CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing the search location is telling me is they don't necessarily believe the theory that Dylan took off on his own Monday morning to head to Bayfield.

Of course they could just be retracing his tracks from the last place he was seen alive.

I've been thinking on this and I just do not know if every single mcdonalds in america has a security camera inside and outside the stores the way that walmarts do. I'm sure each one has some form of a security cam but it may only be on the stores door ways and not in the drivethru at all since I'm betting very few robberies happen in the drive thru. I'd also bet about 80 or more % of mcdonalds customers are drive thru and not 'dine inside' so any camera not set right on the drive thru lane would not have caught anything. Also let's face it , if MR's truck was seen and no Dylan inside, he could easily say 'he was laying down in the back seat, remember he was SUPER TIRED" or something to explain it away.

If LE felt confident that Dylan was alive Monday morning I don't think they'd bother searching Florida Rd. This says a lot to me.

That was one of the things that makes me suspicious - the fact that MR doesn't seem to suspect anyone in Elaine's family. I'd immediately consider the possibility that someone was overreacting to how much Dylan didn't want to go there, and maybe took and hid him for the duration of the trip. But MR doesn't seem to even consider that.

Or, if he does, he's shared it with LE instead of putting it on blast in the media.

something that also stands out to me, bear with me for a minute

Dylans text to his Mom was at 7.06pm, probably not long after he arrived, less than an hour later his phone stops pinging.

We have proof that Dylan was at at the airport and at walmart, what we don't have proof of is McD's.

how long (driving time) is the drive from the airport to walmart? and how long from walmart to McD's?

I'm thinking that something happened at walmart, possibly as they returned to the vehicle, maybe thats when MR told Dylan it was too late to go to his friends and it esaclated as they left.

So you are thinking between Walmart and wherever DR texted his friend and told him plans had changed and he would see them in the morning? Then he and dad got into an altercation that resulted in DR going missing? Maybe something he said to his friend or the way he said it? Again, wish we had those texts. jmo

I've been thinking on this and I just do not know if every single mcdonalds in america has a security camera inside and outside the stores the way that walmarts do. I'm sure each one has some form of a security cam but it may only be on the stores door ways and not in the drivethru at all since I'm betting very few robberies happen in the drive thru. I'd also bet about 80 or more % of mcdonalds customers are drive thru and not 'dine inside' so any camera not set right on the drive thru lane would not have caught anything. Also let's face it , if MR's truck was seen and no Dylan inside, he could easily say 'he was laying down in the back seat, remember he was SUPER TIRED" or something to explain it away.

My oldest, who has worked at several McDonald's, tells me they have cameras in the drive-thru for monitoring, but she doesn't know if they record or not.

so we have 7.06pm text to Mom
7.30 approx walmart, lets say 10-15 minutes for shopping is that reasonable?
that takes us to about 7.40-7.50pm
load groceries and drive to McDs about 10 minutes away which would put them there at roughly 8pm

I don't think Dad necessarily took Dylans phone off him, its not like Dylan was madly texting and calling people.

Surely MR would have a receipt or could tell LE what he ordered at McDonald's and how he paid. They could look up those records in lieu of video proof.

hmm so 7.06 add 30 minutes takes us to 7.36, Dylans phone stopped 24 minutes after that.

I wonder how long they were in Walmart for?

I'm not so sure they did go to McD's

Sure isn't a lot of time available to shop & go to McDonalds before that phone was shut-off.

My oldest, who has worked at several McDonald's, tells me they have cameras in the drive-thru for monitoring, but she doesn't know if they record or not.

Even in a little quiet place like that ? I live in a small town
and there is very little camera monitoring action,,some but
not nearly as much as in bigger cities with higher populations,
thus higher crime rates.
Tell your oldest thanks !

load groceries and drive to McDs about 10 minutes away which would put them there at roughly 8pm

I don't think Dad necessarily took Dylans phone off him, its not like Dylan was madly texting and calling people.

bbm

which leads one to believe that if something happened it was around this time.

Surely MR would have a receipt or could tell LE what he ordered at McDonald's and how he paid. They could look up those records in lieu of video proof.

I was thinking if he had some old mcdonalds in his truck from a few days before, he could pass that off as bought last night since mcdonalds " FOOD" never
goes bad ! :p

So you are thinking between Walmart and wherever DR texted his friend and told him plans had changed and he would see them in the morning? Then he and dad got into an altercation that resulted in DR going missing? Maybe something he said to his friend or the way he said it? Again, wish we had those texts. jmo

I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't Dylan that told the friend of the change in plans, and I doubt it was a voice call.

If I could get in and out of Walmart in 10-15 minutes that would be a miracle! More like 10-15 minutes just in the check out line. Do we know how many phone calls and texts Dylan sent between 7:06pm and 8:00pm?

I was thinking if he had some old mcdonalds in his truck from a few days before, he could pass that off as bought last night since mcdonalds " FOOD" never
goes bad ! :p

this isn't likely to be used as proof for 11/18 as receipts have dates, times and order numbers.

McDonald's are franchises and I don't think corporate requires every individual McD's to have a security camera. Most likely it would be up to the individual franchise owner who would decide if they need it or not. If they do, it is most likely on the counters inside, which is where it would be most useful - to watch for robberies or for employees who are not putting all the money in the drawer.

My oldest son co-owns a national pizza chain franchise store, and the decision of whether to have a security camera (his does) or not is the franchise owners. They opted to get one after a couple of their employees were robbed at gunpoint one night.

I don't know if McDonald's corporate policy is the same, but it very well could be.

Even in a little quiet place like that ? I live in a small town
and there is very little camera monitoring action,,some but
not nearly as much as in bigger cities with higher populations,
thus higher crime rates.
Tell your oldest thanks !

I think McDonalds probably has a standard operations portocol for each location regardless of where they are. They need to provide employee safety across the board. IMO

I think it's safe to assume the phone was fully charged before Dylan got on the plane - as mom was careful to give him a cell phone and probably would have checked that. but it could have a weak battery, so that doesn't mean it held charge long.

but if Dylan arrived around 6:00 or 6:30, then the phone most certainly was dead before they got home given the 1 hour and 33 minute drive plus all the shopping and eating. And he doesn't plug it in to even check messages or anything once he does get home. He doesn't mention the phone is broken to dad. For a teen who texts and has a worried mom, I find this very unlikely.

Not much of a stretch to imagine Dylan sitting in McDonalds texting with his friends and then asking his Dad if he can spend the night in Bayfield. Reply: No, now shut that **** phone off and eat your dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman