CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be losing my mind. I was certain that dad said that when he and Dylan got home, that Dylan was tired and they both went to sleep early. I've searched every way I can think of, but I'm not finding it.

Did he say it or just intimate it? Or not say it at all?

That's exactly what niggling at me...MR made a point to mention Dylan staying up late the night prior to flying in, but that was two night prior to his disappearance, not the night prior to the morning Dylan is purported to have slept in and subsequently disappeared. Why mention what happened prior to Dylan's arrival without tying it into the sequence of events? The night prior to Dylan sleeping in is completely skipped over.
If someone has seen a media report that includes MR elaborating upon the skip, I'd be grateful to be pointed in that direction....Thanks much!

Some observations:

Dylan's mom has gone pretty quiet since her appearance on Nancy Grace a few nights ago.

Dylan's dad has gone quiet since hiring a criminal defense lawyer.

LE has been fairly quiet too. They released a couple of pictures and have stated they have scaled down the investigation since the search warrant of Dad's house but that they suspect foul play. And it seems much of their searching (at least visible searching) is of the lake(s).

Has anyone heard if LE has released the vehicles back to Dad?

I am still hoping something is going to break on this soon. What a terrible thing to go through!

I was not responding to any comments about time he went to bed or got up. I was simply stating that all the questions we have may have been asked by LE and answered by MR or anyone else. And they simply have not been reported to us. Not talking about anyone's interviews except what may have taken place with LE and as I said, not released to the public. jmo

Forgive me for jumping off your post! I totally agree with what you wrote; I was simply trying to define (to myself as much as anyone!) why I find it odd..that MR would mention Dylan staying up late the night prior to flying in, but skips over the night prior to Dylan's disappearance. The morning Dylan slept in was two mornings after he stayed up late, not one, so why make a point of mentioning both of those things without tying them together? The skip in time seems pretty darn glaring to me...

How is it two nights? I thought he stayed up late on Saturday night/Sunday am .. and flew into Durango on Sunday evening, went missing Monday morning ...

Was it Friday night he stayed up late?

Yes, MR reported that Dylan stayed up late Saturday night prior to flying in, but Dylan did not go missing Sunday morning, he was reported missing on Monday. Any mention of Sunday eve and/or tying Dylan's late night Saturday to his reported sleeping in on Monday morning is missing....

It was mentioned in the UNCUT interview with MR in the video store. I can find it quoted in several places, but am having a hard time finding the original link..

R: So you went to run errands. Were you going to take him with you to run errands?

M: Well, there was some discussion he had with me the night before about leaving with me so I could drop him off in the Bayfield are with one of his friends that had been trying to text him or that he had been communicating with. As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango. I laughed at him kind of jokingly because I know him. If he ain't got to get up, he's not likely to get up. And he's not the type of kid who's going to get up at 6:30 if he doesn't have to. But you know, his friends are important and I know they're important me. So there was a possibility but it doesn't surprise me he elected to not get up when I left. And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, you know, what happened to him between the time I left and when I got back. And that's what nobody seems to be able to answer.

The night before would be Saturday night, yes? Then to the airport, airplane delay, in airport all day, traveling sunday, tired, sleep.. sunday night .. missing monday.

*still looking for original link*

Thanks.

I have even seen someone charged with kidnapping when the person never left their home. If at anytime anyone holds someone against their will that can be kidnapping even if they leave or release the person later on.

I have learned that from ex-spousal cases where an ex will come to a home and hold the ex-spouse against their will for a period of time in their own home and wont let them leave. They were charged with kidnapping even if they finally left or let the person go.

Now of course if anyone took Dylan against his will from any location whether inside of his dad's home or outside or even did so under false pretenses they can be charged with felony kidnapping.
In fact I think they could be charged with kidnapping even if Dylan went with them willingly at the time. He is a minor......he cannot make those decisions himself legally. He has to have permission from one of his parents,imo.

IMO

Thank you for the clarification, it sounds like the term "kidnapping" is a legal term in this sense. So for example a suspect abducts a victim by use of force, but would be formally charged with felony kidnapping for that crime.

When the phrase "abduction or kidnapping" was used in the article it lead me to think they were making a distinction.

Yes, MR reported that Dylan stayed up late Saturday night prior to flying in, but Dylan did not go missing Sunday morning, he was reported missing on Monday. Any mention of Sunday eve and/or tying Dylan's late night Saturday to his reported sleeping in on Monday morning is missing....

I guess I'm not seeing the issue. Staying up late Saturday night, until early Sunday morning would make anyone tired that SAME NIGHT .. Sunday night. He went to bed early sunday night .. missing monday morning .. (per MR)

:twocents:

It was mentioned in the UNCUT interview with MR in the video store. I can find it quoted in several places, but am having a hard time finding the original link..

R: So you went to run errands. Were you going to take him with you to run errands?

M: Well, there was some discussion he had with me the night before about leaving with me so I could drop him off in the Bayfield are with one of his friends that had been trying to text him or that he had been communicating with. As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango. I laughed at him kind of jokingly because I know him. If he ain't got to get up, he's not likely to get up. And he's not the type of kid who's going to get up at 6:30 if he doesn't have to. But you know, his friends are important and I know they're important me. So there was a possibility but it doesn't surprise me he elected to not get up when I left. And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, you know, what happened to him between the time I left and when I got back. And that's what nobody seems to be able to answer.

The night before would be Saturday night, yes? Then to the airport, airplane delay, in airport all day, traveling sunday, tired, sleep.. sunday night .. missing monday.

Weird mom says he would get up early and dad says opposite. Could be nothing.

Sad to note how much slower the comments are compared to some days ago.
It must mean that many posters are also ' scaling' down in their minds. :(

At least for me, not scaling down, but sick of the continued talking in circles (which is natural, just frustrating.) I'm still hoping Dylan is found soon.

I did see that (thanks much for digging it up!), but that clip reinforces what I'm driving at....MR talks about Dylan being tired from a late Saturday night, but completely skips over Sunday eve....nothing is mentioned about Dylan going to bed early or anything else; there is a glaring skip in time as MR links Dylan's late Saturday night to his purported sleeping in Monday morning. Sunday night is glossed over completely.....

I did see that (thanks much for digging it up!), but that clip reinforces what I'm driving at....MR talks about Dylan being tired from a late Saturday night, but completely skips over Sunday eve....nothing is mentioned about Dylan going to bed early or anything else; there is a glaring skip in time as MR links Dylan's late Saturday night to his purported sleeping in Monday morning. Sunday night is glossed over completely.....

Why "glossed over" .. maybe there was nothing to tell. They went home, tired, fell asleep .. and I believe he HAS stated that somewhere ..

Oh, well, we just see things differently, I suppose.

:seeya:

I guess I'm not seeing the issue. Staying up late Saturday night, until early Sunday morning would make anyone tired that SAME NIGHT .. Sunday night. He went to bed early sunday night .. missing monday morning .. (per MR)

:twocents:

Where did MR say that Dylan went to bed early Sunday night? Where has MR commented upon Sunday night (after Walmart and McDonalds) at all? That's what I'm driving at...MR connected Saturday eve with Monday morning, but left us to fill in the blanks regarding Sunday ourselves.
Did you happen to see a specific quote regarding Sunday?
I'd be grateful if you could share!

If I understand the timeline correctly:
Dylan stays up until 4:00 am Sun. morning
Dylan arrives in Durango 7:00 pm Sun. evening (I don't remember exact time)
Dylan falls asleep after 8:00 pm Sun. evening
Dylan is still asleep 7:30 am Monday morning when MR leaves
Dylan is missing 11:30 am Monday morning when MR returns

I think some of what's being overlooked in the sleeping debate is if Dylan did go to bed early...say 9-9:30ish, he would have had plenty of sleep by Monday morning....at least 9-9 1/2 hours, so shouldn't be so tired if this was his usual wake time per mom.

I know this has been answered already, at least somewhat.
That's exactly what niggling at me...MR made a point to mention Dylan staying up late the night prior to flying in, but that was two night prior to his disappearance, not the night prior to the morning Dylan is purported to have slept in and subsequently disappeared. Why mention what happened prior to Dylan's arrival without tying it into the sequence of events? The night prior to Dylan sleeping in is completely skipped over.
If someone has seen a media report that includes MR elaborating upon the skip, I'd be grateful to be pointed in that direction....Thanks much!
He didn't mention it to explain Dylan sleeping late, he mentioned it to explain why he was tired and went to sleep shortly after getting home. It also sounds like it may have been part of the reason for making him wait until Monday to visit his friends. MOO
Weird mom says he would get up early and dad says opposite. Could be nothing.
That could easily be because mom is used to having him on school days, and dad is used to having him on weekend/vacation days. A lot of people sleep later when they don't have to go to work/school. MOO

As days went by with no sign of Dylan, investigators ruled out that he ran away.
“We're left with kidnapping and foul play,” Bender said.
The sheriff's staff searched Mark Redwine's home last Thursday. The sheriff is not calling him a suspect...
http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

Run-Away is ruled out.
Kidnapping/Abduction (= taken by force) is being investigated.
Foul-Play is being investigated.

What exactly is "foul-play" in the context of this case ? For example ?

If I understand the timeline correctly:
Dylan stays up until 4:00 am Sun. morning
Dylan arrives in Durango 7:00 pm Sun. evening (I don't remember exact time)
Dylan falls asleep after 8:00 pm Sun. evening
Dylan is still asleep 7:30 am Monday morning when MR leaves
Dylan is missing 11:30 am Monday morning when MR returns

How do we know that Dylan fell asleep after 8pm? That was when communication ceased from his phone, but I've seen nothing specific reported regarding the time Dylan went to bed on Sunday eve.---and I think that's notable, that MR makes a point to mention Dylan's fatigue from Saturday eve, but then jumps to Dylan sleeping in Monday...

As days went by with no sign of Dylan, investigators ruled out that he ran away.
The sheriff's staff searched Mark Redwine's home last Thursday. The sheriff is not calling him a suspect...
http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

Run-Away is ruled out.
Abduction/Kidnapping (= taken by force) is being investigated.

Probably murder. Anything that involved taking him somewhere else while alive would be covered by abduction/kidnapping.

Run-Away is ruled out.
Abduction/Kidnapping is being investigated.

Since they are saying kidnapping, abduction or foul play, I assume they mean murder. I thought kidnapping and/or abduction are also quite foul, as in "foul play" but they seem to separate the terms. I think they are avoiding the terms "murder" or "homicide".

What I am still baffled about is how they so quickly decided (by 2nd day or so, an above quote indicates) that this could NOT be a runaway, or a lost child in the wilderness. LE took almost 10 days before calling Kyron's case a criminal one and searched bushes etc. for days. Is it all about him not using his phone? That seems thin to me, if so.

I know it has been hashed over ad nauseum, but it IS at least possible he awoke to a completely useless/dead phone and did not think to try a landline. Why are they so sure?

I know this has been answered already, at least somewhat.

He didn't mention it to explain Dylan sleeping late, he mentioned it to explain why he was tired and went to sleep shortly after getting home. It also sounds like it may have been part of the reason for making him wait until Monday to visit his friends. MOO

Where did MR state that Dylan went to sleep shortly after getting home?
Our brains logically want to assume that, but I'm not finding any quote that specifies that at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member