CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if someone did "hide" him to make MR look bad, why hasn't he been returned? Maybe because they thought an arrest would be made post haste and that didn't happen and they are in "now what- oh crap" mode.

We just don't know. I don't see any reason for ER to harm Dylan and I agree, she may be embellishing shall we say on how much interaction she had with Dylan. Or not. I just hope this weekend's search is thorough.

Arrest happening post haste? Why in the world would anyone think that? This is such an outlandish theory that I find alien abduction more likely.

That doesnt mean it ever happened in this case though. Are they still saying MR is not a suspect?

Just because some do .......the vast majority do not wind up dead or harmed at all.

Well he did go missing. According to the father's story, during the time this father left him unsupervised.

Maybe if my child were under the age of six. Thirteen seems a bit old to take such drastic actions. I think most custodial parents are law abiding and won't risk losing custody of their kids, or go to jail for ignoring a Judge's order.

Unless it's MR ..... ?

Some of these arguments seem so one-sided to me.

Heck he may have had to go by and pay his lawyer for all we know.

LE referred to his errands that day as a "couple of meetings". I do believe he had a prearranged appointment with his attorney, not just a drop in to make a payment. And it could very well have been about his displeasure with the current custody situation, we just don't know. What I originally said was that I'd like to know what it was about.

MOO

Sorry can't get it to quote properly, but some pointed out this from NG:

"REDWINE: He texted me at about 7:06 on Sunday night and told me that he had landed and his dad had picked him up. He basically said -- I said, Did your dad get you, son? And he said, yes."

Now, if Dylan (the tech savvy, avid texter) had replied to his mum's message with just a one word reply ..... then this does kind of match up with the idea that Dylan was tired, not in the mood for texting, and didn't actually use his phone after 8pm - rather than the idea that he couldn't, doesn't it? He didn't feel the need to send a long text about not wanting to be there, he didn't complain to his mum or say anything negative about his trip.

I know there has been a lot of discussion that Dylan's texts to his friends could have been sent by someone else, and you would think that sending a one word answer would be a good way of doing that without making anyone suspect it wasn't him (as no clues in the style of text) ... but we know he was alive and well at this point, as cctv proves that. So, maybe he was just actually enjoying being with his dad and chatting, and the phone was forgotten at that point.

Everything I write here is just my thoughts on the situation, and I won't be defending any of it. You may not think the same way as I do, but you can't argue that I don't think these things!

I'm wondering if the reason they've asked that there be no children or young people is because they'll be searching along a highway and kids aren't always as observant as they should be.

I'm not criticizing or insulting ER, but I think she has been trying to "glorify" her relationship with Dylan, probably as much to herself as to other people. She has repeatedly made it sound like Dylan was constantly checking in with her and telling her about every move he made (whose house he was at, what he was doing, etc.), but the plane was reported to have landed at around 6 (possibly 6:30 by one source), but he didn't text her and say he was there or that he had been picked up; she asked him if those things had happened and he sent a text back saying "yes". She also said that he always sent her a text before he went to bed (or at least to let her know where he'd be sleeping) and one in the morning, but she wasn't concerned when neither one happened. She also said she usually would send him a text off and on during the day to say she loved him and ask if he was having fun, but in the 24+ hours it had been since she saw him, she either didn't send any texts (other than the arrival/pickup one) or she wasn't concerned about not getting a response.

There were several other things I wanted to cover, but I'll quit for now with this. I'm not saying that ER did anything wrong, but I think people need to remember that she and MR had a very adversarial relationship, and neither is likely to be seeing/painting an accurate picture of the other.
MOO JMO IMNSHO IMHO ETC

BBM

Thank you for this post. I agree with everything you said, especially regarding the adversarial relationship between the parents.

As I've posted several times, those who think MR harmed Dylan may turn out to be correct. But I like to consider other options, ones that to me are just about as likely as MR being the culprit. JMO

And how is that going to work with the distances in this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In our situation, when my daughter moved to a different state, the judge ordered 6 hours of monitored visitation once a month. The monitor was a police officer. The parents would Take turns who paid for the flight.
Long story but in our circumstance the judge absolutely tried to make sure my grandson was protected. The judge even told the ex that he is scary!

