CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok :) With fly fishing you generally make lures out of various materials, the idea being that it looks like a certain type of insect or other edible to fish. At least that is how I did it, we didn't actually use dead flies.

Usually you make these ahead of time so all you have to do is grab some lures. MR hasn't explicitly said that Dylan took lures but I interpret "fishing pole" as more than just the physical pole.
I usually think of the way you fly cast as being a bigger difference than what you use to lure the fish. For AlexisFrexca's information, since she said she was unfamiliar with the term; With pole fishing, you cast your line into the water and sit there and wait for a fish to bite your hook while taking your bait. With fly casting, you cast your line out and reel it back in so it looks like a fly on top of the water moving across the lake, stream, river, whatever. I always thought it was a lot less boring.

whats everyones opinions about how Dylan was supposed to be meeting his mates in Bayfield at 6.30am, a half hour drive away but that MR couldn't get Dylan to get up and didn't leave until 7.30 to go to Durango?

he was making noise around the house for at least 1 1/2 hours but Dylan still wouldn't get up? I don't buy it at all. I know how hard it can be to rouse a teen, but when they have plans that they're looking forward to tired or not they are itching to get out that door.

If that were the case, he really blew it. If he was just using DR to control ER, why would he kill him and remove any excuse he had for contacting her? Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

The actions/reasons of killers don't make sense to a normal person, that's why its not making sense to most here.
If he is responsible for Dylan's disappearance, its likely he snapped and lost his temper and things just got out of control. FAST!

:what: Paul, Paul, Paul.

I already posted a link to the stats a few pages ago. 50% is not the correct figure, it's in the 35% range. So most people don't get divorced, therefore being divorced isn't "normal."

Sorry, but I keep reading in this thread what "normal" people do based on what they do, and anyone who does anything different isn't "normal." Since I've never been divorced, I'm just running with that.

whats everyones opinions about how Dylan was supposed to be meeting his mates in Bayfield at 6.30am, a half hour drive away but that MR couldn't get Dylan to get up and didn't leave until 7.30 to go to Durango?

he was making noise around the house for at least 1 1/2 hours but Dylan still wouldn't get up? I don't buy it at all. I know how hard it can be to rouse a teen, but when they have plans that they're looking forward to tired or not they are itching to get out that door.

Not to mention the energy levels are insane at that age! Looking back at junior and senior high, man there were times I pulled all nighters and went through the next day and evening, no problem at all.

I already posted a link to the stats a few pages ago. 50% is not the correct figure, it's in the 35% range. So most people don't get divorced, therefore being divorced isn't "normal."

Sorry, but I keep reading in this thread what "normal" people do based on what they do, and anyone who does anything different isn't "normal." Since I've never been divorced, I'm just running with that.

http://www.divorcerate.org/

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage

50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.

According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
•The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
•The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
•The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%

I'd say that looks fairly close to 50%

IMO, I'm not convinced DR left the house Monday morning. Since no one saw him walking on the road or at the lake, I'm sticking to my theory of someone picking him up from the house. Maybe that's the reason LE asked for video footage of the roads/surrounding area.....to see if vehicles of interest (stolen, RSO's) were in the vicinity. BTW, whatever happened to the RSO living down the street from MR? Has the RSO been ruled out or is that an old address?

Not to mention the energy levels are insane at that age! Looking back at junior and senior high, man there were times i pulled all nighters and went through the next day and evening, no problem at all.

BBM

But presumably you would have crashed and slept like a log at some point after that - which is allegedly what DR did? Apparently he didn't get to bed until 4:00am on Sunday morning, and we have no clue how much sleep he got during that day before his flight to visit MR. In this case, there is a good chance that the last proper full sleep DR had was on Friday night - but of course, no guarantees that happened either.

:moo:

IMO, Dylan most likely never made it to dad's house.

I don't think he would quit texting at 8 pm
I don't think he would be so tired as to go to bed just after arriving at dad's house.
I don't think he would go to sleep early and then not jump up to go to friend's
I don't think he would head out fishing when his goal was to go to friend's
I don't think he would head out hitching without calling his friends that morning
I don't think he would be awake on Monday morning without using that phone for texting

The only person who saw or heard from Dylan after 8pm Sunday was dad.
That says it all.

Come to think of it, it is kind of strange to me that Dylan was not texting away in that Walmart photo, as least as far as I could tell. I never see a teen looking anywhere but at their phones these days, no matter what they are doing or where they are.

He did look pissed off in that image; wonder if Mark took his phone away from him before they walked into the store - like before they left the truck even to go into the store?

Yeah, husband and I don't get these teens and their phones. We were waiting outside OG for a table last summer; a family of 4 walked out, mom and dad and their two daughters behind them. The one looked to be maybe 11? She had her leftover box in one hand and her other hand, cell to her ear, talking to a friend how she had just got done eating and they were walking to the car to do whatever next. I just shook my head. Saddens me to see this in our society - the way the cell phone is a part of most people's bodies anymore! Like the phone is their oxygen tank.

BBM

But presumably you would have crashed and slept like a log at some point after that - which is allegedly what DR did? Apparently he didn't get to bed until 4:00am on Sunday morning, and we have no clue how much sleep he got during that day before his flight to visit MR. In this case, there is a good chance that the last proper full sleep DR had was on Friday night - but of course, no guarantees that happened either.

:moo:

Speaking for me, I usually slept my regular sleep time the following night and didn't feel deprived after waking up.

IMO, I'm not convinced DR left the house Monday morning. Since no one saw him walking on the road or at the lake, I'm sticking to my theory of someone picking him up from the house. Maybe that's the reason LE asked for video footage of the roads/surrounding area.....to see if vehicles of interest (stolen, RSO's) were in the vicinity. BTW, whatever happened to the RSO living down the street from MR? Has the RSO been ruled out or is that an old address?

This thought had crossed my mind as well. And remember how well the probation officer searched Philip Garrido's place every time he went on a visit??? Jaycee Dugard and her two children were back behind the fencing in a tent. So if there is an RSO around, I hope they did a very thorough search. Jaycee got missed for YEARS and she was right there.

Speaking for me, I usually slept my regular sleep time the following night and didn't feel deprived after waking up.

I can speak of my own 13 year old son, who after an occasional very late night, will by the next afternoon be a raving nutter.:pullhair: He can be cranky, teary, emotional, snarling at his brother, yelling or snapping at anyone who will listen - then all of a sudden go quiet. Then I will inevitably find him passed out on his bed and all will become clear - he was just dreadfully overtired, and will then wake up a couple of hours later as though nothing as happened.

thank you to everyone-ya'll are so welcoming and friendly!!! it is hard to find people like that now-a-days. maybe i am so into this case because mine and dylans initials are both DR. and then two of my brothers are CR.

anyway, i understand if LE doesn't want to give out any information, for privacy and so that they are able to build a case.. but imo even if they are trying to build a case against let's say.. MR then wouldn't it be smart to warn the community of an abductor EVEN IF they have evidence against MR or think that MR had something to do with DRs disappearance? This way, they can get the eyes of the community off of MR and maybe he will slip up? and if they find out that it wasn't MR- then the community has already been forewarned? that makes sense in my head, i hope i can get it into words and it make sense for ya'll.

but....
it is just not looking good for MR IN MY OPINION.
1. DRs cell phone not pinging past 8.
2. last text message to mom has scowl emoticon.
3. no evidence (released) that DR was in MRs house. (cereal bowl and nickelodeon could have been set up.. i feel as though the cereal bowl would have been cleaned up the 5 hours before MR went to friends house looking for DR)
4. the "out like a light" and then changing it to DR "i understand"
5. his mom saying he wanted to go see friends, he would have woken up.
6. the time frame, period. all that night and then next morning when he went to go do errands (even though the errands are accounted for, the 5 hours when he got back is not-- maybe to set up the cereal bowl or to double check on covering up evidence?)
7. the court records showing menacing and other charges/ CR beating up MR/ MR swinging on DR
8. if he was waiting on his dad to get home and he went fishing- why didnt he just go to the closest place- not 4 miles away? and why would he go by himself and not call a friend to see if either the parent could pick DR up or bring one of the friends to DR to fish.
9. MR saying what he was wearing, including specific shoes and hat-but yet he was supposedly sleeping and a sleeping DR most likely wouldnt be wearing shoes and a hat.
10. the whole fishing pole situation
11. why didn't DR ride the bicycle that was in MRs front yard to go "fishing" or to his friends house?
12. no using the internet or landline to let his friends know he was on his way there if cell phone had died/broken or letting someone know that his phone died/broke
13. ER openly admitting that she thought MR had something to do with it-- i feel as though a mother wouldnt say things like this if she didn't believe it.. why bring attention to someone if you didn't feel as though they were guilty? having the LE look into this will just waste time instead of time that could be spent searching for dylan.

i feel as though DR never made it to MR's house. That is why MR did not care if LE searched the house because there were no signs of foul play or anything BECAUSE DR never made it to the house.The only things that were in MRs house that LE could find were things MR WANTED LE to find..

these are all my opinions- and my stand on how i see everything...
i feel like no matter what the situation- 2 parents should come together for the sake of THEIR child...
sorry i posted so much. i just have so many thoughts. i hope this doesnt go against any rules- i am brand new and i do not think i have openly accused anyone, just put all of my thoughts on the line. whew.

I dont have any children- but this is how i feel

I don't think MR had anything to do with the disappearance of his beloved son.

IMO, DR was abducted, possibly from MR's home, or even elsewhere. Or, DR had an unfortunate accident.

What I would like to know is if satellite images are available for the area since DR has been missing that we could view to see if we see any type image that could be DR. (For example, I know that real time images are available for the US/Mexico border for viewing.)

Thanks.

This thought had crossed my mind as well. And remember how well the probation officer searched Philip Garrido's place every time he went on a visit??? Jaycee Dugard and her two children were back behind the fencing in a tent. So if there is an RSO around, I hope they did a very thorough search. Jaycee got missed for YEARS and she was right there.

Jumping off my own post here: Do you know that where Philip Garrido kidnapped Jaycee Dugard to where he took her and where he lived was 3 hours away??

He was out on a mission to find a child to kidnap and Jaycee was walking to her bus stop while her step-father watched her. She was taken 3 hours away from where she was kidnapped.

Now, IF Dylan was kidnapped while walking somewhere on that Monday morning, he might not even be in the state of CO anymore. Or on the other side of it. Someone could have come to the area with the expressed purpose of kidnapping a child who was on vacation from school for Thanksgiving and found Dylan. It's not like this type of thing hasn't happened before. Just a thought.

I also want to mention that it is still in the back of my mind that DR is o.k. and is hiding out somewhere. He obviously preferred to stay in the Bayview area where he previously lived to be with his friends, rather than being uprooted to Colorado Springs. (I know his Mother said he liked it in Colorado Springs, but I have enough experience with boys that age to know they would prefer to be with the friends they have had for years.)

That is one of the big questions in this case that I wish LE would have answered from the beginnig was: Did Dylan get to MR's house on Sunday night and did he spend the night there??? That's a huge one.

That is one of the big questions in this case that I wish LE would have answered from the beginnig was: Did Dylan get to MR's house on Sunday night and did he spend the night there??? That's a huge one.

Can you call them and ask?

Jumping off my own post here: Do you know that where Philip Garrido kidnapped Jaycee Dugard to where he took her and where he lived was 3 hours away??

He was out on a mission to find a child to kidnap and Jaycee was walking to her bus stop while her step-father watched her. She was taken 3 hours away from where she was kidnapped.

Now, IF Dylan was kidnapped while walking somewhere on that Monday morning, he might not even be in the state of CO anymore. Or on the other side of it. Someone could have come to the area with the expressed purpose of kidnapping a child who was on vacation from school for Thanksgiving and found Dylan. It's not like this type of thing hasn't happened before. Just a thought.

ok going with your theory would a would be kidnapper really be looking in a mountainous rural area where there is one road in one way out? IMO that would be like placing your head in a noose and asking to be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck