's phone was turned off?
-Where did the phone last ping?
-Did the friends who got the text from Dylan to change the plans to the next day think that his text was "off" or different from his usual way of texting? (Do they think it could have been someone else texting the info?)
-What were the kid's plans for the next day? Did they plan to go fishing that early in the morning?

LOL...ok, I'll stop now. These are some of the things that are driving me crazy that we don't know. We could be so much more helpful if we had more real details. Preferably directly from LE and not media.

Father claims he was going to give Dylan a ride, but Dylan didn't want to wake up.
So father knew he had plans with friends, and Dylan didn't have to sneak anywhere.

But the hinky part is, we were never aware that Dad was planning to come back and give him a ride, until later, when his sister wrote that as a comment upon a topix article. And then LATER, he said that himself.

But in his original story, he left to do errands at 7:30, came back at 11:30, and ' noticed' that Dylan was not home. He made no mention of coming back to give him a ride or anything. That part of the story evolved later.

At what time does it get dark, say starting at the airport? If it was already almost dark by 6:00 p.m., and LE is asking for surveillance footage or photo's taken at that time of roads, etc, specific routes and so on - would they even show anything or be of benefit?

In addition, has LE requested to view airport video tape? Just wondering how much the body language would reveal between Dylan and his dad when they met up at the airport by the gate/terminal upon his arrival or even walking to the car.

I want to see a pic so we can find out what he was wearing. If he wasn't wearing the outfit he was reported as "last seen" in, where is the dirty clothes & why weren't they available for use with the dogs?

I like candy so Willy Wonka's works for me. I'm claustrophobic so no tunnel please.

Definitely Wonka's- unfortunately, I feel like I am on the acid trip boat ride at the moment...:waitasec:

who wants to hang in a tunnel ?- Wonka's is far more pleasant

Just a few thoughts, and MOO, pure speculation:

I don't think it that surprising that Dad may have taken the cell phone away. From what I gather of the relationship between Mom and Dad, it was anything but warm and fuzzy. Mom has recently moved Dylan approx. 6 hours away from Dad. Dad had to rely on court order to get visitation with Dylan. I can also imagine, based on comments made by Mom about Dad, that Dad may have been dealing with alienation issues of Dylan toward Dad (by Mom)...again, just my speculation....but she did move him 6 hrs. away. Strained relationships such as this are not uncommon, and unfortunately children can become pawns in such relationships. Given this possibility, I can see Dad taking the cell phone away just as a way to have an uninterrupted visit with his son. As far as the Dad having to run errands on Mon. morning, I don't see that as such a negative issue either. Dad lives by himself, works for a living, is in the middle of recent custody issues, etc. I wouldn't want to expose my son to a conversation with my divorce attorney. And we don't know what other business Dad had to take care of that morning. Evidently it all checked out with LE. I lean towards a scenario where Dylan did leave while Dad was gone. No doubt Dylan would have retrieved his cell before leaving, but it probably wasn't charged. He may have thought he would charge it when he got to where he was going. If he took his backpack with his clothes, what clothing would Dad have had to give to LE for scent purposes? Perhaps they didn't want the bed sheet, if it had just been laundered prior to Dylan's arrival. They knew they could get shoes, or some other more worn article from Mom who was already on her way.

I'm sure I'll come back to pages and pages and pages tomorrow, but I gotta sleep sometime.

Excellent work tonight, sleuths. You all are top drawer. Night.

Sorry, not sure if this has been posted yet...so many pages...looks like something was updated 5 minutes ago (re: search of father's house)...if so, please delete, thanks.

Investigators search house of Dylan's father
The Durango Herald ‎- 9 minutes ago
The La Plata County Sheriff's Office served a search warrant Thursday morning at the home of Mark Redwine, father of 13-year-old Dylan ...

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129570/-1/s

I'm confused, why so long for the search? Isn't that standard procedure? Wouldn't an immediate warrant have been filed due to the fact a child could be in danger? I thought there was something like an expedited warrant? Maybe this has already been discussed, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck