CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people must hate me because I say a lot of things that seem like I'm supporting MR, but I hope everyone understands that I'm not trying to be a PITA. I hope I never leave people angry.

I have some subtle thoughts of what I think happened- but all in all I just want the truth, and I personally find the truth in the science. I'm not one to read much into human nature and "chances are" because I'm just a typical skeptic- everything is hypothetical until the science comes in, you know?

I'm not trying to be disagreeable. I just seriously process these things differently than the majority. When I'm forced to discuss only human nature, I find the possibilities endless because human nature is quite varied.

You are entitled to your opinion! I have never become angry or mad or hate other posters because their opinions differ from mine. If we all agreed, it wouldn't be much of a discussion board. I like reading others thoughts even if I don't agree. Carry on and don't sweat it!

All I'm going to suggest is to do some research about the security cameras at Walmart. There is a wide variety of things being said about them, including what they do and don't capture. There was an incident I learned about on video where Walmart had a van and cameras set up in their parking lot because they suspected someone was trying to form a union at that particular store. While they were recording, someone was victim to some crime i can't remember - carjacking or something else. It was reported that had this camera not been focused where it was, that that crime would not have been captured. It was the only camera pointed at the scene of that crime.

Have read of employees saying some cameras are only on if there is a string of suspicious behavior pattern in certain sections of the store and that not all cameras are on at all times. Its a Walmart documentary you can find on youtube; there are two of them; its not the one about 'The High Cost of Low Prices' but the other one, who's name escapes me.

Cameras at wal-mart depends. Some may not have tape on them at all times. Sometimes, yes the angles are not good, but we have people believe their vehicles were stolen to only see on tape they were repossessed.
I think every store is different and depends on their asset protection people.

Carriers usually store texts for some period of time.

Current article below on the storing of text messages by carriers:

Cops to Congress: We need logs of Americans' text messages

State and local law enforcement groups want wireless providers to store detailed information about your SMS messages for at least two years -- in case they're needed for future criminal investigations.

Snipped

An internal Justice Department document (PDF) that the ACLU obtained through the Freedom of Information Act shows that, as of 2010, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint did not store the contents of text messages. Verizon did for up to five days, a change from its earlier no-logs-at-all position, and Virgin Mobile kept them for 90 days. The carriers generally kept metadata such as the phone numbers associated with the text for 90 days to 18 months; AT&T was an outlier, keeping it for as long as seven years, according to the chart.

A review of court cases by CNET suggests that Justice Department document is out of date. While Sprint is listed as as not storing text message contents, the judge in Rhode Island noted that the company turned over "preserved text messages." And in an unrelated Connecticut case last year, a state judge noted that Sprint provided law enforcement with "text messages involving the phone numbers."

An e-mail message from a detective in the Baltimore County Police Department, leaked by Antisec and reproduced in a Wired article last year, says that Verizon keeps "text message content on their servers for 3-5 days." And: "Sprint stores their text message content going back 12 days and Nextel content for 7 days. AT&T/Cingular do not preserve content at all. Us Cellular: 3-5 days Boost Mobile LLC: 7 days."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/

One of the biggest red flags IMO is the the cell phone. If the cell phone is found on the side of the road with Dad's fingerprints on it, maybe the case will unravel.

I sure would love to know if there was any kind of "ping","signal", that was able to give any kind of a location of Dylan's phone.

Current article below on the storing of text messages by carriers:

Cops to Congress: We need logs of Americans' text messages

State and local law enforcement groups want wireless providers to store detailed information about your SMS messages for at least two years -- in case they're needed for future criminal investigations.

Snipped

An internal Justice Department document (PDF) that the ACLU obtained through the Freedom of Information Act shows that, as of 2010, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint did not store the contents of text messages. Verizon did for up to five days, a change from its earlier no-logs-at-all position, and Virgin Mobile kept them for 90 days. The carriers generally kept metadata such as the phone numbers associated with the text for 90 days to 18 months; AT&T was an outlier, keeping it for as long as seven years, according to the chart.

A review of court cases by CNET suggests that Justice Department document is out of date. While Sprint is listed as as not storing text message contents, the judge in Rhode Island noted that the company turned over "preserved text messages." And in an unrelated Connecticut case last year, a state judge noted that Sprint provided law enforcement with "text messages involving the phone numbers."

An e-mail message from a detective in the Baltimore County Police Department, leaked by Antisec and reproduced in a Wired article last year, says that Verizon keeps "text message content on their servers for 3-5 days." And: "Sprint stores their text message content going back 12 days and Nextel content for 7 days. AT&T/Cingular do not preserve content at all. Us Cellular: 3-5 days Boost Mobile LLC: 7 days."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/

Thank you for sharing.
So they don't want to upset customers' privacy needs so they don't store the messages. But just in case of a pinch, they've got the messages stored. But they don't store them......... but they are available.......

Sounds a bit like ER explaining MR's polygraph.........

Well what if he was acting strange. Maybe he bought a fishing pole.
Maybe they were fighting. maybe Dylan stomped off.
I just think theres a reason we dont see them together Laughting having fun
We only see a pic of Lone Dylan and to me he does not look happy.
JMO

I doubt that they could piece together an entire video of the whole time the two of them were in Walmart with a record of everything that happened from the time they entered the store till they exited.
Not gonna happen.
If he bought a fishing pole, then what? Never heard of a fishing pole being used as a murder weapon, but there's always a first time, I guess.

One of the biggest red flags IMO is the the cell phone. If the cell phone is found on the side of the road with Dad's fingerprints on it, maybe the case will unravel.

I have doubts about the cell phone being found, unless its in shallow water. thats my opinion due to the time of the last activity.

I doubt that they could piece together an entire video of the whole time the two of them were in Walmart with a record of everything that happened from the time they entered the store till they exited.
Not gonna happen.
If he bought a fishing pole, then what? Never heard of a fishing pole being used as a murder weapon, but there's always a first time, I guess.

If an argument ensued between airport and Walmart that was so bad it became physical it makes no sense to me that they went ahead and stopped at Walmart to shop. Why not just go straight home?

The one thing that drives me nuts in these cases is when the person everyone has suspicions about starts saying, "Let's just keep the focus on ________!"
I mean...when you focus on the missing person, you are going to ask a certain number of questions about the actual individual....but then you are going to ask questions about those that were last around the individual. That doesn't mean your focus has changed! The focus is the same.....trying to figure out what happened to the missing person!

That is probably one of my all time number one pet peeves because we hear this statement in so many cases....."Let's just keep the focus on______." I have asked repeated for the person who says this to tell me how to do it...other than rehearsing what the missing person was wearing...or his interests, etc.

When crimes happen, they must be investigated! And we follow the trail wherever it leads us....even if it makes us sad, angry, surprised, fearful.

Dylan.....come home!

I agree with you 100%! But in this case, I think he is responding to questions from the reporters that really have very little to do with the missing child. For instance, one reporter kept asking him questions about his relationship with Dylan's mother and focusing on her allegations that he might have harmed Dylan. I think any parent would get a little peeved when asked personal questions like that. Yes, LE does need to dig into every aspect, but the media should not. Yet they do, and their purpose is to sensationalize everything. They want juicy stuff to put in their articles, so they drum away at things that are best left for LE to sort out. Most of these reporters are not investigators and it's not their job to solve these cases. He wasn't telling LE to focus only on Dylan, he was talking to the media.
JMO.

I have doubts about the cell phone being found, unless its in shallow water. thats my opinion due to the time of the last activity.

I think the phone stopped or was shut-off just before 8:00. Is there a time-line or estimate on when they were at Walmart & an estimate to home? Hmmm...

I have not been on here since last night. Did I miss something? I tried looking at Kevin Torres page for an update but don't see anything. Did they find Dylan's backpack or something? I'm not following these posts. Can someone help me out here?

I am really shocked at all the unfounded accusations on this thread.

Is it really that unreasonable to suspect someone of a violent irrational act when they have a history of acting violently irrational?

I just think they had a fight and it got out of hand.
Seems Dylan wanted to go to friends Dad says no dylan gets mad dad gets mad.
I think they went sep ways in walmart. or dylan walked a distance from Dad.
I do not think he ran away or was abducted!

If they went separate ways in Walmart, and he disappeared from there, I think that's what Dad would have reported. It makes him look worse that he could have disappeared from Dad's home than it would if Dylan was kidnapped right outside Walmart, don't you think?

2 things seem fairly obvious to me. LE is focused on Florida Rd and Vallecito Lake/Reservoir. Why?

Purely speculation here; Did Dylan's phone last ping on Florida Rd? Was Dad's truck seen on Florida Rd? Dad's phone pinged on Florida Rd? This is the route Dad told them he took home?

Vallecito Lake; Is this where Dad told them Dylan would go to fish? tracking/cadaver dog hits? Witness reports of seeing Dylan?

Well, I've always had 2 theories of what I think happened and him being hit by a car is one of them. I'm glad they are searching that area this weekend. I hope it turns up something. Any word/reaction from the parents lately? Since the NG episode? Wonder what MR does all day now. Did ER return to her home, I guess? It must be so frustrating.

If someone starts painting their walls I'm giving up!!

Is it really that unreasonable to suspect someone of a violent irrational act when they have a history of acting violently irrational?

But, was MR the only one that had that same history? I am not accusing anyone else of hurting DR, but I don't think it can be based on that history alone. Does that make sense? jmo

I have not been on here since last night. Did I miss something? I tried looking at Kevin Torres page for an update but don't see anything. Did they find Dylan's backpack or something? I'm not following these posts. Can someone help me out here?

No. There is a search scheduled for tomorrow on Florida Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett