CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dad's stories being confirmed and the fact that he has been really cooperative (more cooperative even then some innocent parents I have read about) lends him some credibility.
However, I just cannot come up with a theory that seems to make sense with all the facts we know. Like, did someone come to their door? Wake him up and then? Did he walk outside to try to use his phone that, for some reason, wasn't working inside?

Those new pictures are so cute-he looks like a little man in them :(

It's not that weird. My boy will wear an outfit until we make him change it.

Ok, so how did you make that happen? Mine is a clothes horse and changes three times a day and takes as many showers...using a new fresh bath towel every stinking time!

I wanna know your secret. I thought making him do his own laundry would solve it ....but nope. Hasn't helped at all.

SBM

IIRC, someone posted very early on that the dogs require something that only Dylan's scent would be on. I think that any scent on the sofa/cereal box/spoons/etc would have also carried his dad's scent (or anyone else who had been in the house), and so the dogs would not be able to reliably follow the correct scent. I'm happy to be corrected on this, I don't have anything to back this up with, I just remember reading it in all the previous discussions about why scent dogs weren't brought in at the very beginning.

I don't believe dogs can use spoon and a bowl for scenting.

Ok, so how did you make that happen? Mine is a clothes horse and changes three times a day and takes as many showers...using a new fresh bath towel every stinking time!

I wanna know your secret. I thought making him do his own laundry would solve it ....but nope. Hasn't helped at all.

He must have his eye on a certain young lady!:heartluv::heartbeat:

Nothing to worry about probably. It's a newspaper's site right?
Norton and Mcafee bark about every other site you hit. IMHO
its' to make you think they are actually doing something and
worth the 50 $ a year you pay . :)

Yes, a newspaper site. I copy/pasted one of their tweets. Their twitter page is https://twitter.com/DurangoHerald and the tweet is currently the 4th one down.

My experience with boys. One day you beg and plead they change and shower. The next your asking when they are going to get out of the bathroom and how did the laundry basket fill so quickly. It's just one of those phenoms:waitasec:

Hows that?

They want people to know what he was wearing so they took the video footage they have.

I dont see how that equates to thinking Dylan went missing Sunday though.

They havent asked for anyone to call in if they saw Dylan and MR Sunday night and if they thought it happened then ...........they would be very specific. I hope they have also found video of them traveling to MRs home.

It seems by the press release they are really stumped and dont know what happened to Dylan but arent giving up searching for him.

For days some posters have been saying he never even made it to Walmart but now we know he did.

IMO

I wanted them to release it so we could narrow the timeline. The timeline still starts at 8pm Sunday IMO.

The cell phone's 8pm last activity has been one of our biggest issues.

Whatever your opinion of him, dad has clearly made himself available to the media after the first several days of silence. He's answered questions and given insight, whether we believe or like him isn't the issue. However I can't recall in any of the interviews if he's been asked specifically about Dylan's phone and what happened during the hours in question.

Am I completely blanking on this?

Has he been asked if Dylan's cell died or if Dylan plugged the cell in to charge? The exact timeline of what happened when they arrived home isn't clear to me... did they go right to sleep, what time did they arrive home, etc? Was Dylan angry when he went to sleep? Did dad take Dylan's phone away? Did Dylan drop his phone or break it?

Imo, if he was able to address these issues (and to each their own on believing his credibility), it would give us a better idea of what may have happened. If the worst that happened was dad and Dylan getting into an argument over Dylan's over-use of the cell, and dad chucked the phone out of the car, for example... it would be much better imo to explain this than it would be to allow such unnecessary speculation to go crazy.

I think it would be such a shame if something so minor, in the overall picture, was responsible for casting a dark cloud of suspicion over dad if there's a harmless explanation for the cell phone.

I'd really like a reporter to ask him about this directly, if they haven't already. If they have and I've missed it, let me know and TIA.

People have commented that there hasn't been any friend/family support of MR, but if you scroll to the bottom of the article here, there are 2 comments. Possibly from relatives.

Thank you, Sunni, for finding these and bringing them to our attention!:seeya:

Dylan possibly taking the fishing pole makes more sense if he was leaving for two days, which I believe has been stated.

I haven't seen anywhere that its been confirmed that he was going to stay over at his friends on the monday night.

If Dylan did make it to his Dad's house and disappeared between 730 and 1130 am on Monday morning, WHY is there NOT some type of alert/warning to the general area? Dylan's disappearance has been classified as a CRIMINAL investigation, so that tells me a CRIMINAL is in the area (or was in the area).

If I lived in the area, I would really want some clarification from LE as to my children's safety - No, I would be DEMANDING!

Can anyone tell me if they find this disturbing also? :furious::furious:

No,no we haven't missed the answers to the hard questions.

Since dad was texting Dylan on Monday, nothing must have happened to the phone (according to dad's story).

Just looking at the weather history for the area and I have to wonder if Dylan had any warm clothing packed in his backpack or a jacket/hoodie? These are the temperatures I'm getting for the time period in question on November 19th when he would have left the house and I can't imagine a pair of shorts and a t-shirt would have seemed like the proper thing to be wearing if he did in fact decide to go fishing or try to get to his friend's house...

8:53 AM

2.2 °C / 35.96 F

9:53 AM

5.6 °C / 42.08 F

10:53 AM

8.9 °C / 48.02 F

http://www.wunderground.com/history...eq_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA&MR=1

Now these temps are for Durango, would it be warmer in Vallecito?

I'm guessing Vallecito would be colder, actually. It's closer to 8000 ft altitude, and Durango is about 6500.

However, as I posted a few days ago, and as others confirmed, shorts and a tshirt and a hoody are what kids often wear in such temperatures around here. I'm guessing he had a hoody in the backpack (or maybe that's why they were at Walmart, he forgot to bring one). Colorado Springs is at about 6000 ft, similar to Durango.

I know that seems cold to people in other areas, but the lack of humidity and abundance of sun can make those temps feel much warmer than they feel in other places. I wore shorts all day today, and the high was 55 I think ... I would never go to, say, Manhattan and wear shorts in 50-degree weather. brrrr!

Out of curiosity (and I know I'm rather new and don't post much), since I have only just caught up on this today and missed many of the first threads... are we positive that Dylan's phone got service at Dad's house? Was there a ping nearby? I am just curious since it seems he lives far out "in the boonies," you could say.

:welcome4: Granola! :wagon:

I kind of know the answer to this question... But I am going to let the techno wonders do a better job of explaining it than I can!:seeya:

My experience with boys. One day you beg and plead they change and shower. The next your asking when they are going to get out of the bathroom and how did the laundry basket fill so quickly. It's just one of those phenoms:waitasec:

And don't forget about the stinky sock bombs laying around! O/T One day our son fell asleep on the floor watching TV so my DH decided to see how long it would take him to wake up by placing one of our son's stinky sock bombs around his head one at a time until he would notice the stench! It was funny when the smell finally woke him up and he looked all sleepy eyed and said "What stinks?"

We were laughing so hard!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

When i clicked on your link I got a warning from Norton. Can u tell me what the link says? TIA.

The cell phone's 8pm last activity has been one of our biggest issues.

Whatever your opinion of him, dad has clearly made himself available to the media after the first several days of silence. He's answered questions and given insight, whether we believe or like him isn't the issue. However I can't recall in any of the interviews if he's been asked specifically about Dylan's phone and what happened during the hours in question.

Am I completely blanking on this?

Has he been asked if Dylan's cell died or if Dylan plugged the cell in to charge? The exact timeline of what happened when they arrived home isn't clear to me... did they go right to sleep, what time did they arrive home, etc? Was Dylan angry when he went to sleep? Did dad take Dylan's phone away? Did Dylan drop his phone or break it?

Imo, if he was able to address these issues (and to each their own on believing his credibility), it would give us a better idea of what may have happened. If the worst that happened was dad and Dylan getting into an argument over Dylan's over-use of the cell, and dad chucked the phone out of the car, for example... it would be much better imo to explain this than it would be to allow such unnecessary speculation to go crazy.

I think it would be such a shame if something so minor, in the overall picture, was responsible for casting a dark cloud of suspicion over dad if there's a harmless explanation for the cell phone.

I'd really like a reporter to ask him about this directly, if they haven't already. If they have and I've missed it, let me know and TIA.

I completely agree... and the timeline/info. I have created regarding this does not indicate anywhere that dad was asked or responded to any information about the phone. I'm sure he may have addressed all this at his meeting with LE last Thursday, but it has not been made public as far as I have seen.

Aww Bravo thank you.:blushing: Likewise my posting friend. :)

I read everyone's post. I dont miss a one. I love to read everyone's opinions. That is what has kept me here since January 2004.:great:

Ya know I feel the same oceanblueeyes! I do prefer when we're on the same side of a case:)

Oh, but father didn't see him get up. He was sleeping, remember? So, what Nike shirt? I think it's just an error in a shirt description, it was just a black t-shirt and not a Nike.

I think Dylan packed his clothes in his backpack and probably not many clothes at that. Also, I'm thinking that one of the articles of clothing found at MR's was the shirt he was wearing in the WalMart/Airport pics. I could be wrong - but it makes sense to me and my experiences.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members