I dont know where you are getting that I said anyone did something horrible to Dylan.:waitasec:

Maybe someone knew he had an appointment with his lawyer and wouldnt be taking Dylan there.

I really dont know but I just dont see any motive for a man who had won his right to have his son visit and it happened. MR had nothing to be angry about. He was not denied visitation and it sure wasnt supervised visitation either. Just a regular visit like thousands of other children do every year.

IMO

And yet we know it happens. We read it here on a weekly, if not a daily basis. I'm not saying *he* did, but there is a lot of "if I can't have ____, no body will" in this world. Especially in protracted, bitter divorces.

I dont know where you are getting that I said anyone did something horrible to Dylan.:waitasec:

Maybe someone knew he had an appointment with his lawyer and wouldnt be taking Dylan there.

I really dont know but I just dont see any motive for a man who had won his right to have his son visit and it happened. MR had nothing to be angry about. He was not denied visitation and it sure wasnt supervised visitation either. Just a regular visit like thousands of other children do every year.

IMO

I don't know... I guess I clearly am not understanding what you are thinking. :)

And if someone did "hide" him to make MR look bad, why hasn't he been returned? Maybe because they thought an arrest would be made post haste and that didn't happen and they are in "now what- oh crap" mode.

We just don't know. I don't see any reason for ER to harm Dylan and I agree, she may be embellishing shall we say on how much interaction she had with Dylan. Or not. I just hope this weekend's search is thorough.

Maybe they did this without thinking it through and know now they have screwed up highly and can be held responsible for kidnapping Dylan from his dad's home because Dylan is a minor and cant just leave on his own without permission. When a child is with their other parent for visitation that parent becomes the custodial parent for that time period.

I never said ER btw.

There is a good reason why LE hasnt ruled out an abduction IMO.

IMO

Sorry can't get it to quote properly, but some pointed out this from NG:

"REDWINE: He texted me at about 7:06 on Sunday night and told me that he had landed and his dad had picked him up. He basically said -- I said, Did your dad get you, son? And he said, yes."

Now, if Dylan (the tech savvy, avid texter) had replied to his mum's message with just a one word reply ..... then this does kind of match up with the idea that Dylan was tired and didn't actually use his phone after 8pm - rather than the idea that he couldn't, doesn't it?

He is a teenager texting to his mother. Do you really expect long detailed text messages between a 13 year old boy and his mother? No matter ho much he loves that mother?

It doesnt have to necessarily be a danger. It can be because the ex-spouse or family members is still hanging onto the hate they have for the ex.

Havent parents hidden children before when they didnt want them to be with the other parent? How convenient that Dylan oops goes missing the very next morning at dad's home after dad gets visitation rights to be with him for Thansgiving.

Its just a little too coincidental to me.

The people with the motive to be pissed about this was not Mark Redwine and HIS family, imo.

IMO

Me too. But for far different reasons, I suspect.

In our situation, when my daughter moved to a different state, the judge ordered 6 hours of monitored visitation once a month. The monitor was a police officer. The parents would Take turns who paid for the flight.
Long story but in our circumstance the judge absolutely tried to make sure my grandson was protected. The judge even told the ex that he is scary!

Well, based on a cases we know about, not all judges are that careful about child's safety.

In questionable situations sometimes the judge will order monitored visitation. In my grandsons situation it was monitored for 2 hours a week.

yes and even thats not always enough to protect kids. A youngster I know has two hours a fortnight supervised visitation, she has been kicked, pinched,tripped, burnt with hot coffee and has been given foods that her father knows cause her serious eczema and other allergies. the poor darling is terrified and has changed from confident to angry and sullen.

that visitation was ordered after he threatened to kill her and her mother.

Dylan died in a remote location so the dogs wouldn’t be able to follow his scent from the house and find his body. JMO

yes and even thats not always enough to protect kids. A youngster I know has two hours a fortnight supervised visitation, she has been kicked, pinched,tripped, burnt with hot coffee and has been given foods that her father knows cause her serious eczema and other allergies. the poor darling is terrified and has changed from confident to angry and sullen.

that visitation was ordered after he threatened to kill her and her mother.

Josh Powell and both his sons ended up dead during supervised visitation. Or at least what was supposed to be supervised visitation. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member